I've been "branded"

Try pre-heating a soldering iron for some arb job outside, and while it's lying next to you on the ground, sitting down flat on your arse while supporting your full body weight on one arm with your hand palm right on said soldering iron's tip and shaft.
That one takes a while to heal... and I'm referring to the ego - the deep burn heals a bit quicker ;)

Twice now after swopping batteries, my Smok Bec Pro decided that 50W is the best power setting for me.
Needless to say, my Subtank Mini didn't like that setting very much. Neither did my tastebuds and/or lungs, as it's "unpossible" to do a quick recovery from a full blown, dry hit, lung inhale.
You might stop midway on the inhale as it's suddenly far hotter than you expected, but you only realize it's far too late while gagging on the tasty 'smoked sock' exhale.
I now do a quick 'test-fire' to check the display every time I swop batteries.

@BumbleBee, since you recently acquired one, take note ;)
That soldering iron incident sounds painful, and you tell it so well :) I've been bitten by those damn things so many times :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up on the Bec Pro, will keep an eye out for that. What I have noticed though is that it chews up an efest 2800 in a day (Bluetooth turned off) where my Subox takes 2 to 3 days. Both devices cut off at 3.48v.

Twice now after swopping batteries, my Smok Bec Pro decided that 50W is the best power setting for me.
Needless to say, my Subtank Mini didn't like that setting very much. Neither did my tastebuds and/or lungs, as it's "unpossible" to do a quick recovery from a full blown, dry hit, lung inhale.
You might stop midway on the inhale as it's suddenly far hotter than you expected, but you only realize it's far too late while gagging on the tasty 'smoked sock' exhale.
I now do a quick 'test-fire' to check the display every time I swop batteries.

@BumbleBee, since you recently acquired one, take note ;)

Same thing happened to me, while out testing a kangertech subtank, and with no knowlege of ohms or watts, i put the tank on my new mod i also aquired that same day a mear 20min before. I put the watts to about 30 and took a hit.....

I felt like i had just swallowed a whole cup of boiling hot coffee, straight from the kettle.

Turns out after investigating, that the ohms were hopping between 0.5ohm and 7.2ohm... on a 0.5ohm build....
The one thread was filled with gunk and the tank was shorting out, after opening it up and having to use 2 pliers, i could see the gunk "baked" on the thread from shorting....

It has put the fear into me as this has happened about 10-15 times now in the past 4 days... on the inhale, you think "Oh shit.. It's too late:worried: what must i do?" So you exhale and your gag reflexes kick in as this taste and god awfull feel comes out your mouth. But the more you close your through the worse it gets.:sick:

I have still not gone over 50watts coz of this.. i'm starting to question my 150W buy...:rain:

I have fired my sig150w at 150w with a fully charged set of batteries, while holding down the coils while tightening some screws.

Needless to say, I burnt like 3 fingers and made a mental note to LOCK my sig150 before attempting to adjust anything on the atty. Lesson learnt.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Decided to switch to my RBA coil on the Subtank Mini. This thread was in the back of my mind. lol. I made sure my battery was out of my Kbox when I was wicking and fiddling. On that note, I am definitely gonna get into coil building.

Decided to switch to my RBA coil on the Subtank Mini. This thread was in the back of my mind. lol. I made sure my battery was out of my Kbox when I was wicking and fiddling. On that note, I am definitely gonna get into coil building.
You should man! Its fun, you learn a lot, "hands-on" and you get to experience RDA's and the awesome flavour and vapour they produce. Highly recommend it!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Warning,

Dont try to put your wick in just after firing the coil :D
Also dont try to unscrew the atty too early after firing it a few times whilst building.

Sizzling experience.

Same thing happened to me, while out testing a kangertech subtank, and with no knowlege of ohms or watts, i put the tank on my new mod i also aquired that same day a mear 20min before. I put the watts to about 30 and took a hit.....

I felt like i had just swallowed a whole cup of boiling hot coffee, straight from the kettle.

Turns out after investigating, that the ohms were hopping between 0.5ohm and 7.2ohm... on a 0.5ohm build....
The one thread was filled with gunk and the tank was shorting out, after opening it up and having to use 2 pliers, i could see the gunk "baked" on the thread from shorting....

It has put the fear into me as this has happened about 10-15 times now in the past 4 days... on the inhale, you think "Oh shit.. It's too late:worried: what must i do?" So you exhale and your gag reflexes kick in as this taste and god awfull feel comes out your mouth. But the more you close your through the worse it gets.:sick:

I have still not gone over 50watts coz of this.. i'm starting to question my 150W buy...:rain:

I used to have a similar problem until I started tightening the post screws well. I would tighten the post screws, fire the coils and squeeze them and after I had fired the coils and I was happy I would check the screws again. Occasionally they would be loose.
This seemed to fix my jumping ohms problem.

I would also fire the coils in a pulsing manner to see if the ohms jumped after my build. This was an indication, to me anyways, that something was loose.

and in your finger, preferably not just under the fingernail. That's a bit owchy

I can beat that! 24G kanthal in the butt cheek! I was having a lazy day and lay on my bed while rebuilding my coils! Cut the legs and they shot in all directions and I get up to fetch the one I saw and as I sit back down one of the offcuts straight into the right cheek! But it was slightly bent and that is where my pain came from! And no I did not scream like a baby! Babies cannot produce the sounds waves I did on that day

gRTmCOD.jpg
What size rod is that?

@kev mac It looks more or less like a 14" rod, easily transported, together with enough kanthal for three coils, in a UD bag.

Back