Introduce Yourselves:

Welcome @weezle

Congrats on going 6 months without a smoke...fantastic achievement :clap:
And it's good to see your vape setup has evolved...you've ended up with some great gear, and have the experience to appreciate it ;)

Enjoy the forum :)

Hi, I'm Zadiac and I'm a vape addict........um......is this the right place? *looks around*

Hi, Igno here. Got into vaping about 6 months ago and have been lurking on this site for a while and learned quite a bit. I'm still on my Twisp and getting ready to get into more serious stuff. Looking at the Smok M80 Plus mod and the Kanger Subtank Mini, any opinions would be appreciated as I'm open to suggestions. Waiting for payday to get my gear.

Oh, forgot to mention that I used to be a smoker for 13 years before I discovered vaping and haven't had a stinky since I started this journey, 6 Months and still going strong.

Hi. My name is Andrew. have been smoking my Twisp since November last year. I have had some smokes in between but thats only after a few drinks.

Welcome guys, hope you enjoy the forum. There's lots of info and a great bunch of people who will be happy to answer any questions. Enjoy the journey

Sent while vaping on Okkum my Smok M80

@Ingo. I agree with @weezle the smok M80 is a very good mod and the subtank mini is a good match for the mod.

Since getting this combo about two months ago I am very happy with it and don't feel the need for anything else.

Sent while vaping on Okkum my Smok M80

Welcome @Igno

Congrats on kicking a 13 year habbit, and switching to vaping...well done :clap:

The Smok M80 is a fantastic piece of equipment and I highly recommend it.

On the question of the SubTank Mini...it's an amazing atty, one of my favourites...but just be aware that it is a lung hitting device - which means that to use it effectively you will need to draw the vaper directly into your lungs. This can take some getting used to when coming from a twisp, where traditionally you would first draw the vaper into your mount before inhaling. You also lose that throat hit (which is the feeling you have in the back of your throat, similar to what you used to get from a cigarette).

Now I'm not saying don't get the SubTank Mini, I'm just saying it would be best for you to test out lung hitting first before spending money on something you may not like. On the other hand, you'll still have the twisp to ween you off of mouth to lung vaping if you find yourself enjoying the new style of vaping :D

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions on the subject but know that, as the others have mentioned, this is a really great combo :)

Enjoy the forum, and the new gear ;)

Hi. My name is Andrew. have been smoking my Twisp since November last year. I have had some smokes in between but thats only after a few drinks.

Welcome @Crittilian23

We don't "smoke" anything on here...we vape them :p:D

But seriously, congrats on switching to vaping, even if you misbehave with a cigarette every once in a while you are still living a 100 times healthier - so it's all good :clap:

Enjoy the forum, and the smoking vaping ;)

Thanks for all the advise here, I appreciate all the input. @free3dom , the direct to lung inhale of the subtank mini is one of my main concerns as I was aware of this. What I wasnt aware of is the lack of throat hit, I tried with the twisp and there seems to be a slight throat hit when hitting the lungs direct. Will that be similar using the subtank mini, maybe with a tighter airflow? Thanks for the advise, it helps alot.

Hi, Igno here. Got into vaping about 6 months ago and have been lurking on this site for a while and learned quite a bit. I'm still on my Twisp and getting ready to get into more serious stuff. Looking at the Smok M80 Plus mod and the Kanger Subtank Mini, any opinions would be appreciated as I'm open to suggestions. Waiting for payday to get my gear.

Welcome @Igno
Congrats on the switch to vaping!!
Glad you found the forum and signed up instead of just reading

As for your upcoming gear, I am not an expert on those two devices but they seem good and seem like a good combo. The M80 is well liked by many. And the Kanger Subtank Mini is great because it offers you a strong vape and can use commercial coils as well as rebuildable.

All the best and let us kno how it goes

And keep in mind that Vapecon is happening on 30th May in Fouways.

Welcome @Crittilian23
Congrats on the vaping!
Enjoy the forum. We have a special place here

Thanks for all the advise here, I appreciate all the input. @free3dom , the direct to lung inhale of the subtank mini is one of my main concerns as I was aware of this. What I wasnt aware of is the lack of throat hit, I tried with the twisp and there seems to be a slight throat hit when hitting the lungs direct. Will that be similar using the subtank mini, maybe with a tighter airflow? Thanks for the advise, it helps alot.

While there is some form of throat hit, it is generally much reduced and if you vape some high nicotine juice the throat hit is actually quite unpleasant due to the volume of vapour - not to mention that with higher nic you will probably run into problems with regards to your nicotine intake. Certain types of juices also give you more airflow, but I generally find that when I use these on lung hitting tanks it irritates my throat somewhat - not bad, and nowhere near smoking, but I do notice it. I also find high menthol juices very harsh on lung hitting devices - some members on here even dilute their menthol juices when using them in lung hitting tanks :)

That said, the newer models of the SubTank Mini (the ones currently being sold at SkyBlue) do come with a tiny airflow hole which allows you to use it (more-or-less) for mouth to lung vaping. Unfortunately Kanger does not indicate the "version" of the SubTank mini on the box, so I'm not sure which other vendors stock the latest model - you can try contacting your preferred vendor and ask them if their model has "dual airflow" since this is the other extra addition for the newer ones with the smaller airflow setting :)

It really is a great RTA (definitely in my top 3 of all time) and I don't want to dissuade you from getting one. Just make sure that if you do you get the latest iteration and I'm sure you will be fine. In the end, you do get used to lung hits quite easily, and many vapers end up preferring it, to the point where they no longer want to do mouth to lung hits :D

Greetings good people!

Very cool forum that you have here! I have managed to rid myself from the stinkies just just over a year ago. Like many people I started my e-cig venture with my trusty twisp and vaping made sense to me ever since.

I have learned quite a bit from this forum already and also intend to contribute in the future.

Greetings good people!

Very cool forum that you have here! I have managed to rid myself from the stinkies just just over a year ago. Like many people I started my e-cig venture with my trusty twisp and vaping made sense to me ever since.

I have learned quite a bit from this forum already and also intend to contribute in the future.
Hi @Manbearpig and welcome to the forum

Congrats on the stinky free year, looking forward to your input on the forum.

What device are you using at the moment?

Greetings good people!

Glad i got you off the twisp at last :) Now to start with the mods...

Hi @Manbearpig and welcome to the forum

Congrats on the stinky free year, looking forward to your input on the forum.

What device are you using at the moment?

Hi Riaz,

Recently bought a eLeaf 30W with the Kanger Subtank and added the Subtank Mini to my collection over the weekend.Currently i'm using the 0.5 Ohm coils. The Mini is slightly better in my opinion because of the improved airflow (doesn't get as hot as the subtank).

Overall very happy with that combination.

Welcome @Manbearpig

Congrats on a year of being smoke free, a fantastic achievement :clap:

Glad to hear that twisp got you off the smoking (or is that on the vaping, I guess it's a matter of perspective :p ) - they are fantastic in that regard :D

You seem to be set for gear (at least for now) with the iStick 30W and Kanger SubTanks - I'm a big fan of the SubTank Mini myself and have one in my daily rotation :)

Enjoy the forum ;)

Greetings good people!

Welcome to the forum @Manbearpig.
Congrats and we'll done on your achievement of 1 year.

Great to hear that you have already got something back from the forum. That I'd the purpose of it and it's always good to hear that the learning never stops. Please share some of your experiences over you vape journey with us

Back