Kangertech: Subox Mini

Sadly...I'm still waiting ,....hows the vape on this subox?

Sadly...I'm still waiting ,....hows the vape on this subox?

It's amazing. I've gone through almost a tank in an hour with the mouth to lung setup...think I should lie down for a bit ;)

Quality is also surprisingly good - I expected a cheap feeling mod, but it's very solid and feels great in the hand :D

Can my white one arrive already...this wait is killing me now

Anyone else with the new kit tried putting in a button top battery inside? My vtc4 doesn't want to fit

Anyone else with the new kit tried putting in a button top battery inside? My vtc4 doesn't want to fit

Yep, just tried an Efest button top - doesn't fit :(

Well spotted @ET I'll be sure to recommend flat tops for use with these (luckily most of the new ones are flat top nowadays) ;)

Darn was hoping mine was just a wonky battery. Ah well. Must get me a new Efest then. Should last the whole day

I'm also using the Efest 2800. Good stuff.

Got some quality time with the device last night. Wicked a new coil, played around with the wattage and found a nice lung hit setup around 20W and MTL setup around 13W. My flavour is a bit strong so the minute I'm above 30W (with the lung hits) it's knocking me. Nonetheless, I'm extremely happy with the balances I've found and the device is treating me well :D:D:D

I'm also using the Efest 2800. Good stuff.

Got some quality time with the device last night. Wicked a new coil, played around with the wattage and found a nice lung hit setup around 20W and MTL setup around 13W. My flavour is a bit strong so the minute I'm above 30W (with the lung hits) it's knocking me. Nonetheless, I'm extremely happy with the balances I've found and the device is treating me well :D:D:D

The flavour on the new coils (both 0.5 and 1.5) are quite a bit improved from the previous generation coils - those vertical coils really make a big difference. And even the new RBA seems to give better flavour that the previous one, and it wicks perfectly using max VG juice @ 50W (I tried to make it go dry but it wouldn't, usually I vape at 30W) - with the factory installed 0.5 Ohm build and my own jap cotton wick :)

I've been using it non-stop for 2 days now and the device keeps on impressing me with every vape I take :D

@freedom - what juices you using in this
The flavour on the new coils (both 0.5 and 1.5) are quite a bit improved from the previous generation coils - those vertical coils really make a big difference. And even the new RBA seems to give better flavour that the previous one, and it wicks perfectly using max VG juice @ 50W (I tried to make it go dry but it wouldn't, usually I vape at 30W) - with the factory installed 0.5 Ohm build and my own jap cotton wick :)

I've been using it non-stop for 2 days now and the device keeps on impressing me with every vape I take :D

@freedom - what juices you using in this

So far I've vaped NCV Stawbshake, E-liquid Project Pink Lady + White Biskit Bread, SkyBlue Ambrosia + Nilla Custard, Complex Chaos Trouble Monkey, some 50/50 and 70/30 DIY juices, and even a few MLs of pure VG (for science) :)

Some of these were vaped on the RBA base (with the stock 0.5 Ohm coil build and wicked with Japanese cotton), and others with the 0.5/1.5 Ohm coils.

All round great performance and flavour from all of them.

Can anyone please take a photo of the RBA base with those improved juice flow holes? I want to see how much bigger they are than the Subtank I bought a few weeks ago from SkyBlue... I have a theory that I want to check out ;)

TIA

Check out freedoms review, there's pictures of everything there.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Can anyone please take a photo of the RBA base with those improved juice flow holes? I want to see how much bigger they are than the Subtank I bought a few weeks ago from SkyBlue... I have a theory that I want to check out ;)

TIA

Check out freedoms review, there's pictures of everything there.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

The link for the thread @yazo reffered to..

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/intro-to-vaping-the-subox-mini-june-2015-edition.t12498/#post-236895

TIA
Ok, they are totally freaking different.... I have the updated 'airflow', but it seems my RBA base is still the same as the original Subtank Mini RBA base... :(

It's weird they decided to update the airflow but not the RBA base on some of the Subtank Mini's....

Ok, they are totally freaking different.... I have the updated 'airflow', but it seems my RBA base is still the same as the original Subtank Mini RBA base... :(

It's weird they decided to update the airflow but not the RBA base on some of the Subtank Mini's....

updated airflow has been around for a while, new holes in rba is brand new, first instance of them is in their new kit

As @ET said, they first introduced the new airflow when they launched the SubTank Plus...the first "upgrade" to the original SubTank (non Mini). These airflow options were then "quietly" ported to the SubTank Mini. Now with the Subox they've actually included what will be called the SubTank Mini v2 (when it is released) - this is the first appearance of the new RBA base as well as the re-designed 0.5 Ohm and all new 1.5 Ohm coils.

KangerTech seems to be evolving their devices over time, listening to user feedback and improving the areas that need it. It's a bit confusing, but much better in the long run than them just creating something and then keep selling it warts and all.

I'm sure at some point the new improved RBA base will be sold separately, but that might be a while.

Back