Introduce Yourselves:

Hi to all on the group my name is Hakeem I'm from Port Elizabeth, I'm new to the whole vaping game. Been vaping for roughly 4 months now. I started off with a Ego V2, has moved on to a Justfog Maxi since then. Yesterday has been my second month since my last puff on a analog, looking forward to read, learn and share valuable info on the forum, regarding vaping.

Welcome @Cloud 9
Congrats on your switch to vaping and 2 months stinkie free
Hope you enjoy the forum. We have a great place here.

Hi, my names Gareth and Iv been tobacco free for 6 months now.... :)

I started with the Twisp but am now onto an eVic.
After seeing the prices of twisps e-liquids, I decided to make my own.
I have an extensive background in chemicals and pharmacology so I have the skills.
Iv also started a website to sell my flavours!

Loving the whole thing, especially the no coughing in the morning :DDD

G:)

Hi to all on the group my name is Hakeem I'm from Port Elizabeth, I'm new to the whole vaping game. Been vaping for roughly 4 months now. I started off with a Ego V2, has moved on to a Justfog Maxi since then. Yesterday has been my second month since my last puff on a analog, looking forward to read, learn and share valuable info on the forum, regarding vaping.
Most welcome. Congrats on our second month stinky free, you are on your way. Happy vaping.

Hi, my names Gareth and Iv been tobacco free for 6 months now.... :)

I started with the Twisp but am now onto an eVic.
After seeing the prices of twisps e-liquids, I decided to make my own.
I have an extensive background in chemicals and pharmacology so I have the skills.
Iv also started a website to sell my flavours!

Loving the whole thing, especially the no coughing in the morning :DDD

G:)
Most welcome. 6 months is a great achievement, congrats. If you want to promote your juices on the forum you have to register as a reseller. As a reseller you will get your own forum to play and promote in. If interested PM me with your particulars. If you just want to a member, please remove the web site address from you signature. Happy vaping.

Hi Andre

I sent an email to request becoming a retailer this morning already :)
I own and run sadrones.co.za and am very particular about following forum rules :)

I will send you a PM now.

Gareth

Welcome to the forum @AtomicFruit
Congrats on your switch to vaping.
Hope you enjoy your stay here - we have a great place

Probably time I introduced myself, Hi, my name is Steve and I am a vaper.

I hail from a freezing cold and miserable, (currently), Cape Town, have been watching the forum for a while and recently decided to join.

A little different to most, I was a smoker for 22 years and gave up 6 years ago. Only been vaping for about 6 months.

My current daily vape is provided by an MVP, topped with an Aerotank Mega, and for me both are pretty close to perfect, as with this setup, both the power and the airflow are adjustable at any given time. Still on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of power though, don’t venture much past 9W.
Looking forward to contributing, looks like a great place.

welcome to the forum @Arctus, well done on your long stinkie free journey, if i may ask... after that long time of not smoking, what made you decide to pick up vaping gear 6 months ago? oh and by the way, you have a rocking setup!!!! also loving the MVP and aerotank combination, as well as mpt3 and MVP combination, those are my 2 setups :)

Hi everyone.
I live in Edenvale and develop software.
I've been "lurking" around the forum for the past 3 week or so. I've been trying to get of "stinkies" for a while now but never managed to do so. During my last attempt I decided to give the whole ecig thing another try, I tried it before but the kit that I bought from the little shop on the corner was absolutely rubbish, darn thing was always flat or spitting juice in my mouth (that doesn't sound good), or leaking or something. I went to Vapeking and got an MVP 2, and after three cigarette free weeks I'm loving this. Now my only concern is how on earth will I ever leave the vaping, but my main concern at the moment is to not smoke, will worry about the rest later.
I'm still not sure if vaping is healthy but I feel 100 times better than I did while smoking.
Well that's me in a nutshell, I'm sure you'll see me around.

Hi everyone.
I live in Edenvale and develop software.
I've been "lurking" around the forum for the past 3 week or so. I've been trying to get of "stinkies" for a while now but never managed to do so. During my last attempt I decided to give the whole ecig thing another try, I tried it before but the kit that I bought from the little shop on the corner was absolutely rubbish, darn thing was always flat or spitting juice in my mouth (that doesn't sound good), or leaking or something. I went to Vapeking and got an MVP 2, and after three cigarette free weeks I'm loving this. Now my only concern is how on earth will I ever leave the vaping, but my main concern at the moment is to not smoke, will worry about the rest later.
I'm still not sure if vaping is healthy but I feel 100 times better than I did while smoking.
Well that's me in a nutshell, I'm sure you'll see me around.
Most welcome to the forum. Well done on the 3 weeks. That MVP does not go flat quickly that is for sure. What atomizer are you using on the MVP? Happy vaping.

Most welcome to the forum. Well done on the 3 weeks. That MVP does not go flat quickly that is for sure. What atomizer are you using on the MVP? Happy vaping.
Hi Andre. I have 3 I Clear 16 D's and one Mini Protank 3, can't decide witch I like better, the Protank mini has a nicer draw, but I will have to replace the driptip, I'm not a huge fan of the cold metal against my lips and it's a pain to refill it.

Thanks Metal Liz,
It was a personal decision that I took for myself, after I had been diagnosed with, and suffered Ulcerative Colitis for a while.

(Disclaimer: My decisions are based on my own personal life choices for myself, and no-one should interpret anything I state here as being medical fact, or that vaping is a form of treatment for anything, anywhere, under any circumstances, for anyone)

OK, now that that’s out of the way let me continue, I won’t go into details about Ulcerative Colitis, (It’s not pleasant), basically it’s a disease where ulcers develop in your colon/large intestine. After being on treatment for 6 months and still being in constant pain, I started scouring the web for answers.
Interestingly enough I discovered Ulcerative Colitis to be commonly known as an “ex-smokers disease”, apparently it’s more prevalent in ex-smokers than never-smokers and smokers. (This does not mean that all ex-smokers will get it, many ex-smokers have no idea what it is, and never will know)
I further discovered that apparently nicotine has a protective effect on the body’s mucous linings and membranes. Many doctors, apparently recommend either nicotine patch therapy or short term smoking just to get it under control and then back to medication.

Then late one night I stumbled across this article, (take into account that it’s a web news article and could be hyped): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...smoking.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-mailonline
The details seemed to confirm other articles I had read on the subject, so I thought to myself, OK, back to smoking it is…, and then I glanced across the table at my wife’s ego style battery with a Justfog 1453 on it and thought, I wonder…

I grabbed it and sat there sucking away on it, waiting for the miracle to happen, but besides going as cross-eyed as a High School teenager on his first cigarette, nothing much happened, Oh and the nicotine headache, that wasn’t pleasant.
Next morning I woke up and went about my business as usual, and about half way through the morning suddenly realised that I wasn’t in the usual amount of pain, just a slight nagging reminder, so at every opportunity I grabbed the wife’s vapestick as I called it, and gradually over a week or two the pain subsided completely. (Note: I was still on medication as well at this stage)
Shortly after that I bought my own vapestick, and over time, I gradually became less cross-eyed and the nicotine headaches subsided as well, (I was on 18mg juice from day one, in hindsight, that was probably a little high for a non-smoker to start with), I eventually stopped the medication as well. After informing my doctor that I was vaping, he was horrified, and told me that inhaling the “oils” in “those things” were worse than cigarette smoking.

So I did a lot of homework on the contents of ejuice and decided that his information was probably out of date, and as I said to him, that for me, quality of life was more important than quantity.

So here I am today still vaping away and probably will be for the rest of my life :)

great to hear that vaping has made you feel alot healthier! I have been vaping for over a month and can say that i have never felt better!! Today i got in a rental car that had been smoked in and almost puked from the smell!!

Thanks Metal Liz,
It was a personal decision that I took for myself, after I had been diagnosed with, and suffered Ulcerative Colitis for a while.

(Disclaimer: My decisions are based on my own personal life choices for myself, and no-one should interpret anything I state here as being medical fact, or that vaping is a form of treatment for anything, anywhere, under any circumstances, for anyone)

OK, now that that’s out of the way let me continue, I won’t go into details about Ulcerative Colitis, (It’s not pleasant), basically it’s a disease where ulcers develop in your colon/large intestine. After being on treatment for 6 months and still being in constant pain, I started scouring the web for answers.
Interestingly enough I discovered Ulcerative Colitis to be commonly known as an “ex-smokers disease”, apparently it’s more prevalent in ex-smokers than never-smokers and smokers. (This does not mean that all ex-smokers will get it, many ex-smokers have no idea what it is, and never will know)
I further discovered that apparently nicotine has a protective effect on the body’s mucous linings and membranes. Many doctors, apparently recommend either nicotine patch therapy or short term smoking just to get it under control and then back to medication.

Then late one night I stumbled across this article, (take into account that it’s a web news article and could be hyped): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...smoking.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-mailonline
The details seemed to confirm other articles I had read on the subject, so I thought to myself, OK, back to smoking it is…, and then I glanced across the table at my wife’s ego style battery with a Justfog 1453 on it and thought, I wonder…

I grabbed it and sat there sucking away on it, waiting for the miracle to happen, but besides going as cross-eyed as a High School teenager on his first cigarette, nothing much happened, Oh and the nicotine headache, that wasn’t pleasant.
Next morning I woke up and went about my business as usual, and about half way through the morning suddenly realised that I wasn’t in the usual amount of pain, just a slight nagging reminder, so at every opportunity I grabbed the wife’s vapestick as I called it, and gradually over a week or two the pain subsided completely. (Note: I was still on medication as well at this stage)
Shortly after that I bought my own vapestick, and over time, I gradually became less cross-eyed and the nicotine headaches subsided as well, (I was on 18mg juice from day one, in hindsight, that was probably a little high for a non-smoker to start with), I eventually stopped the medication as well. After informing my doctor that I was vaping, he was horrified, and told me that inhaling the “oils” in “those things” were worse than cigarette smoking.

So I did a lot of homework on the contents of ejuice and decided that his information was probably out of date, and as I said to him, that for me, quality of life was more important than quantity.

So here I am today still vaping away and probably will be for the rest of my life :)
Thank you for clearing that up, I was also wondering. I actually also researched this some time ago but relating to Chron's disease and found it interesting that nicotine is an accepted therapy for Ulcerative Colitis. Most welcome to the forum and happy vaping.

Thanks Metal Liz,

wow, thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us! i'm so happy that vaping has sorted your problem out for you and have you living a healthier and painfree life!!! you rock for taking the step and picking up your wife's vapestick, instead of driving down to the shop and buying those dreaded stinkies again :rock: Happy vaping and I look forward to seeing your input on the forum and following your vaping adventures :party:

wow, thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us! i'm so happy that vaping has sorted your problem out for you and have you living a healthier and painfree life!!! you rock for taking the step and picking up your wife's vapestick, instead of driving down to the shop and buying those dreaded stinkies again :rock: Happy vaping and I look forward to seeing your input on the forum and following your vaping adventures :party:

I think he knows that had he come home with a box of stinkies then, he would have been in a world of trouble for sure :devil:

Hello everybody!

My name is Ricardo. I am 27 and have been sucking on stinky sticks since I was 17.

I cant believe I have been missing out for so many years to the joys of vaping. It offers so much interms of a diversion from rugular cigs, the gizmos, the juices, the forum etc.

So I stopped smoking 3 weeks ago with a Chinese-lung-friend-evod knock off thingy, keept me going for a while (cant thank it enought actually) but fortunately I decided to take a plunge down the rabbit hole and I am now a proud owner of an MVP with a mini protank 2 and have been chomping on some vape elixir juices. Very chuffed so far!

Only problem with vaping so far is the lack of funding...

Welcome to the forum @Ricgt, well done on your 3 week stinkie free vaping journey!!! :rock:

sent from a MVP happy cloud

Welcome to the forum @Ricgt, well done on your 3 week stinkie free vaping journey!!! :rock:

Shot!

Yip its official, I am in love with the MVP. 796 toots since my last charge and she's still in the green:D

I love the MVP, it's a great setup!!! :rock:

Hello everybody!

My name is Ricardo. I am 27 and have been sucking on stinky sticks since I was 17.

I cant believe I have been missing out for so many years to the joys of vaping. It offers so much interms of a diversion from rugular cigs, the gizmos, the juices, the forum etc.

So I stopped smoking 3 weeks ago with a Chinese-lung-friend-evod knock off thingy, keept me going for a while (cant thank it enought actually) but fortunately I decided to take a plunge down the rabbit hole and I am now a proud owner of an MVP with a mini protank 2 and have been chomping on some vape elixir juices. Very chuffed so far!

Only problem with vaping so far is the lack of funding...
Most welcome to the forum. Think your location is in KZN. Vapers there are not very good at organising:), but they are trying for a vape meet. Check out this thead: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/kzn-vape-meet.2996/unread
Happy vaping.

Back