Introduce Yourselves:

Hello

I'm Script, i have been an on and off vaper for around 2 years as evod's and stock batteries just weren't doing it for me, slowly been trying new some new hardware. Recently acquired an Eleaf istick and a couple of decent Clearomizers (T3'D, Protank 2 and AeroTank ) which really hit the spot and i haven't touched a cig since :)

Hello

I'm Script, i have been an on and off vaper for around 2 years as evod's and stock batteries just weren't doing it for me, slowly been trying new some new hardware. Recently acquired an Eleaf istick and a couple of decent Clearomizers (T3'D, Protank 2 and AeroTank ) which really hit the spot and i haven't touched a cig since :)
Most welcome. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit for good. Shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.

Welcome @Script3d

Well done on staying off the cigarettes - the newer devices really make it that much easier to rid yourself of that bad habit once and for all. You might get a new habit as reward, but it's a much nicer one :D

Best of luck with the vaping, and feel free to ask if you need any advice :)

Enjoy the forum ;)

Attention all members, especially newer members that may not know.

1-Day-to-Go 200wide.jpg

VapeCon 2015 is taking place TOMORROW - SATURDAY 30 May 2015 in Fourways, JHB.

Venue: Smugglers Pub - Cnr Witkoppen and Riverbend Road, Fourways
Time: Starts at 10am

This is SA's first vape convention. Lots of vapers and retailers will be there. It is going to be fabulous!
There will be competitions and prizes as well as great deals on vape gear and juice.
Whether you are starting out, just curious or an advanced vaper - come along and have a jol with us.

Check out this thread - http://www.ecigssa.co.za/vapecon-2015-the-cloud-is-starting-to-get-bigger.t9896/
Or the VapeCon website - www.vapecon.co.za

Welcome @Script3d

Well done on staying off the cigarettes - the newer devices really make it that much easier to rid yourself of that bad habit once and for all. You might get a new habit as reward, but it's a much nicer one :D

Best of luck with the vaping, and feel free to ask if you need any advice :)

Enjoy the forum ;)

Thanks you , will do ^^

Hello

Welcome and congratulations great to hear

Hi Guys.

Thanks for having me here. I've been Twisping for two weeks now and just got myself an Istick 30w & Nautilus combo. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction regarding this combo. Off the bat it seems like this will keep me satisfied for a long time. Vaping has been so good up to now, that I constantly ask myself the question : "What's the catch?" So much flavour and aroma. No known health hazards, no stink smell and no anti-social behaviour. It looks like I'll be saving a pretty pennie too...so really now....What's the catch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Guys.

Thanks for having me here. I've been Twisping for two weeks now and just got myself an Istick 30w & Nautilus combo. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction regarding this combo. Off the bat it seems like this will keep me satisfied for a long time. Vaping has been so good up to now, that I constantly ask myself the question : "What's the catch?" So much flavour and aroma. No known health hazards, no stink smell and no anti-social behaviour. It looks like I'll be saving a pretty pennie too...so really now....What's the catch?

Well done, the catch is all the gizmos and gadgets darn wish I could have made it to vapecon today.

Attention all members, especially newer members that may not know.

VapeCon 2015 is taking place TODAY 30 May 2015 in Fourways, JHB.

Venue: Smugglers Pub - Cnr Witkoppen and Riverbend Road, Fourways
Time: Starts at 10am

This is SA's first vape convention. Lots of vapers and retailers will be there. It is going to be fabulous!
There will be competitions and prizes as well as great deals on vape gear and juice.
Whether you are starting out, just curious or an advanced vaper - come along and have a jol with us.

Check out this thread - http://www.ecigssa.co.za/vapecon-2015-the-cloud-is-starting-to-get-bigger.t9896/
Or the VapeCon website - www.vapecon.co.za

Hi Guys.

Most welcome. Yes, caught me by surprise as well how easy it was. As @nemo said, the CUD (compulsive upgrade disorder) is the catch. And chasing juices could be. But more than worth it. Happy vaping.

Most welcome. Yes, caught me by surprise as well how easy it was. As @nemo said, the CUD (compulsive upgrade disorder) is the catch. And chasing juices could be. But more than worth it. Happy vaping.
CUD LoL. Had a few CUD's with other things in life, so hopeful I've learnt how to manage it with this vice.

I am an American and I got into vape when I couldn't smoke early on, I wasn't thrilled with it in '08 but I traveled a lot and cig-alikes were a lot better than nothing.

Now it has been over a year since I lit anything on fire and breathed it in. I lived in Joburg for a while as an expat years ago and I am heading back and as a full time vaper now, I'm a little uncertain about the expectations and rules. I would love any advice I can get, I have found the newness of vaping makes for complex receptions. Simply put what are the general acceptance thresholds in SA?

I am an American and I got into vape when I couldn't smoke early on, I wasn't thrilled with it in '08 but I traveled a lot and cig-alikes were a lot better than nothing.

Now it has been over a year since I lit anything on fire and breathed it in. I lived in Joburg for a while as an expat years ago and I am heading back and as a full time vaper now, I'm a little uncertain about the expectations and rules. I would love any advice I can get, I have found the newness of vaping makes for complex receptions. Simply put what are the general acceptance thresholds in SA?
Most welcome.
The legal position is somewhat grey, but sales of both gear and juices are not hindered at this stage. Not many brick and mortar setups, but quite a few online outlets - check out our vendor section.
Our Minister of Health has threatened to ban vaping, but no concrete steps or any proposed legislation at this stage.
Generally, courteous vaping behaviour is well received.
Hope you enjoy our country. Happy vaping.

Really gets me all 'heated up", quote: Our Minister of Health has threatened to ban vaping, but no concrete steps or any proposed legislation at this stage" unquote. The entire family smokes, I the only vaper and as the wife decided that the interior of the house must be repainted, I spent the entire day washing the lounge and dining room walls with sugar soap, three boxes used in total, just cannot believe what nicotine does to your walls, don't want to think about my lungs....and they want to consider banning vaping...better keep quiet before I break any rules on the forum.

Forgot to add, if I was still a smoker, would have stopped quite a few too many times for a "smoke break", was so damn proud of myself, only stopped for lunch and one coffee break and damn, did those vape(s) go down well. On the vaping road now, no turning back.....tell that to our HEALTH minister !!!

Really gets me all 'heated up", quote: Our Minister of Health has threatened to ban vaping, but no concrete steps or any proposed legislation at this stage" unquote. The entire family smokes, I the only vaper and as the wife decided that the interior of the house must be repainted, I spent the entire day washing the lounge and dining room walls with sugar soap, three boxes used in total, just cannot believe what nicotine does to your walls, don't want to think about my lungs....and they want to consider banning vaping...better keep quiet before I break any rules on the forum.
we moved into a flat many years ago and scrubbed it down with a 25l of that pine gel stuff. we thought the walls were an eggshell colour when we started they were actually white.

Welcome @rogerm1308

Vaping (relative to smoking) has no catch...which is why we love it so much :D
Even the CUD, as @Andre mentioned, is awesome - money was meant to be spent...it wants to be spent :p

I'm glad to see you found the iStick + mAn combo, as it really is the best "next step" and should do wonders to keep you from even thinking about a cigarette ;)

Best of luck with the next few weeks - hopefully it goes by without a hitch and you'll be in the clear ;)

Enjoy the forum

PS: I just thought of a "catch"...smelling smokers - you won't believe how bad it smells when you're not doing it anymore :eek:
;)

Welcome @Charlzz

As @Andre said, currently we have fairly unrestricted access to all things vaping, and most people are quite accepting of the practice. I seriously doubt that there will be any change on this front any time soon. And even if they do ban it, you can rest assured that the important stuff will still be available in some way ;)

Also, our local vendors are pretty good at keeping up with what's hot and we do have access to most of the latest devices. We also have a great variety of locally produced juices available (and the list keeps growing each month) so there are no shortages - imported juices are a bit more difficult to get, but there are vendors who bring these in specifically. All-in-all I'd say that South Africa (right now) is a great place to be a vaper :rock:

When you get to this side, we have a very active vaping community in JHB and have vape meets on regular basis - you are most welcome to join us to get the lay of the land, or just make some friends :D

Enjoy the forum

Yo!!!
New member here. Also looking to get the kangertech subox mini kit.

Last edited:
Welcome @yazo

Time to get serious :p

The Subox looks like it is going to be a fantastic kit, can't wait to get my paws on it - they should be arriving on our shores very soon ;)

Enjoy the forum

Welcome @yazo

Time to get serious :p

The Subox looks like it is going to be a fantastic kit, can't wait to get my paws on it - they should be arriving on our shores very soon ;)

Enjoy the forum

Haha I agree!
Cant wait for it to get here.

Last edited:
Greetings All !!!:sunglasses:
Forum noob by the name yazo here. Been vaping not very seriously for about 18 months now. Looking to get a decent VW mod in the near future, most probably the kangertech subox mini kit.
Looking forward to spending some good time here :D
Most welcome. Seems you are about to get serious - great stuff. That subox mini kit looks rad. Happy vaping.

Back