Is local lekker?

Have only been DIY for 2 months now, before that only had 3 different ready mixes from 3 different vendors. I find it best to stick to one local supplier for DIY concentrates for the simple reasons "it's cheaper" and if I want to make a quick change in my order or an add on, it's a phone call away. I want to use Valley Vapour as my example: by 10 concentrates and get 10% off, by 25 and get 15%, buy 50 and get 20% off, a quick email to them on short notice and they changed my order to suite my fancy, really exceptional service. Now I've bought from two other vendors just because Valley didn't had all my required flavours at a stage, Vapowave and Black vapour, both off them exceptional e-service in my opinion. But yes taste is objective and after all I vote for Spydro's approach, to find your own creations, this way you find the notes in each of your concentrates according your own taste buds.
To me Local is lekker, and the more I buy local the stronger they get and cheaper they'll be able to supply.:) Now I expect the local suppliers to stand up and come with an announcement that they''l all have initiatives in order to support us, bring it on what do we get for keeping our business local !!;) Get competitive pricing wise, look after us and we''ll support you even more.:dogpile:
I forgot to mention, the more you buy the more points you get, Valley Vapour:
100 points equals R1, so this works out to be 5% points back with every purchase. Sooo above the % off for 10-50 concentrates you buy, there is this little ticker that counts up on your profile for an extra 5% saving, this brings a R60 purchase, if you buy 50 down to R45, and that's worth it for a quality product.

To me Local is lekker, and the more I buy local the stronger they get and cheaper they'll be able to supply.:) Now I expect the local suppliers to stand up and come with an announcement that they''l all have initiatives in order to support us, bring it on what do we get for keeping our business local !!;) Get competitive pricing wise, look after us and we''ll support you even more.:dogpile:

Amen!!

Wow, I am seriously impressed. Ordered some local flavours from Clyrolinx first thing this morning, courier arrived at 14:45. Now to make me some Malva Pudding and Custard, mmmm.

Wow, I am seriously impressed. Ordered some local flavours from Clyrolinx first thing this morning, courier arrived at 14:45. Now to make me some Malva Pudding and Custard, mmmm.

For all that is holy please tell me if you mix up a good Malva Pudding. I am a huge fan

Same here! I ordered from Clyrolinx yesterday morning and got it at 14h00!! I also got Malva Pudding (and about 20 others...:rolleyes:) The carrot cake smells amazing!!

After a few e-mails between myself and Geoff the owner, I went to meet with Geoff at Clyrolinx this morning and spoke at length about this thread and the concerns raised here. I had the opportunity to sample all of the flavours and boy, was I impressed!!

Geoff shared some cool insights and his views on the issues raised. Basically all his flavours are 100% legit, "designed" and manufactured locally, all food grade, all top quality ingredients, pure concentrates,etc. The flavours are NOT cut by PG which greatly adds to the flavour retention, etc.
The falvours are mostly mixed at a MAX of 3-5%, never more (3% is what he recommends) This compared to similar international product which calls for up to 15%!

When using recipes. use as previously recommended by GregF:
Generally use about half Clyrolinx is a good starting point. FA more like 1:1 or less Clyrolinx.

As per previous posts, the flavours are beautiful! The orange is pure orange - not some chemical concoction which tastes nasty... The mango smells and tastes like mango - same for the vanilla, chocolate, custard, mint, banana, pear, Jagermeister, Kahlua, etc, etc. This stuff is the business. Period.

I'll be mixing up some goodies tonight and report back, but for now:

I am converted = LOCAL IS LEKKER!

For all that is holy please tell me if you mix up a good Malva Pudding. I am a huge fan

I certainly shall. I am going to mix some up with Custard, then with Cream, I might even try a bit of French Vanilla or Marshmallow or Maple Syrup. Ooh, I'm feeling a bit peckish all of a sudden.

Geoff shared some cool insights and his views on the issues raised. Basically all his flavours are 100% legit, "designed" and manufactured locally, all food grade, all top quality ingredients, pure concentrates,etc.

Yes, when I saw Amarula, Buchu, Milk Tart and Malva among their flavours, I got the notion they were making their own rather than just importing and reselling. It's good to know that it's truly a Saffie product.

I'm very happy with their prices too. I never envisaged myself buying two litres of VG at a time. But at these prices, why not? The flavours are also very good value at the concentrations quoted. If they are 1:1 with Flavour Art, these 20ml bottles will go a long way.

Same here! I ordered from Clyrolinx yesterday morning and got it at 14h00!! I also got Malva Pudding (and about 20 others...:rolleyes:) The carrot cake smells amazing!!

After a few e-mails between myself and Geoff the owner, I went to meet with Geoff at Clyrolinx this morning and spoke at length about this thread and the concerns raised here. I had the opportunity to sample all of the flavours and boy, was I impressed!!

Geoff shared some cool insights and his views on the issues raised. Basically all his flavours are 100% legit, "designed" and manufactured locally, all food grade, all top quality ingredients, pure concentrates,etc. The flavours are NOT cut by PG which greatly adds to the flavour retention, etc.
The falvours are mostly mixed at a MAX of 3-5%, never more (3% is what he recommends) This compared to similar international product which calls for up to 15%!

When using recipes. use as previously recommended by GregF:
Generally use about half Clyrolinx is a good starting point. FA more like 1:1 or less Clyrolinx.

As per previous posts, the flavours are beautiful! The orange is pure orange - not some chemical concoction which tastes nasty... The mango smells and tastes like mango - same for the vanilla, chocolate, custard, mint, banana, pear, Jagermeister, Kahlua, etc, etc. This stuff is the business. Period.

I'll be mixing up some goodies tonight and report back, but for now:

I am converted = LOCAL IS LEKKER!
Thank you for the feedback. What do you mean "not cut by PG"? Most concentrates are dissolved in PG - how are these different? Just trying to get my head around it.

Thank you for the feedback. What do you mean "not cut by PG"? Most concentrates are dissolved in PG - how are these different? Just trying to get my head around it.

My understanding is that it's just the actual flavour volatiles, undiluted. Much like medicine flower.

Nice to have another on board.
I was going to mix that Malva/cream, malva/custard, malva/ice cream just never got around to it. Let me know how it turn out.

My understanding is that it's just the actual flavour volatiles, undiluted. Much like medicine flower.

Geoff reckons when using a recipe calculator then select the option "flavour 0 PG/VG"
He says there is a small amount of PG to carry the flavour but it can be negated.
My understanding is they are mixed with distilled water, I guess.

Geoff reckons when using a recipe calculator then select the option "flavour 0 PG/VG"
He says there is a small amount of PG to carry the flavour but it can be negated.

Will have to clarify with him, if so it's not exactly like some of the other "pure" concentrates that are not in a carrier.

Oh my, I do not want distilled water in my juices.

Lots of flavours contain water, it's nothing to worry about.

I agree, I would be worried about it causing spitting on the coil especially at 10%+ total flavor.

Have I got it wrong? I thought that is exactly the reason for steeping?

To let the carriers either blend or vaporate from the mixture?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Nah distilled water gets used all the time. People who are sensitive to PG use it as a substitute to dilute it a bit. I wouldn't worry about it. I am not sure about what is meant about this cut in PG though. I would have thought that a pure concentrate at 3% would be overkill. But alas I am no expert and will have to test myself first. A big up for finding out information though. More info = more power

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Very interesting. Thanks to all. I will keep an eye on this.

Made the Clyrolinx Malva pudding last night, did a 10 ml to test and just made another 50 this morning as it is do die for!
Reminiscent of traditional Malva pudding with some nice coconut notes at the end. Rich and rewarding I tell you!

3% Malva Pudding (Clyrolinx)
2% Vanilla Swirl (TFA)
70/30 vg/pg
3mg nic
Remember to select 0 or other pg/vg when doing recipe calc

Good as a shake and vape but I suspect it will smooth out nicely after 4 days or so.

I added 0.3% Clyrolinx apricot to the second batch as I felt it lacked that little something and oh boy, what a winner!

This is my new ADV for the foreseeable future...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like a winner, Rudi. I'll try it with Flavour Art Custard and 60:40 VG. HIC raves on and on about FA Custard being so authentic so it should be good with Malva. I'm wondering if a very small addition of some nut flavour or Acetyl Pyrazine might also help it? Unfortunately I don't have either atm but I'll keep it in mind for future experiments.

Moneymanvape and kyle, I ordered some FA flavours from BLCK the evening before, including the aforementioned Custard. The Courier Guy dropped off my Clyrolinx package and was reversing out the driveway when he stopped and hooted. I went out again to see what he wanted and he explained "Sorry, I forgot, I've got another package for you." Out came the BLCK package. Two vape mails from different companies with one Courier Guy. Chicken dinner!

My BLCK package also contained FA Tiramisu (my whole vape flavour cupboard smells of it now), Torrone, Hypnotic Mist, Labyrinth, Morning Sun, Cola, Forrest Mix, Metaphor, Espresso and Irish Cream. I'm going to be a very busy boy over the coming weeks. I only got Malva, Milk Tart and Cherry from Clyrolinx to start with, along with PG, VG and nic. But if they're good, I'll be getting many more.

Sounds like a winner, Rudi. I'll try it with Flavour Art Custard and 60:40 VG. HIC raves on and on about FA Custard being so authentic so it should be good with Malva. I'm wondering if a very small addition of some nut flavour or Acetyl Pyrazine might also help it? Unfortunately I don't have either atm but I'll keep it in mind for future experiments.

I have all of these so will make a batch and let you know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back