Introduce Yourselves:

What would be the top 10 or 5 brands when it comes to quality when buying e-cigs? Are the eCiggies good quality?

Should have done my homework better before buying but the sales guy made his brand seem like the cream of the crop.

Welcome to the forum @BeertjiePta
You are doing a great thing indeed. And hope you enjoy your stay here. We have a great place.
I see most of your questions have been answered. An idea may be to come to the JHB vape meet on the 14th of june. There you will be able to see lots of gear in one place and get advice from more experienced vapers.
All the best with your vaping journey

Hi There!

My name is Shawn, I have been vaping for a couple of months now and have already started getting into the mod scene :) I have a Magoo and am loving it! I really want to get a Russian 91% though so BADLY!

Oh and I am a junior software developer

Welcome @Shawn Brewis
Congrats on your vaping and hope you enjoy the forum. We have a great place here.
I know @Cape vaping supplies was offering a good deal on an authentic Russian 91%. I suggest get in ccontact with him.

Hi
My name is Leigh, I started vaping about 3 months ago and I started my vaping journey off with a twisp. Have to say that I really enjoy my twisp =D... I bought a kangertech aerotank about a month ago and I have combined that with a vision spinner 2, but with all honesty I have to say that I still prefer the twisp ;) . Any advice on a vaping setup that will be better than a twisp (produce more vapour and better taste)?

Welcome @LJRanger
Hope you enjoy the forum. This is a great place

I too started on Twisp and I also have some experience with the Kanger tanks and Vision Spinner batteries. Not the Aerotank though and not the Spinner 2 just the spinner 1.

As for your inquiry, may I ask you the following:
1) what juices are you trying in the Twisp vs your Aerotank setup ?
2) what coil resistance is in your Aerotank and what voltage are you using on the Vision Spinner 2?
3) what is it you prefer about the Twisp? Try describe what it is you prefer over the Kanger/Vision vape

Then I may be able to help you out

One last noob question then I will move on to being an apprentice vaper. Can any atomizer work with any battery etc as long as the thread is the same?

And what do you mean by modding? I think it doesn't just mean mixing parts from different brands together or is that what it means.

Thanks for all the help so far guys.

Welcome @Shawn Brewis and @LJRanger. good choice on wanting a Russian Shawn and Leigh, if you not happy with the aerotank you should possibly consider the Nautilus tank. Although it could possibly be the juice or the voltage you vaping at?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Welcome @LJRanger
Hope you enjoy the forum. This is a great place

I too started on Twisp and I also have some experience with the Kanger tanks and Vision Spinner batteries. Not the Aerotank though and not the Spinner 2 just the spinner 1.

As for your inquiry, may I ask you the following:
1) what juices are you trying in the Twisp vs your Aerotank setup ?
2) what coil resistance is in your Aerotank and what voltage are you using on the Vision Spinner 2?
3) what is it you prefer about the Twisp? Try describe what it is you prefer over the Kanger/Vision vape

Then I may be able to help you out

Thanks for the warm welcomes :) ... @crack2483 I have tried Liqua liquids, eciggies brand liquid and then I mostly use the twisp liquids I have tried different voltages from 3.3V-4.8V.
@Silver I've tried the liqua, eciggies and twisp liquids in both setups. Im using a 2 ohm and voltages from 3.3V-4.8V. I het a better more fulfilling "hit" from the twisp and it produces a lot more vapour and taste. Could it be that I just haven't tried the right juice in the Aerotank ?

Thanks for the warm welcomes :) ... @crack2483 I have tried Liqua liquids, eciggies brand liquid and then I mostly use the twisp liquids I have tried different voltages from 3.3V-4.8V.
@Silver I've tried the liqua, eciggies and twisp liquids in both setups. Im using a 2 ohm and voltages from 3.3V-4.8V. I het a better more fulfilling "hit" from the twisp and it produces a lot more vapour and taste. Could it be that I just haven't tried the right juice in the Aerotank ?

Strange, I've never used a twisp so maybe @Silver can answer more appropriately then.

One last noob question then I will move on to being an apprentice vaper. Can any atomizer work with any battery etc as long as the thread is the same?

And what do you mean by modding? I think it doesn't just mean mixing parts from different brands together or is that what it means.

Thanks for all the help so far guys.
Yes to the thread question if you are referring to commercial tanks - with some exceptions. For RBAs (rebuildable atomizers - where you build your own coil and do your own wicking), most will also fit, but here there are several safety factors coming into consideration. Modding mostly refers to building your own coils and doing your own wicking. Read this thread: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/e-cig-quick-start-guide.796/

Try some juices from www.vapourmountain.co.za.

That is quite strange @LJRanger. While I haven't tried the Aerotank myself or the Spinner 2, I would safely say this combination should provide for more of a "hit" than the Twisp. The Aerotank and the Spinner 2 are highly regarded. Have you changed coils in the Aerotank? Maybe its a dud coil. What airflow setting do you have it on? Wide open or quite tight? I suggest trying to make it roughly the same tightness as the Twisp to compare.

What I found is that Twisp juices work best in the Twisp device and non-Twisp juices don't generally taste as good in the Twisp device. I cannot figure out why exactly but my feeling is that the Twisp hardware and fixed voltage is matched nicely with their coils and liquids. I also found the opposite of you - that the Twisp, although their juices are good, didnt give me enough of a hit. I found a better vaping experience on the humble mini Protank 2 - and later recoiled it and found even better performance - way above a Twisp.

What I did find about the Twisp juices on the Twisp device was that I quite liked the tightish draw and their juices have a texture that is fairly unique. Its not coarse but not very smoothe either. Somewhere in the middle. As if there are small particles in there that you can feel in the throat. That may be the reason why you perceive a better hit. Also, the Twisp is a top coil device whereas the Aerotank is a bottom coil. Top coils tend to give a slightly warmer vape.

Interestingly, no offence to Liqua or Eciggies branded juices but I did not find much joy with either.

I suggest getting a few samples from Vapour Mountain (you can order 10ml samples from their website) and then trying them out on both your setups again. Also replace the coil on the Aerotank to make sure and try set it to a similar tightness as the Twisp.

Other than that - not sure what else to suggest with your current equipment.

In any event, if you are finding happiness with the Twisp at the moment, then enjoy it - as long as it keeps you off the stinkies !

Hi guys. Im new to the forum hoping to stop smoking the bad stuff and swtich over to some good smoke. Just orderd my first vape king starter kit.

Hi guys. Im new to the forum hoping to stop smoking the bad stuff and swtich over to some good smoke. Just orderd my first vape king starter kit.

Welcome to the Vaping world, and to the forum. Enjoy and vape on

Welcome @Julian congrats on starting your vaping journey and say goodbye to stinkies.

That is quite strange @LJRanger. While I haven't tried the Aerotank myself or the Spinner 2, I would safely say this combination should provide for more of a "hit" than the Twisp. The Aerotank and the Spinner 2 are highly regarded. Have you changed coils in the Aerotank? Maybe its a dud coil. What airflow setting do you have it on? Wide open or quite tight? I suggest trying to make it roughly the same tightness as the Twisp to compare.

What I found is that Twisp juices work best in the Twisp device and non-Twisp juices don't generally taste as good in the Twisp device. I cannot figure out why exactly but my feeling is that the Twisp hardware and fixed voltage is matched nicely with their coils and liquids. I also found the opposite of you - that the Twisp, although their juices are good, didnt give me enough of a hit. I found a better vaping experience on the humble mini Protank 2 - and later recoiled it and found even better performance - way above a Twisp.

What I did find about the Twisp juices on the Twisp device was that I quite liked the tightish draw and their juices have a texture that is fairly unique. Its not coarse but not very smoothe either. Somewhere in the middle. As if there are small particles in there that you can feel in the throat. That may be the reason why you perceive a better hit. Also, the Twisp is a top coil device whereas the Aerotank is a bottom coil. Top coils tend to give a slightly warmer vape.

Interestingly, no offence to Liqua or Eciggies branded juices but I did not find much joy with either.

I suggest getting a few samples from Vapour Mountain (you can order 10ml samples from their website) and then trying them out on both your setups again. Also replace the coil on the Aerotank to make sure and try set it to a similar tightness as the Twisp.

Other than that - not sure what else to suggest with your current equipment.

In any event, if you are finding happiness with the Twisp at the moment, then enjoy it - as long as it keeps you off the stinkies !

Thanks for the advice i'll definitely swap out my my coil on the aerotank and I am planning on buying some vapour mountain juices as soon as possible. I really didnt enjoy any of the Liqua juices or any of the Eciggies juices no offence to either brand/supplier. @Silver thanks for all that info and for your input :)... This really is a great site with a lot of friendly and informative people thanks to all ;)

Welcome to the forum @Julian and best of luck on your vaping journey, have fun with it and don't be scared to try all the different flavour juices :rock:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum. Still trying to get off the stinkies. I have tried Twisp and Greensmoke and unfortunately ordered a kit 2 days ago before discovering the forum. Who knew that I should have got a variable voltage battery. Oh well, I am learning...

Back