Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

I have started this thread to help vapers by giving them ideas of juices to try - based on their preferences.

It's simple - if you know you like fruity vapes for example, post your preferences here and ask for advice. Hopefully the more experienced vapers who have had the opportunity of trying many juices can help you find something you will like - and perhaps something you may have overlooked.

Maybe you are looking for a strong tobacco juice - or a minty vape with a fruit in the background. Or maybe you are looking for something more specific like a cheesecake flavour ;-)

The E-Liquid reviews threads should be everyone's first port of call in this regard - but sometimes you just want to ask a simple question and get a few simple yet informed suggestions.

Hope it helps

I will kick this thread off with a question from @VapeJedi

In another thread, he asked a question about Fight your Fate and Derailed. Then went on to say he likes fruity flavours.

Iam e very new vaper...have used some of the local juices. Wana go to something more "high class" recommendations? I know this is subjective. Iam looking at fight your fate and derailed. Comments

Thus far i like fruity flavours. Have not really had dessert flavours.

@VapeJedi - I haven't vaped many international fruity ones - the international ones I have tried have mainly been tobaccoes and desserts.

There are definitely a few gems in the Vape Craving range (now available from VapeMob - previously SubOhmVapor)
My favourites in those were the Adventure and Desire flavours. Adventure was a Pina Colada type flavour and Desire is a guava/mango flavour. These are high VG juices that are smooth and are of great quality in my view. I have reviewed all these and you can check them out. (EDIT - I haven't tried their Ectsasy flavour - it wasnt available when I ordered my batch - but it sounds amazing - so check it out too)

I have also tried a few flavours from the Bombies range (Cloud Flavour). I haven't reviewed any yet - and am busy with one at the moment - but they are good quality too and you are bound to find one or two good ones there. They are mostly fruity ones and are also higher in VG - so very smooth and lots of clouds.

Five Pawns makes a flavour called Queenside. It's a blood Orange flavour with a bit of vanilla. Not everyone's taste - but I like it a lot and it's an extremely high quality juice in my view - as are all the 5Pawns. Available from eCiggies and VapeMob.

As for Kings Crown Fight your Fate - I have tasted it twice and I do love it. I bought a bottle of it but have not yet vaped it. Also high quality and personally I love that flavour - nice sour taste from the lemon with a bit of sweetness from the strawberry makes it a great combination for me - don't think you will go wrong with it. Sorry, can't advise you properly on Derailed - I have tasted it but I can't remember it. Available from VapeCartel and VapeKing.

All the best

Last edited:
Ah, @VapeJedi let me give you my experience. Fruity flavours have been the most difficult to get something worthwhile for me. Mostly because I am pernickety. Must not be too sweet, which eliminates many great dessert flavours (do like dessert juices too, but only for the occasional vape). Fruit must be natural tasting. I do not like the fruit juice to be creamy at all, which seems to be the fashion nowadays. Prefer light, coolish fruit vapes. So, here goes.

For uncomplicated fruity juices: VM Berry Blaze and CV Melon on the Rocks. The latter has some menthol as well.

For more complex juices: Bombies Black Out City brought to you by Cloud Flavour. Some coolness on the exhale, but more coolada than menthol. BOC is my current favourite. Nicoticket Betelgeuse brought to you by Juicy Joes. For a sugary citrus one with a kick Dr Stanley Clarke's Snake OIl by TMax is always in my rotation.

Did try Desire and Extacy from Vape Craving. The latter I did not like. The former is great, but again a creaminess, which is not my preference.

For me the only fruity juices I have managed to vape much are the Vapour Mountain Pineapple and the Strawberry.... and both of them I add a little Menthol to and they are awesome!

Ah, @VapeJedi let me give you my experience. Fruity flavours have been the most difficult to get something worthwhile for me. Mostly because I am pernickety. Must not be too sweet, which eliminates many great dessert flavours (do like dessert juices too, but only for the occasional vape). Fruit must be natural tasting. I do not like the fruit juice to be creamy at all, which seems to be the fashion nowadays. Prefer light, coolish fruit vapes. So, here goes.

For uncomplicated fruity juices: VM Berry Blaze and CV Melon on the Rocks. The latter has some menthol as well.

For more complex juices: Bombies Black Out City brought to you by Cloud Flavour. Some coolness on the exhale, but more coolada than menthol. BOC is my current favourite. Nicoticket Betelgeuse brought to you by Juicy Joes. For a sugary citrus one with a kick Dr Stanley Clarke's Snake OIl by TMax is always in my rotation.

Did try Desire and Extacy from Vape Craving. The latter I did not like. The former is great, but again a creaminess, which is not my preference.

Som good recommendations here, thanks :)

I too like some fruit flavours and am also not too keen on the creaminess - I've got a Vape Elixir Pink Spot which is strawberry milkshake and it's a bit too creamy..not bad, but not my favourite type - it still is quite nice every now and then though.

My current absolute favourite e-liquid is SkyBlue Strawberry Snap...it's a lovely strong strawberry flavour with just a tiny hint of mint to it. I went through 30ml of it and I couldn't vape anything else until I ran out :)

I am currently working my way through the SkyBlue sample pack, and although Apple it isn't really my flavour, the Apple Pi was an unexpected surpise...it's a really nice sweet & sour kinda vape which reminds me of Appletizer - I've only vaped 3ml of it, but it was surprisingly good.

BTW, does anyone know of any good coconut flavoured juice? I've only tried Vape King's Chocolate Coconut and while okay, it was too sweet for me - made a damn good mixer though.

Excellent thread.

I have a question. Are there any other juices available in SA that are similar to witchers Brew Blackbird? It is my number one, and I'm afraid the stocks i have wont last me till VApeMob gets stock of it again. I love that it is a strongish tobacco with some sweet (coniac) taste to it.

Looking in the top eliquid 2014 threads gives also an indication for what is liked :) ....oh, did i mention that u can vote while browsing there? :p

Thanks @Andre @Silver I have been in the search for a nice fruity vape and now I have some ideas of what to try

Awesome thread here. Will most certainly being keeping an eye on it and giving some feedback where I can. Hope to see it as a sticky real soon

Som good recommendations here, thanks :)

I too like some fruit flavours and am also not too keen on the creaminess - I've got a Vape Elixir Pink Spot which is strawberry milkshake and it's a bit too creamy..not bad, but not my favourite type - it still is quite nice every now and then though.

My current absolute favourite e-liquid is SkyBlue Strawberry Snap...it's a lovely strong strawberry flavour with just a tiny hint of mint to it. I went through 30ml of it and I couldn't vape anything else until I ran out :)

I am currently working my way through the SkyBlue sample pack, and although Apple it isn't really my flavour, the Apple Pi was an unexpected surpise...it's a really nice sweet & sour kinda vape which reminds me of Appletizer - I've only vaped 3ml of it, but it was surprisingly good.

BTW, does anyone know of any good coconut flavoured juice? I've only tried Vape King's Chocolate Coconut and while okay, it was too sweet for me - made a damn good mixer though.
Tark's Select Reserve Port Royal has great coconut layered into it. Also sweet though. Another option is to get some Coconut concentrate from Vapour Mountain and some drops to a joose or two. Like @Rob Fisher does to Menthol Ice to create Tropical Ice.

Excellent thread.

I have a question. Are there any other juices available in SA that are similar to witchers Brew Blackbird? It is my number one, and I'm afraid the stocks i have wont last me till VApeMob gets stock of it again. I love that it is a strongish tobacco with some sweet (coniac) taste to it.
Not that I know of, but do look at the tobaccos from Cloud Flavour, which should be landing on Tuesday - http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/cloud-flavour-presents-hurricane-vapor.6418/

Tark's Select Reserve Port Royal has great coconut layered into it. Also sweet though. Another option is to get some Coconut concentrate from Vapour Mountain and some drops to a joose or two. Like @Rob Fisher does to Menthol Ice to create Tropical Ice.

Thanks, that sounds like a marvelous idea...Tropical Ice sounds like a nice place to start too :)

Excellent thread.

Hi @Bonez007
Great question, Blackbird is one of my favourite juices of all time

I havent come across other tobaccoes that taste the same. There are some of the Tarks that are good in their own right but not the same type of taste. I also like bobas bounty but its very different. Although different as well, HHV Huntsman is a great tobacco that really does it for me. One or two of the other HHV tobaccoes are also excellent, like Dark Horse. But we await new stocks from Juicy Joes, so that may not help you.

Locally manufactured good quality tobaccoes seem not to be that common. I know some folk rave about the black cigar from Vape Elixir but I havent tried it myself yet....

Thanks guys,

Not that I know of, but do look at the tobaccos from Cloud Flavour, which should be landing on Tuesday - http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/cloud-flavour-presents-hurricane-vapor.6418/

Ooh I have my eye on some of these! I'm just waiting for them to land!

Hi @Bonez007
Great question, Blackbird is one of my favourite juices of all time

I havent come across other tobaccoes that taste the same. There are some of the Tarks that are good in their own right but not the same type of taste. I also like bobas bounty but its very different. Although different as well, HHV Huntsman is a great tobacco that really does it for me. One or two of the other HHV tobaccoes are also excellent, like Dark Horse. But we await new stocks from Juicy Joes, so that may not help you.

Locally manufactured good quality tobaccoes seem not to be that common. I know some folk rave about the black cigar from Vape Elixir but I havent tried it myself yet....

I have Troy (even this is almost depleted) in my current rotation.. I like it too, but I still reach for the blackbird more lol. Matador I found to be a bit too strong for me, but all of Tarks are great and flavourful. I have enjoyed all that I have tried (except for Margrib, of which I cannot shake off that peachy taste - I don't like peach) but that blackbird man! Lol.

Im not sure if you have tried Honey Badger from Craft Vapour? This is also on my A list and part of my rotation. It is a mild pipe tobacco with a warm vanilla base, and a hint of honey. I find it to be smooth and satisfying.

I will definitely check out Black Cigar, hopefully it isn't an RY4 type, which I don't enjoy.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Thanks guys,

Ooh I have my eye on some of these! I'm just waiting for them to land!

I have Troy (even this is almost depleted) in my current rotation.. I like it too, but I still reach for the blackbird more lol. Matador I found to be a bit too strong for me, but all of Tarks are great and flavourful. I have enjoyed all that I have tried (except for Margrib, of which I cannot shake off that peachy taste - I don't like peach) but that blackbird man! Lol.

Im not sure if you have tried Honey Badger from Craft Vapour? This is also on my A list and part of my rotation. It is a mild pipe tobacco with a warm vanilla base, and a hint of honey. I find it to be smooth and satisfying.

I will definitely check out Black Cigar, hopefully it isn't an RY4 type, which I don't enjoy.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Thanks @Bonez007

Yes, Blackbird is a special juice indeed. Not too sweet, not too tobaccoey, not too anything - just right - for those who like it. I doubt we will find anything similar for a while.

I haven't tried Craft Vapour's tobaccoes. I have a bottle of CV Artisan RY4 waiting for me in the cupboard. I would also love to try that Honey Badger. Sounds good - thanks.

Another one I want to try is the new Five Pawns espresso tobacco one - the trailer was posted on another thread. I will try that one just out of respect for 5Pawns ;-)

Lets hope that VapeMob replenishes their Blackbird stocks soon...

Matador I found to be a bit too strong for me,

Forgot to mention - the funny thing about Matador is that I initially found it too bitter and too strange a taste for me.
But I continued vaping it for review purposes. After a few days I started getting used to it (I had no other tobaccoes in my other devices, so this was the only tobacco I vaped for some time). I liked it more and more as time went on. I never loved it - but I did start liking it quite a lot.

I think my taste buds get used to a flavour after a while. Things that taste a bit strange at first can become quite nice. The same happened to me with Whirling Dervish. That spicyness was a bit strange at first - not an instant liking - but it did grow on me after a while.

Having said all of the above about growing to like a juice - when I did finally reload Blackbird after about 2 weeks with Matador - I was back in heaven ;-)

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for more ADV's. My three favourites I'm alternating at the moment are:

VK's apple pie
Rocket fuel cat's meow
King's Crown bound by the crown

I'm really enjoying the dessert type vapes with that pie crust taste. Are there any other juices along these lines you think I might like? Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for more ADV's. My three favourites I'm alternating at the moment are:

VK's apple pie
Rocket fuel cat's meow
King's Crown bound by the crown

I'm really enjoying the dessert type vapes with that pie crust taste. Are there any other juices along these lines you think I might like? Thanks!
With your handle you have no choice but to try Five Pawns GAMBIT! Described as:
The classic, mellow apple pie makes a sweet and savory impression with flaky crust and decadent caramel, lightened by a dollop of French vanilla ice cream and unsweetened whipped cream.

@free3dom

If you are still looking for a good coconut juice, try @Melinda 's Cocomo Cream - Skybleu Vaping - absolutely amazing, smooth and creamy coconut, not too sweet, with a hint of banana... was my ADV for two days but I put it away to savour it, otherwise would have finished the bottle in no time.

With your handle you have no choice but to try Five Pawns GAMBIT! Described as:
The classic, mellow apple pie makes a sweet and savory impression with flaky crust and decadent caramel, lightened by a dollop of French vanilla ice cream and unsweetened whipped cream.
That sounds amazing, straight to the top of my list it goes :D

@free3dom

If you are still looking for a good coconut juice, try @Melinda 's Cocomo Cream - Skybleu Vaping - absolutely amazing, smooth and creamy coconut, not too sweet, with a hint of banana... was my ADV for two days but I put it away to savour it, otherwise would have finished the bottle in no time.

Thanks @Wesley, I was a bit skeptic of the banana but I'll definitely give it a go if it's subtle :)

Back