Is this a bad idea?

I got me a karma kit today from vape king. The only question I have is do you use the max fully charged voltage of 4.2 to work out ohms law or the rated voltage of the battery of 3.7? I put a 0.44 ohm build in it just to be safe but it doesnt hit hard or have a lot of flavour. It takes a while to ramp up. I know ohms law and my battery limit of 20 amps but not sure what voltage to use in the calculation to keep it safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I got me a karma kit today from vape king. The only question I have is do you use the max fully charged voltage of 4.2 to work out ohms law or the rated voltage of the battery of 3.7? I put a 0.44 ohm build in it just to be safe but it doesnt hit hard or have a lot of flavour. It takes a while to ramp up. I know ohms law and my battery limit of 20 amps but not sure what voltage to use in the calculation to keep it safe

I usually use 4V seeing as the voltage sags fairly quickly.
I use a 8 wrap 24G SS wire at 0.346 ohms and expect a 11A draw, it also takes a sec or 2 to warm up, fairly cool on the Pulse 22.

I usually use 4V seeing as the voltage sags fairly quickly.
I use a 8 wrap 24G SS wire at 0.346 ohms and expect a 11A draw, it also takes a sec or 2 to warm up, fairly cool on the Pulse 22.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I have changed my build now to a 0.36 ohm that would pull just a bit more than 11 amps. I must still get comfortable with the mod. I guess that will come with time. There is something special about using a mech.

Hi, have a look at Mooch's videos, especially the one where he is interviewed by the vaping biker on you tube.
After the info I got from there I have built much better coils.
If you are after good ramp up with decent clouds and flavour, get yourself a 22g ni80 wire by haywire and build 3mm with 8 wraps, that's how I started with my mech. I am now building slightly lower resistances, but that pushes the limits of the battery a bit so I would not recommend you go too low until you have some decent experience.

Don't take a chance with clone mods especially mechs there are some really good regulated clone mods like the billet box

Don't take a chance with clone mods especially mechs there are some really good regulated clone mods like the billet box

I own an sxk billet box. Got myself a petri and a karma mech.

Get the lg hb2 battery I got mine from sir vape and I can do very low builds like a 0.18

Oh well then u save if u have those batteries but yea just build above .2 to be safe

Voltage droop and all, lion batteries are designed to hang around 3.7v under load so that's where I usually calculate ohm load at.

Glad to see I'm not the only one scared of a vape blowing up on me lol

Back