Introduce Yourselves:

Welcome @NOOBVAPER - you are at the right place!
A year is a long time in vaping. Not many people can claim a year under their belt ;-)
Enjoy the forum

So, could anyone take a look at my photo? It seems I know very little about these things. :confused:

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Hello all!
I've been smoking eciggies for around a year now! It's been amazing!

Gone through the stages of ecigs and hope to find the perfect one soon!!

Ecigs for the win!!
Most welcome. May I be so bold as to ask why you have decided on the name "NOOBVAPER"? At a year of vaping you are one of the most experienced vapers on this forum. If you do feel to change it, just PM me and it can be arranged. Enjoy the forum and happy vaping.

So, could anyone take a look at my photo? It seems I know very little about these things. :confused:

I looked at it and do not have the foggiest - looks like a battery with an old style atomizer on top. Maybe someone else can help better.

Hi @Poplap, I don't know what that device is
Hard to tell from the photo - looks a bit like a cig-alike.
Are you asking how to use it?
Where did you buy it?
How did they say you must refill it with the liquid?

@Poplap, if money's tight I'd suggest approaching one of the resellers regarding a starter kit. Much like a @VapeKing starter kit or such.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi, I haven't a clue. Thank you Matthee. Silver, I'm currently in Taiwan and bought it at a night market yesterday. They don't speak English here, so it's a lost cause to try and ask. I know, I should've done research before purchasing. But I am stuck with it now and I 'd like to try it. But I'm not sure how it works. I charged it today, assembled all the parts and puffed on it. It seemed like it worked okay. Though I'm unsure of where and how to put the liquid in. Plus, I Googled it this afternoon and all I found were articles about how these things have blown up in people's faces. :eek: So, of course, now I'm pretty scared to use it. If you want, I could try and take some more photos?

Thanks crack2483, if I don't come right with this one I'll have to purchase a new one. Where's the best place? Perhaps online.

@Poplap That looks a bit like a clone of the Joyetech eroll. The best place to start would probably be to google online (& brick & mortar) stores close to where you are
fENMPOR1_zpsdcef934e.jpg

Thanks, I 'll keep that in mind. Yes, I 'll be staying here for the next 2 years.

Thanks Jimmy
So, does this mean I can't use it at all? Is it unsafe for some reason?.

Thanks Jimmy

I really couldn't give you a definite yes or no answer, but I wouldn't trust anything bought at a flea market. They're usually of a poorer quality than one of the brand names, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll explode while charging or while you're using it.

Most welcome. May I be so bold as to ask why you have decided on the name "NOOBVAPER"? At a year of vaping you are one of the most experienced vapers on this forum. If you do feel to change it, just PM me and it can be arranged. Enjoy the forum and happy vaping.
Hello there!
Yes I know the name may be controversial!

But I feel like I have so much to learn!

I've used one device the entire time (twisp)
And I really feel like I am an amature!

Thank you! Maybe In a while I shall!

Thanks once again everyone!

Hello there!
Yes I know the name may be controversial!

But I feel like I have so much to learn!

I've used one device the entire time (twisp)
And I really feel like I am an amature!

Thank you! Maybe In a while I shall!

Thanks once again everyone!
As long as you are ok, I am ok...

Thanks Jimmy

Hi @Poplap you got me totally stumped as to what the particular ecig is. As others have said, it seems to be a clone of some type.

Yes there is always a need to be cautious of eliquid and batteries. Incidents can and do happen, almost always because the user has done something they were not supposed to, by being negligent or abusing the device or not following instructions.

Its been a while since I played with the old fashioned atomiser cartridges.

poplap.JPG

Here goes anyway! Check the numbers and follow along with the text.

1. This is the charger, with USB connection. Connect to white two pin plug or computer to charge the battery (5). 5 will screw in to other end of USB connection. On the other end of the USB plug is the little black dongle where the battery screws in. See 2. (circled in the pic) that is the charging light. When you start charging the light is usually red, when charging is complete it usually goes green. Yours may be a little different in terms of colours, but you will need to work this out. Don't leave these flea market devices charging unattended, that is typically when the accidents happen. I suggest staying close to the device to keep an eye on 2. changing colour.

3. Is the atomiser. Basically there is a small piece of wire inside that gets electricity and heats up the liquid and produces vapour when you inhale. What you are going to work out is how to load the liquid inside 3. Usually the end of 3 comes out (NOT where 4 is, on the otherside). When you get 3 open you will usually see what looks like a cotton wool type of wadding. You load about 5-10 drops of liquid onto that stuff, which will then feed the wire and produce vapour.

5. Is the battery, and screws into 4.

6. Is loosely known as a condom. It protects 3, and more importantly stops eliquid from spilling out the end of three and into your pocket. You remove the condom when you use the device.

These devices are known as cig-a-likes. They have an autoswitch built into the battery. When you have assembled 3 with 5, and there is liquid inside 3 then it should automatically turn on when you inhale through the device. There is a tiny microswitch in the battery which will be activated by suction from your mouth.

When you suck the battery turns on, and the liquid becomes vapour, which you inhale. Usually the end of 5 will have an LED light which lights up when you suck on it, so you know that it is working.

Your biggest challenge now is to ensure that you can get liquid inside 3, and unfortunately I don't know what to recommend, other than the one I used when I first started was reloaded by removing the cap at the end of 3.

As I said first, there is always danger with any battery device, but if you are careful then you will be fine. The flea market models of ecigs are known to be unreliable, and will likely break down fairly quickly (week, 2 weeks maybe) but that should be enough to indicate to you if you prefer vaping to smoking.

The really good news is that the bulk of vaping products are sourced from the east, and you should be able to get stuff shipped to you from www.fasttech.com with the minimum of time delay, and almost zero shipping cost.

I hope everything above makes sense. Welcome to the forum, I hope you will call it home soon

Now, @Poplap, your next question should be: What to get from Fasttech? Here is a suggestion:
  1. Three Vision Spinner batteries. Two with tanks with e-liquid on top so that you can always alternate what you are vaping. We have all found it is easier if you have at least 2 flavours to vape on. The third is so that you always have a charged unit on hand in case one of those in use goes flat. Find this as a packet deal for $34.37 here.
  2. Two Mini Protank 3 cleoromizers. This is the best and latest on the market. Gives an awesome vape. Find them here at $6.92 each.
  3. Two packets of replacement coils for your clearomiser. Here they are at $8.16 per 5 pack.
  4. You need e-liquid. The Fasttech e-liquid is not recommended. Rather look for a vape shop or online store near you. They might even have the above-mentioned gear or similar.

Nice proposals @Matthee, the price of those PT3s could bring me to tears!

We pay 3 times that and then some.

Back