Is The Ego-ce4 Charger Compatible With A Twisp?

Hi @sPiKeY89

As far as I know it is, we had a customer come in and we tested on one of ours which is a CE5 Charger, but I am sure they are the same??

if the connection fits securely so that there is no sparking or anything, then yes the charger will work - (does the twisp use an ego thread?)

For an electronics standpoint, they are all made to charge Li-ion Batteries which all have a cutoff at 4.2 volts - the nicer ones have short circuit protection and some even have a heat cutoff

The only chargers I would stay away from are the generic rechargeable battery chargers you get at dischem and such - those batteries have much lower voltages

Thanks guys. Reason being, I had the EGO-CE4 but a mate of mine fried it by putting liquid in the centre. Went halfsies with a friend and got the twisp but they are out of stock on chargers. So now I have the old charger, just wanted to know if it will damage the twisp. Going to try it out.

It is exactley the same charger, i have bouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm charging my eGo-C Twists and my Twisp Batteries on the chargers that came with both devices no problem.

From an electronics point of view; they are all same "cheap-and-nasty-made-in-a-hell-of-a-hurry-in-china" opened up a few, same basic circuitry: 5Vin, 4.2V out with current limiting +/-400mA.

O forget to mention; all have 2 LEDs inside (Red & Green), Red LED on when battery voltage < 3.4V (thus charging) & Green LED on (Red off) 3.7 to 4.2V. I can post similar circuitry here or in the DIY forum for the mech-mod guys that wants to check there battery status.

O forget to mention; all have 2 LEDs inside (Red & Green), Red LED on when battery voltage < 3.4V (thus charging) & Green LED on (Red off) 3.7 to 4.2V. I can post similar circuitry here or in the DIY forum for the mech-mod guys that wants to check there battery status.
Not the foggiest what you are talking about, @johanct. But I do know there will be a huge demand on this forum for something like the picture below to measure our battery voltage;).
igYnygG.jpg

That is used for Lithium polymer batteries (will also work on Li-ion), on the bottom (white of display) it shows single cell up to 6 cell (marked 1S to 6S). So if you want to check your battery voltage you will connect battery minus to first pin (left with pins facing towards you) and battery positive connected to the second pin (as on your photoBatt.jpg ).

Like so:

View attachment 1470

Last edited:
That is used for Lithium polymer batteries (will also work on Li-ion), on the bottom (white of display) it shows single cell up to 6 cell (marked 1S to 6S). So if you want to check your battery voltage you will connect battery minus to first pin (left with pins facing towards you) and battery positive connected to the second pin (as on your photoView attachment 1471 ).

Like so:

View attachment 1470
Thanks for the explanation. Where can I buy a doohickey like that. Not the component parts (I will certainly bugger up the putting together), but the whole thing like in my picture. Just will be easier to check my batteries, than having to take out battery from Reo, take out battery from Vamo, put in Reo battery in Vamo, press button 5 times to power up, measure volts, take out battery from Vamo, put in Reo, put Vamo battery back......not even included all the screwing and unscrewing parts!!!! And I do not want a huge multimeter to do that job. Should also work on LiMn?

Thanks for the explanation. Where can I buy a doohickey like that. Not the component parts (I will certainly bugger up the putting together), but the whole thing like in my picture. Just will be easier to check my batteries, than having to take out battery from Reo, take out battery from Vamo, put in Reo battery in Vamo, press button 5 times to power up, measure volts, take out battery from Vamo, put in Reo, put Vamo battery back......not even included all the screwing and unscrewing parts!!!! And I do not want a huge multimeter to do that job. Should also work on LiMn?

doohickey? talking about display or the wires? (or both?). My suggestion will be to get the 510/ego connector (or whatever connects to your setup) and then any techie will be able to make it up for you.

And yes it will work on any battery even Li-mn:

Connection 1 & 2: Up to 4.25V
Connection 1 & 3: Up to 8.45V
Connection 1 & 4: Up to 12.65V
etc.

doohickey? talking about display or the wires? (or both?). My suggestion will be to get the 510/ego connector (or whatever connects to your setup) and then any techie will be able to make it up for you.

And yes it will work on any battery even Li-mn:

Connection 1 & 2: Up to 4.25V
Connection 1 & 3: Up to 8.45V
Connection 1 & 4: Up to 12.65V
etc.
Both together, like the one lying on top of all the plastic bags - all neat and tidy and swanky looking. And have been trying my best to get you to volunteer to make me (and a lot of other members I'm sure) one or two to buy:D! I use loose, rechargeable AW IMR batteries. Doohickey is just a generic name for the complete gadget.

Thanks, a new word for me to memorise (how the heck do you spell f#@ "memorise") :). @Matthee I've got 1 display and will make it up for you during the weekend. The display I bought out of curiosity during my last trip to China, but I've seen them on ebay as well.

Thanks, a new word for me to memorise (how the heck do you spell f#@ "memorise") :). @Matthee I've got 1 display and will make it up for you during the weekend. The display I bought out of curiosity during my last trip to China, but I've seen them on ebay as well.
Great, thanks. No hurry @johanct. And I insist to pay for your expertise, if you please. We can work it out via PM.

Its been a long, long time since I used a multimeter, but surely those handheld ones that you get fairly cheaply can measure voltage? And resistance for that matter? It also has two probes and a LCD screen. I don't think they are very expensive, surely they will do the job too? I recall someone somewhere in the forum mentioned you can get them for under R100. I may be wrong about the price though. Anyway, I am interested in getting one of those myself...

Its been a long, long time since I used a multimeter, but surely those handheld ones that you get fairly cheaply can measure voltage? And resistance for that matter? It also has two probes and a LCD screen. I don't think they are very expensive, surely they will do the job too? I recall someone somewhere in the forum mentioned you can get them for under R100. I may be wrong about the price though. Anyway, I am interested in getting one of those myself...
Certainly they can. I do have one somewhere in my 4x4 kit. But that is a big thing for a small job, especially when travelling.

Just found this on Communica's website
http://www.communica.co.za/Catalog/Details/P1400925579
This one is R125
Only problem I see for resistance is that its lowest scale is around the 200 ohm level. So not sure how accurate it will be when measuring coils at say 1.3 ohm versus say 1.5 ohm

They also have many other multimeters, some are very expensive. I assume the quality and the precision is the issue. I am not sure what quality or precision of multimeter we would require for vaping purposes. Perhaps the electronics experts can give us some advice here.

Certainly they can. I do have one somewhere in my 4x4 kit. But that is a big thing for a small job, especially when travelling.

I hear you on the travelling issue @Matthee.

Only thing to remember when using a multimeter with coil resistance, is first the put your two leads together and measure the lead resistance - then subtract that from your reading when you measure the coil

Thanks @Derick - do you think those cheaper multimeters are capable of reading the ohms we need for vaping?

Yep I have one from Chaimberlains - it was 99.99 and reads ohms just fine from 0.01 upwards

It looks pretty much exactly like the one below - you just put it on the lowest setting (the 200 means up to 200 Ohms) and it will read sub-ohm just fine

Problem with reading low ohms with a multimeter though is that it will depend on how hard you press the lead contacts to the coil wire - the harder you press, the better the connection and therefore less ohms - so it can be tricky

Much better to use a ecig Ohm meter

It works great for voltage though - but these days the nicer chargers will have an lcd display to tell you your voltage as well

3_cheap-meter.jpg

I suppose that's why the electronic mods have built in voltmeters and resistance checkers ;-)

Thanks for the tips on pressing the probes down onto the wire. I imagine this is probably a very difficult thing to do when the coil is mounted in the atomiser. LOL...

heh yep - you can get 10 different readings with 10 different tries

The newer ohm meters now have a voltage meter on them as well - also with a 510 connection - so you put the battery in your device and screw it in to get a voltage reading

Back