Kangertech DripBox160 Review

Jakey

Reonaut ;)
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
After a few days of use, these are my findings. I will keep some parts short and will dig deeper into others.
DSC_0162.JPGIMG-20160602-WA0004.jpegDSC_0163.JPG
Boxing / presentation – Great, sleek, well presented in a solid box. No need to fight with the packaging to get the contents out. This has become somewhat of a norm with all the Kangertech products I’ve purchased.

Spares – Comes with a cable (too many of these now, it will probably just lay in the box to rot), a spare disposable pre-built coil (which I probably won’t even try), some cotton, spare claptons, allen key, an anti-spitback piece to plug into your drip tip and a user manual.
DSC_0164.JPG

Build – Solid build, great ergonomics (feels really good in the hand) the size / weight does not phase me as I’ve become used to keeping my mod in-hand or on-desk most of the time. It might trouble others though; this is by no means an extremely portable mod.

The screen is bright enough to be seen in all lighting, it displays the necessary information, nothing special about the display can be said from my side.

The buttons are clicky and do not feel cheap.

Its really easy to squonk, the bottles are soft and deliver the juice up the 510 with ease. (hope our vendors get stock of more bottles soon).

It’s pretty easy to navigate your way through the different modes, there’s no menu but 5 clicks on / 5 off. 3 clicks moves you to a different mode and continue clicking thrice to cycle through these (ni, ss, ti, nichrome, wattage) I haven’t yet figured out how to lock the device but no real effort was put into trying.

The battery panel which is situated at the bottom of the mod WAS a plus but is turning out to be a bit of a PITA (will elaborate on that shortly). It’s extremely easy to open the panel and put the batteries in / out.

Heres a size comparison to some other mods.

IMG-20160602-WA0037.jpeg

So here’s the part where I’m starting to fight with the mod:
1) the battery panel. The contacts are situated on the flap itself, I have come to find that this could be a stupid design, it seems as though my flap is not closing properly anymore, or at least not clicking firmly into place (this happens at some points and not others) so with this not clicking into place the batteries do not make any contact, so yes.... the circuit is not complete. I’m really hoping that the flap is actually well made and will hold out for the remainder of my use of this mod, with this being a temporary glitch.

2) The flap covering the squonk bottle is magnetic, it’s easy to use but find that if a person is moving around with his / her mod often. It won’t be far-fetched to think the flap getting knocked off to be a possibility.

3) the standard atty that comes with the dripbox is a bit odd. feels very cheap, what had me a but puzzled with this atty was how close together the two posts are. as you can see in the pic IMG-20160602-WA0050.jpeg IMG-20160602-WA0045.jpg
this is a comparison of the dripbox posts (pic1) to the velocity v2 (pic2). the spaced nickel coils were tricky to fit into the dripbox atty as the legs had to be pulled in for it to fit. this warped the coils a bit. wider coils will then open you up to some difficulty i would assume.

4) The temp mode also hasn’t blown me away, coming from a Yihi SX chip as my former daily driver, the TC modes seem to lack that bit of customization which I’ve become accustomed to. I might be wrong and might need to actually read up a bit on it, but from my figure-it-out-myself findings it seems as if all you can choose is a temp. the chip will then read your resistance and give you the power output that it sees fit. I was used to configuring both my power and temp previously.

All-in-all this is a great piece of gear. Yes, I do agree that it is a starter kit, due to the fact that it’s really simple to use, no complicated settings to tinker with, just squonk and vape. I would highly recommend the DripBox160 to anybody who is inclined to squonking or anybody who really enjoys dripping their juices.

Thanks for reading :p

*cant get the two pics of the attys to line up side by side, sorry.

Thanks for this review. I'm keen on trying one myself at some point.

Got one yesterday as a newbie and I am in love with it so far Pushes nice fat clouds with tons of flavor. Have not played around with Coils yet but will be doing a coil build for it soon. Will get some pics up once I do.

I'm glad someone did a review on this. i am interested in getting one as i have been looking for a regulated squonker for a while.

Who has stock of this? i would like to check out the size and feel of it before i decide to buy or not to buy.

@dewald.kotze I got mine from Sir vape. Not sure where else its stocked atm. Try vape cartel, vape club, vapers corner

Thanks man.

Was hoping to fit a 24mm Tsunami. Well then, 22mm will have to do.
yeah man, 22 is the max. seen a 24 tsunami on one already. looks a bit silly.

Thanks, will do so if I don't come right.

Mate, got one last week (am in UK at moment) and is a great set up. I would suggest if you are intending to purchase one you stay away from the black finish, is really poor quality and after only a week of use mine is looking decidedly second hand. Kangertech need to address their finishing, had same problem with my sub box mini. Vendor I bought it from only had black and my impatience got the better of me. Only other cons as far as I can see is poor quality of grub screws on deck, they do not look like they will take much use to strip, and buttons that rattle. Overall very cool device, but has a feel that it has been built down to a cost rather than built for quality. Not sure of price in SA, I paid £50 for mine, which comes in at around R1000, which is a lot of device for not a great deal of cash. Hope this is of some help brother.

Mate, got one last week (am in UK at moment) and is a great set up. I would suggest if you are intending to purchase one you stay away from the black finish, is really poor quality and after only a week of use mine is looking decidedly second hand. Kangertech need to address their finishing, had same problem with my sub box mini. Vendor I bought it from only had black and my impatience got the better of me. Only other cons as far as I can see is poor quality of grub screws on deck, they do not look like they will take much use to strip, and buttons that rattle. Overall very cool device, but has a feel that it has been built down to a cost rather than built for quality. Not sure of price in SA, I paid £50 for mine, which comes in at around R1000, which is a lot of device for not a great deal of cash. Hope this is of some help brother.
that's odd. i have mine for about three weeks now. I've been using it as my daily driver and mine still looks brand new. no paint chips. no fading, looks the way it did the day i bought it. the buttons on mine don't rattle at all. the build quality feels as solid as my rx200.
i do however agree with the terrible atty it came with.

Thanks man. At this hours (lol) exchange rate, they're priced pretty much the same.
I was wary of the infamous kanger paintjob so ordered the SS version and am patiently waiting for it.
Need to get a nice RDA to match then I'll be happy.

that's odd. i have mine for about three weeks now. I've been using it as my daily driver and mine still looks brand new. no paint chips. no fading, looks the way it did the day i bought it. the buttons on mine don't rattle at all. the build quality feels as solid as my rx200.
i do however agree with the terrible atty it came with.

Hey @Jakey, that is odd. Paint on mine is coming off quicker than a strippers bra, and buttons are rattling like a pair of skeletons engaged in sexual congress on a tin roof.

Back