Kayfun Lite Plus

Brilliant! What a success! Your coil and wick setup is so pretty! Is the metallic taste gone now? Very glad to hear you have no leaking issues. I too have been using the Kayfun as an all day carry device and haven't experienced any leaking whatsoever.

10/10 for your wick and coil setup!

I think you should give this another try @Rob Fisher :)

Herewith a workaround to the fixed centre pin:

By not being adjustable the centre pin of my Kayfun protruded from the device resulting in an irregular mount. The gap between the kayfun and SVD was about 0.8mm. This isn't much but I'm a little ocd when it comes to these things. By removing the positive pin screw you get access to a tiny white insulator situated inside that hole. It's purpose is to isolate the positive pin from the rest of the device (negative). By removing this insulator and carefully sanding the side facing downwards with a nail file, you can remove the amount by which the pin protrudes because the pin will now fit deeper into the atty.

Seeing as this is a permanent alteration unless we can get our hands on those insulators, I decided to only remove a very small amount. I'm also unsure what design my future mods will have (maybe it needs that long centre pin) and I would like to keep using the Kayfun for a long time, so I removed as little as possible.

The result was a perfect flush fit on the SVD.

If anyone would be interested in this procedure I must warn you to be very careful when sanding the insulator. If the bottom is not kept straight the pin will fit skew through the Kayfun deck and you might have trouble assembling the positive bridge/pole.

Your comments will be appreciated.

Last edited:
10/10 for your wick and coil setup!

I think you should give this another try @Rob Fisher :)

You read my mind @Reinvanhardt ;)

Gotta go visit my Mom and do her shopping and stuff today and I'm hoping my lighted magnifying glass thingy will arrive tomorrow in Vape Mail... as soon as it arrives I'll have another go!

does this happen to any of you guys-

when my russian gets to near empty, it started gurgling a little bit

by near empty i mean about half way of the see through section

does this happen to any of you guys-

when my russian gets to near empty, it started gurgling a little bit

by near empty i mean about half way of the see through section

Hi Riaz. The first and only sign I get of an empty tank is one catastrophically dry hit.

Hi Riaz. The first and only sign I get of an empty tank is one catastrophically dry hit.

i get dry hits sometimes when i chain vape

all i do is take a minute break and carry on

i dont like running my tank down

Thank you for the compliments, must say it's a great feeling building a coil you can be proud of :D

@Reinvanhardt The metallic taste is 99% gone, I still catch it very briefly on rare occasions. I will most likely give the tank another scrub and vodka soak over the weekend. Might just accidentally break the coil 'forcing' me to build another while I'm at it, such a PITA :p

I am going to wait on trying that centre pin fix. I am considering some hardware once I hit 100 analogue free days and would rather not take the risk of the KFL+ then not sitting well on the next mod.

@Rob Fisher Go for it, it is worth every second of frustration.

@TylerD what you said about a bumpy road.... Drove to Greyton for the cape epic and there is a long bumpy gravel road I had to drive! Kayfun is out of order till I can get a chance to open this sucker, juice coming out of the airholes and everything, gurgles lika biatch etc.

Damn!!!

In the GAT part of nowhere! But I brought my shiat with me just incase! So will hopefully rewick this sucker sometime! Till then really enjoying the V3 so far!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

@TylerD what you said about a bumpy road.... Drove to Greyton for the cape epic and there is a long bumpy gravel road I had to drive! Kayfun is out of order till I can get a chance to open this sucker, juice coming out of the airholes and everything, gurgles lika biatch etc.

Damn!!!

In the GAT part of nowhere! But I brought my shiat with me just incase! So will hopefully rewick this sucker sometime! Till then really enjoying the V3 so far!

Cool, at least you have a back-up. Yeah, bumpy roads and a Kayfun doesn't mix well. :(

Damn!!!

are you riding @Hein510

half our office is there- rsaweb is sponsoring the wifi for the event

@Riaz no working here

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

ok cool

i hear the guys were suffering badly there with all the rain.

i wanted to come down with the family on the last day but still deciding

I found an interesting little thing about the KFL+ last night. I had just redone the wick and filled up the tank when I found that I was getting dry hits! I believe I made the wick too thin and short. Since I had just filled the tank and I am desperately short of juice at the moment, I was in a bit of a quandry.

Enter the interesting thing about these tanks. You can turn the tank upside down and unscrew the deck. From here, one of two things will happen. The deck with the chimney comes out as a unit and the juice drains via the drip tip. What happened with mine is, since the chimney is locked in very tightly by the O-ring, the deck unscrewed from the chimney as well. The juice stayed in the tank while I redid the wick, sealed in by the chimney. I could then screw the deck back in and have been happily vaping ever since :D

Being hard-up in a tight situation will always remain the master of all teachers @Rex_Bael - glad you could sort it out.

thanks for that info @Rex_Bael

i find it difficult to unscrew just the deck, maybe i should use some rubber gloves next time.

It's definitely a bit of a mission and carries the risk of unscrewing the wrong part. I wouldn't use it under regular circumstances, but in this case it worked like a charm.

Mine came undone just using a cloth for grip on the deck alone.

It's definitely a bit of a mission and carries the risk of unscrewing the wrong part. I wouldn't use it under regular circumstances, but in this case it worked like a charm.

Mine came undone just using a cloth for grip on the deck alone.

what happened to me last night, i tried to unscrew just the deck, but then the chimney came off as well and the juice oozed out of the drip tip. lucky there wasnt alot of juice inside.

Sorry, I misunderstood. It seems like this method will be hit and miss depending on how tightly each individual part is sitting. I worked with a shot glass underneath the tank for incase.

Ive had many a coil screw up in the KF, what I usually do when I filled it is grip the top part of the tank then just loosen the top cap, hold the airholes closed with my finger and unscrew the top cap completely and then dump the liquid out into a bottle. redo the coil and close everything up and refill from that bottle I dumped the juice in.

That is good advice @Hein510
I suppose it's a bit like the top-fill procedure in reverse

Just read through most of these posts, interesting that Rob Fisher mentioned that his device leaks and gurgles. I bought two of these and both do the same thing. I'm not new to Kayfun's either owned the 3.1 ES and Russion clone for around 6months without any issues.
On closer inspections i can see that the base of the KFLP has 4 wicking channels and the air hole is smaller so it has a much tighter draw than my orginal and Russion clone. I can only think that a tighter draw,more pressure, with 4 wicking channels draws up too much liquid to the wick and it drips off the coil down the deck/screw.
I'm going to drill the air hole on the base and see if that solves the problem.

@Rob Fisher If you don't like your genuine Russian I gotta call first dibs on getting it from you ;)

this is how my wick lays and never ever a gurgle
evavujy3.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
I have a similar device, the Russian clone. I also got crazy gurgling and juice running out of the air screw hole. I then realized that these babies can only take a short wick. Made a vertical micro coil and it was spitting clouds like mad, but once I wicked it, it flooded way too much. Still, this is the best flavor production ever.

Back