Introduce Yourselves:

Welcome to the forum @Manbearpig
Congrats on the switch to vaping!
Enjoy your stay here

Welcome to the forum @Manbearpig.
Congrats and we'll done on your achievement of 1 year.

Great to hear that you have already got something back from the forum. That I'd the purpose of it and it's always good to hear that the learning never stops. Please share some of your experiences over you vape journey with us

I'm still pretty new to all of this. This was my first month vaping something that is not a Twisp. As it stands I have spent over 2k this month on various and miscellaneous vaping accessories. Just returned from Vapemob with a bottle of Gambit and some 24G Kanthal.. I'm Officially broke for this month...

Hi Guys,

Kind of new to the forum, well signed up around mid last year, been on and off the forum quite often but only actively starting to post now.

Been vaping for almost a year and a half now, only started modding about a year ago though and loving it!

Currently DIY my own juice, started DIYing to get the flavours I couldn't find anywhere, but I ended enjoying my recipes so much that I rarely buy new juices now.

The setup I carry around with me is:

Cloupor Mini + Subtank Mini
IPV Mini II + Atlantis V2

At home I usually drip on my Dark Horse.

Although, I'm constantly buying new equipment so next week might be something completely different!

I'm still pretty new to all of this. This was my first month vaping something that is not a Twisp. As it stands I have spent over 2k this month on various and miscellaneous vaping accessories. Just returned from Vapemob with a bottle of Gambit and some 24G Kanthal.. I'm Officially broke for this month...
you will have to get used that sensation lol. its a common problem for us vapers to go overboard and kill the vape budget and every other budget on vape gear

Hi Guys,

Kind of new to the forum, well signed up around mid last year, been on and off the forum quite often but only actively starting to post now.

Been vaping for almost a year and a half now, only started modding about a year ago though and loving it!

Currently DIY my own juice, started DIYing to get the flavours I couldn't find anywhere, but I ended enjoying my recipes so much that I rarely buy new juices now.

The setup I carry around with me is:

Cloupor Mini + Subtank Mini
IPV Mini II + Atlantis V2

At home I usually drip on my Dark Horse.

Although, I'm constantly buying new equipment so next week might be something completely different!

Welcome to the forum @AdventONE
Hope you enjoy your stay.
We have a special place here.

Welcome @AdventONE

Glad to see you decided to chime in after being a silent member for so long - we appreciate all participation ;)
Being a seasoned vaper, other members can benefit from your experience :)

DIY is a really great way to get nice juice without killing the budget - leaving more for new mods, which there is never a shortage of. There is a very active DIY community on here, so hope to see you interacting there :D

Keep enjoying the forum, and play along if you like...the more the merrier ;)

Hi Everyone.

My name is Willie and I'm a final year student in potch finishing my financial accounting degree this year.
i started smoking 3 years ago have not fully stopped but vaping is saving me a little at a time. Went from smoking almost 2 packs a day to about 2 stinkies a day. Hoping that upgrading my gear will help me stop finally.

I have been reading this forum for about 3 months but only became a member last night after not being able to fall asleep.
Really love the attitude and positivity of this forum!!!

Hi Everyone.

My name is Willie and I'm a final year student in potch finishing my financial accounting degree this year.
i started smoking 3 years ago have not fully stopped but vaping is saving me a little at a time. Went from smoking almost 2 packs a day to about 2 stinkies a day. Hoping that upgrading my gear will help me stop finally.

I have been reading this forum for about 3 months but only became a member last night after not being able to fall asleep.
Really love the attitude and positivity of this forum!!!

Welcome to the forum @Yoda
We met on the other thread ;-)
Congrats on the vaping and cutting down of stinkies. Great thing you have done!

Glad you finally joined.

Enjoy your stay and wishing you all the best

PS - when you get a chance, please change your location to Potchefstroom instead of South Africa. The location helps with many things on the forum. Just log in with a normal browser, click your name in the top right, then Personal Settings. Then find the Location field.

Welcome master @Yoda ;)

Congrats on taking the first step. For some the switch from vaping takes a bit longer than for others, and there is nothing wrong with that :)

Once you get something that can fulfill your nicotine requirements, giving up completely is just a mental exercise - this can be challenging, but it is definitely worth the effort :D

Best of luck with the studies - you will need the accounting skills once the vape gear bug gets a hold of you :p

Enjoy the forum

Vapecon countdown.... Next week Saturday.... 9 days from now

Attention all new members!

VapeCon 2015 is taking place on 30 May 2015 in Fourways, JHB.

This is SA's first vape convention. Lots of vapers and retailers will be there. It is going to be fabulous!
There will be competitions and prizes as well as great deals on vape gear and juice.
Whether you are starting out, just curious or an advanced vaper - come along and have a jol with us.

Check out this thread - http://www.ecigssa.co.za/vapecon-2015-the-cloud-is-starting-to-get-bigger.t9896/
Or the VapeCon website - www.vapecon.co.za

Hi :makeup:

My Name is Leanne, I was an on again off again smoker, I started vaping about a year ago. I have since stopped stinkies all together and couldn't imagine having one again. I started on an Ego style device, moved onto the Eleaf and use a dripper as and when the need arises. I enjoy dripping, there is just nothing that compares in terms of flavour. Although mostly at home, sticky juice not so great in a handbag, also pretty kak at rewicking and building coils, that is what I leave for my better half to fiddle witho_Oo_O.

Looking forward to making the lady circle of vapers bigger.

Welcome @Lillybell

Congrats on getting off the cigs, well done :clap:

Glad to hear you are enjoying the dripping experience, even though it seems your better half is doing most of the heavy lifting ;)

Dripping is definitely the way to go for flavour, but there is an easier way...look into getting yourself a bottom fed device, with a suitable bottom fed dripper - it's the best of both worlds. No sticky juice, just flavour :) There are a couple of options around, with the Reo being the gold standard :D

Enjoy the forum and looking forward to seeing the "lady circle of vapors" grow :)

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I have a friend who uses a Rio, just never been a fan of the form factor, fickle I guess.

Any other bottom fed that can be recommended?

Last edited:
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I have a friend who uses a Rio, just never been a fan of the form factor, fickle I guess.

Any other bottom fed that can be recommended?

There are two other contenders available locally right now, but all are similar to the Reo in form factor (more or less).
One is a regulated device though :)

Terminator BF

Geyscano 50W BF

Sup peeps,

My name is Jéan. I was a smoker since standard 7 and never thought I'd quit until about 8 months ago when my wife ended up in hospital with pneumonia. The doc told her she had to quit smoking, which inevitably meant I had to stop, so I went out and got us each a twisp. That went great for a while and then I decided to upgrade after chatting to some experienced vapers, so I got a clk1280 with a Genitank. That went well for a while and then after a friend got into sub-ohming I decided to upgrade again. I am now the proud owner of a 50w istick and my subtank will follow soon.

I've also played around with rebuilding the coils on my Genitank and the results have been very good (after some experimenting) I liked throwing together the juices and have now upgraded to a full on DIY kit from Skyblue. I mixed my first batch today after a great chat with @Melinda and @Derick. You guys Rock!

So that's my story! 8 months off the stinkies and totally obsessed with vaping

Sup peeps,

My name is Jéan. I was a smoker since standard 7 and never thought I'd quit until about 8 months ago when my wife ended up in hospital with pneumonia. The doc told her she had to quit smoking, which inevitably meant I had to stop, so I went out and got us each a twisp. That went great for a while and then I decided to upgrade after chatting to some experienced vapers, so I got a clk1280 with a Genitank. That went well for a while and then after a friend got into sub-ohming I decided to upgrade again. I am now the proud owner of a 50w istick and my subtank will follow soon.

I've also played around with rebuilding the coils on my Genitank and the results have been very good (after some experimenting) I liked throwing together the juices and have now upgraded to a full on DIY kit from Skyblue. I mixed my first batch today after a great chat with @Melinda and @Derick. You guys Rock!

Most welcome to the ward of the obsessed! Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - a huge achievement. Happy vaping.

Sup peeps,

Welcome to the forum @Zenooph
Congrats on giving up smoking. Great achievement!
Wishing you all the best for your journey
Enjoy your stay here. We have a great place

This might sound a bit daft, especially from someone who works in IT, but where do I change my country?

I'm definitely not in the USA

This might sound a bit daft, especially from someone who works in IT, but where do I change my country?

I'm definitely not in the USA

Hi @Zenooph
Dont worry, thats not a daft question
You cant change the country flag indicator
It is automatically displayed by the forum software based on your IP address. So maybe your ISP is connecting via a IP address that looks like the USA

Dont worry, your locatiom field still says Johannesburg, so we know thats where you are

Back