Is this a bad idea?

As long as you know what you are doing when it comes to any mech mods this should be fine

My logic is this... how much more "authentic" can a metal tube with threading actually get because let's face it it's not a complicated device.

But that's just my opinion, others will say it's dangerous because it's a clone and others will agree with me that it's just branding that was cloned.

think about it like this... if this very same mech had a different name will you still question whether it's safer than other mechs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you know what you are doing when it comes to any mech mods this should be fine

I understand the concept. Know ohms law have been building coils for my vw mods for a couple of months now. So I think I would get it right

On the tube mech mods, the positive of the battery shouldn't touch the mod at all.
Technically the negative shouldn't either except for the connection point.

Bottom line is that it is not a mod that explodes, it is a battery that explodes. If your battery is in a good condition it should be fine. The positive of the battery should only touch the positive post (usually/often gold plated) pin on the atomizer and the negative runs through the rest of the atty.

About clone or authentic, I can't say but if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't do it. It's not worth risking, the 1st priority about vaping is safety, always! The fact that you created this discussion means you're unsure so you're going to keep vaping flinching and twitching wondering if it's going to pop :-D:--P

On the tube mech mods, the positive of the battery shouldn't touch the mod at all.
Technically the negative shouldn't either except for the connection point.

Bottom line is that it is not a mod that explodes, it is a battery that explodes. If your battery is in a good condition it should be fine. The positive of the battery should only touch the positive post (usually/often gold plated) pin on the atomizer and the negative runs through the rest of the atty.

About clone or authentic, I can't say but if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't do it. It's not worth risking, the 1st priority about vaping is safety, always! The fact that you created this discussion means you're unsure so you're going to keep vaping flinching and twitching wondering if it's going to pop :-D:--P

Think I would be flinching and twitching even with a HE mech in the beginning until I see I am safe

Think I would be flinching and twitching even with a HE mech in the beginning until I see I am safe

If you don't feel comfortable, rather keep on vaping on regulated mods first, do some builds, etc.

I like mech mods but you can get some semi-mechanical mods which have protection or regulated mods with a mechanical/bypass mode to simulate the same thing, pulling current directly from the battery for a full, strong vape.

Hmm. I'm curious though - why do you want to use a mech?

Ooh, that is stunning in that green. See the atty comes with it. You should be more than fine. If you want to use another atty on it, just heed the many safety threads on here. And the battery threads. Go for it, and enjoy.

Thanx guys will get me one planning on getting a narda clone with it and a skyclone

Thanx guys will get me one planning on getting a narda clone with it and a skyclone

I would not use any RTA or RDTA on a hybrid mod like the one you want to get, if I understand you correctly.

See this post for more information. Here is a good picture.

I would not use any RTA or RDTA on a hybrid mod like the one you want to get, if I understand you correctly.

See this post for more information. Here is a good picture.

Nope it is for my vw mods. Just want to order it all from the same place together. The mech will be rda exlusive.

Nope it is for my vw mods. Just want to order it all from the same place together. The mech will be rda exlusive.

Ah, good. I was not sure - and thought "better safe than sorry".

Buy it if you can afford it, but if the threads are dodgy and things don't fit snugly just use it as a paperweight.

Sadly ordering from overseas is kinda like a lucky packet.

I saw a clone mod and really like the look and color. It is not too expensive but don't know if it is a bad idea and it might blow up on me. What is your opinion on this? Would it be okay owning one and vaping on it now and again. This would be my first mechanical if I buy one.

http://www.3fvape.com/mechanical-mo...da-green-aluminum-1-x-18650.html#.WXH95Ih96Hs
Hi @Amy that looks pretty good to me although I've bought clone mechs and the weak point usually is the button. For the price of the one pictured it may be a bit better quality. And if you really like this one perhaps a replacement button is a possibility if needed,I say go for it.

Have you checked out the Noisey Cricket 25 V2 ? I got one and it is very good.You can really scratch that mech itch as it goes full series or semi with plenty of safety features, plus it's fairly cheap.

Hi did have a look at thr noisey cricket doesnt look too bad. Maybe an option if I can't bag a green goblin

Looks great! I'm newish to mechs, don't be intimidated.

Follow the list of do’s and don’ts, have working knowledge of the Law of Online Calculators and know the limits of your gear (esp CD of the battery). Once you got that sorted just follow the rules, always leave headroom and remember when in doubt leave it out - until the forum mech-heads have their say.

Back