iStick by EleafUS

I am loving the look of this little device, especially with a my mod preference favouring box mods and secondly my wife is even keen to try it because of its small size and longer battery life, which would be a big step forward. So can not wait to get my hands on this little device. Hopefully in stock soon.

I've just skimmed through all 9 pages and it seems people are generally quite happy with these devices, the only gripes are with delivery from the various places they're buying from. Am I missing something?

It is all about the power delivery. Seems it cannot really step down voltage with a fresh battery, People who vape below 4.2V might find it too hot. It is not kind to single coil heads, but ok with vertical coil and dual coils. On the higher side it seems to be limited to 5.5V. So on a higher ohm coil you will not get the promised 20W.

Depending on your resistance and with a fresh battery, the chart below gives you an indication. For example, if you have say a mAN with a 1.8 ohm BVC coil, it will vape at 10W (4.2V), whatever your setting. As your battery drains it will get closer and closer to your setting (if set lower than 10W/4.2V).

False marketing again.

0mIqds9.jpg

I've just skimmed through all 9 pages and it seems people are generally quite happy with these devices, the only gripes are with delivery from the various places they're buying from. Am I missing something?
I picked up on the people who are discussing the unit firing hot and burning juice,also the ability to regulate some of the settings.I guess we all read things differently.Theres also a thread on ECF with well over 2500 posts on this device also.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up @Andre. I'm not a numbers person but I think I understand it a bit better now, sort of.

@Genosmate I see what you're saying, I read that as folks trying to push the device too hard, making it do what it wasn't designed for. After all I think this is an entry level sort of device aimed at newcomers to VW. I kinda expect such a compact little thing to be limited, but it still appeals to me, wading through 2500 posts on ECF does not.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up @Andre. I'm not a numbers person but I think I understand it a bit better now, sort of.

@Genosmate I see what you're saying, I read that as folks trying to push the device too hard, making it do what it wasn't designed for. After all I think this is an entry level sort of device aimed at newcomers to VW. I kinda expect such a compact little thing to be limited, but it still appeals to me, wading through 2500 posts on ECF does not.
There seem to be some knowledgeable people on the vaping underground forum,I think the posts by aldenf in particular are very good.I can't say I understand it all but they are informative none the less.He seems to think newbies should perhaps steer clear of this,personally I would think that if you constantly vape burnt juice then you'll seek a solution and the more solutions you seek the more you learn.I agree 100% about wading thru the ECF posts,by the time you've done that the istick will be outdated.

@Andre - excuse my lack of understanding. In a nutshell does this mean your power range will be limited to what ohm coil you use?

Lol, not my field of knowledge at all, but in my limited understanding - yes, your range will be limited on a fresh battery. In practical terms, as I understand it, you sort have to choose a coil, which has a resistance corresponding to your preferred power. E.g., I like the mAN (1.8 ohm coil) at around 10 W. So the iStick will be perfect for me from start to finish. But HRH likes very low power, around 7W. She would have to use a coil with a resistance around 2.6 ohms, which is not available for a mAN or most commercial coils for that matter.

So the iStick has some limiting factors and will not be the device for all, and at odds with the manufacturer's specs.

So we learn.

But do note, this is my understanding. I could (and have been in the past) be totally wrong.

Lol, not my field of knowledge at all, but in my limited understanding - yes, your range will be limited on a fresh battery. In practical terms, as I understand it, you sort have to choose a coil, which has a resistance corresponding to your preferred power. E.g., I like the mAN (1.8 ohm coil) at around 10 W. So the iStick will be perfect for me from start to finish. But HRH likes very low power, around 7W. She would have to use a coil with a resistance around 2.6 ohms, which is not available for a mAN or most commercial coils for that matter.

So the iStick has some limiting factors and will not be the device for all, and at odds with the manufacturer's specs.

So we learn.

But do note, this is my understanding. I could (and have been in the past) be totally wrong.

You are connect Andre, with 1.8 Ohm coil + fully charged battery, you can regulate between 10 to 16W, and for your HRH she would need a coil resistance of minimum 2.6 Ohm.

@Andre Thank you.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I normally vape at 10watts, but my mAN coils are either 1,8 or 1,6. And then I build for my other tank - MPt3, so it could vary.

I like that with variable devices I can change it up as I feel the need.

If I wanted limited, I'd get a mechanical device.

You are connect Andre, with 1.8 Ohm coil + fully charged battery, you can regulate between 10 to 16W, and for your HRH she would need a coil resistance of minimum 2.6 Ohm.

Oh okay, so there is a bit of play with what you can do.

So it's limited, but not the end of the world.

Johan,that seems to be what they are saying,in that the vape is too hot with a fully charged battery (on some coils with certain juices) and it gets better as the battery goes down.Hence some comments that it might not be suited to newbies.

@Andre Thank you.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I normally vape at 10watts, but my mAN coils are either 1,8 or 1,6. And then I build for my other tank - MPt3, so it could vary.

I like that with variable devices I can change it up as I feel the need.

If I wanted limited, I'd get a mechanical device.
You can still change it up, down is the problem. And apparently (one or two comments I saw) it is too hot for single horizontal coils in commercial tanks, like your mPT3. Experience will tell.

Johan,that seems to be what they are saying,in that the vape is too hot with a fully charged battery (on some coils with certain juices) and it gets better as the battery goes down.Hence some comments that it might not be suited to newbies.

Yes agree, but it helps zero once the e-juice has already been cooked in a tank - so in essence it can't get better as the battery goes down, because cooked juice tastes k#k.

Yes agree, but it helps zero once the e-juice has already been cooked in a tank - so in essence it can't get better as the battery goes down, because cooked juice tastes k#k.
Sorry Johan,fully agree,it will get better but you will need to dump juice and maybe coils while you wait.If they were in SA for the equivalent of 30usd I might even give one a go:)

Sorry Johan,fully agree,it will get better but you will need to dump juice and maybe coils while you wait.If they were in SA for the equivalent of 30usd I might even give one a go:)

IMO a simple cheap mechanical device has less hassles.

IMO a simple cheap mechanical device has less hassles.
I agree, or for a new vaper a Spinner2 or MVP2 is much less complicated. I shall not be recommending the iStick for newbies anymore. Maybe version 2 will be better. Moral of the story - never get or recommend a device until it has proven itself.

Mmmmm and we were going to get some in. Will rethink that.

I agree, or for a new vaper a Spinner2 or MVP2 is much less complicated. I shall not be recommending the iStick for newbies anymore. Maybe version 2 will be better. Moral of the story - never get or recommend a device until it has proven itself.
I agree @Andre ! I'm going to remove my post from the sticky of yesterday.

I am still happy this thing has already sold in the truck loads.

It basically says you can get a 20watt variable device at $35-$45.
So it does make the MVP and Spinner look over priced.

I have and love both the Spinner and MVP, but I do think they're over-priced.

Vision and Innokin should either up their game with new models, or bring the price down on two of the most popular batteries.

Lol, thanks for all the comments @Andre, @Genosmate , @johan and others

I was really thinking of getting this but now am not so sure. I use single simple stock coils in my EVOD1 which may experience problems.

Lol, love it the way you have to select your coil carefully to get the power range you want
Its like a hybrid regulated mech!

I was really thinking of getting this but now am not so sure. I use single simple stock coils in my EVOD1 which may experience problems.

Lol, love it the way you have to select your coil carefully to get the power range you want
Its like a hybrid regulated mech!

this bothers me purely because I'm a single coil vaping kinda guy.....who doesn't like to waste juice:wondering:

this bothers me purely because I'm a single coil vaping kinda guy.....who doesn't like to waste juice:wondering:
One of the posters on vaping underground emailed Mr Busardo and apparently he's going to get busy with a review soon,maybe worth waiting

Ye if the local price is comparable to the Dollar price, I might give it a go, even if it's just for my mAN and office hours.

If it's not, I'll skip.

Last edited:
Back