Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

Thought I would start this thread to record my views and impressions on this tank. Please add yours too.

Got mine from VapeKing and paid about R500.

Comes with three tank configurations. A bell cap, a metal tank with window and a full metal tank.

It's well made and threads are smooth and work well.

It's easy to build

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438544801.347043.jpg

Simple 1.1 ohm coil. 7 wraps. 28g. 2mm ID.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438544861.668663.jpg

Glowing nicely.

I wicked it with Rayon. Was very easy. Draped the rayon onto the deck. Nothing fancy.

The draw is nice. It's a fairly restrictive lung hit but airier than the Lemo1 wide open. This tank does not have AFC. Note - this is a single coil device and doesn't have big airflow despite the large looking airholes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438544987.162774.jpg

The vape is good. Am using my 'Strawberry Ice' mix which I know well. It's @Oupa's VM Strawbery with added menthol concentrate drops.

For this juice I like long restrictive lung hits on the Lemo1 where I get sharp flavour and a menthol burn in the throat.

On the monster V2 it's very good. Also quite sharp and I get a lovely singe from the menthol on longer hits. It's sharper than the Lemo2 which I found softened the flavour. It's pretty much on par with the sharpness of the Lemo1 but feels a bit more intense and slightly richer. I also find it slightly "wetter" than the Lemo1.

No leaks so far.

Most importantly, no dry hits so far. Not even on long drags. Will report back over time. Maybe I just got lucky with this build but I think the wicking is better because the juice channels are bigger and deeper.

Only downside I am noticing so far is that the bell cap configuration takes too little juice. Lol. I estimate about 2.5 ml to maybe 2.75 ml. I filled it earlier this evening, havent used it exclusively and it's already on half. This versus my Lemo1 's 4.5 ml or so. I haven't tried the other configs yet.

So far I am very happy.

It's been a long time since a tank has given me such a positive initial impression.

Last edited:
Awesome review and those pics are crystal clear. I'm not one for single coil devices but reading this review brought back fun memories of when my vape journey started and my first rebuildable tank ( Kayfun 3.1) got my head spinning.

Holy cow, now those are channels! I remember the first kayfuns were lucky packets regarding the channels. Some barley had a scratch along the side.

Great review.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Nice review there @Silver. I might pick one up in the future. Just one question. The deck and chamber. Are they tall and wide enough for some fancy low ohm builds like a dual or triple vertical single strand coil?

Thanks @average vaper Joe. I really don't know the answer to your question. Maybe @Yiannaki can advise.

But I think it's more aimed at single coils. And the post screws are small so not sure about very thick wire. But that's not my area of expertise....

Anyway I don't think it will blow clouds like your setup I saw yesterday :)

Yip the Kayfun Monster 2 is much more a flavour device...

image.jpg
Yip the Kayfun Monster 2 is much more a flavour device...
Oh I am all for flavour but I like some vapor too. Not warm but thick. The reason I'm asking is that I just don't enjoy a normal single coil anymore. I went back to an old single macro coil the other day and it was just plain weak. Here's an example of what I'm referring to, but vertical.

View attachment 32677
Oh I am all for flavour but I like some vapor too. Not warm but thick. The reason I'm asking is that I just don't enjoy a normal single coil anymore. I went back to an old single macro coil the other day and it was just plain weak. Here's an example of what I'm referring to, but vertical.
That's some coil.Did you do that? If so please share.

Hi all

Thought I would start this thread to record my views and impressions on this tank. Please add yours too.

Comes with three tank configurations. A bell cap, a metal tank with window and a full metal tank.

It's easy to build

View attachment 32662

View attachment 32663

Glowing nicely.

I wicked it with Rayon. Was very easy. Draped the rayon onto the deck. Nothing fancy.

The draw is nice. It's a fairly restrictive lung hit but airier than the Lemo1 wide open. This tank does not have AFC. Note - this is a single coil device and doesn't have big airflow despite the large looking airholes.

View attachment 32664

The vape is good. Am using my 'Strawberry Ice' mix which I know well. It's @Oupa's VM Strawbery with added menthol concentrate drops.

For this juice I like long restrictive lung hits on the Lemo1 where I get sharp flavour and a menthol burn in the throat.

On the monster V2 it's very good. Also quite sharp and I get a lovely singe from the menthol on longer hits. It's sharper than the Lemo2 which I found softened the flavour. It's pretty much on par with the sharpness of the Lemo1 but feels a bit more intense and slightly richer. I also find it slightly "wetter" than the Lemo1.

No leaks so far.

Most importantly, no dry hits so far. Not even on long drags. Will report back over time. Maybe I just got lucky with this build bit I think the wicking is better because the juice channels are bigger and deeper.

Only downside I am noticing so far is that the bell cap configuration takes too little juice. Lol. I estimate about 2.5 ml to maybe 2.75 ml. I filled it earlier this evening, havent used it exclusively and it's already on half. This versus my Lemo1 's 4.5 ml or so. I haven't tried the other configs yet.

So far I am very happy.

It's been a long time since a tank has given me such a positive initial impression.
Saw a video on a co. in the states I believe that offers a hand customized version (expensive around 150.00 dollars) but it produced clouds that rivaled any dripper and at low wattage.Quite impressive

View attachment 32677

Awesome tri-coil @Average vapor Joe
I would just not look forward to trapping the wires under the screws
Achievement!

@Silver do you think (based on the Ni discussion we have on another thread) this bad boy have enough space for a Ni build?

@Silver do you think (based on the Ni discussion we have on another thread) this bad boy have enough space for a Ni build?

I wish I could answer that myself @rvdwesth - but I have not ventured yet into temp control - embarrasingly so...
But @Yiannaki has this tank too and he told me he did a nickel build and its working great

I wish I could answer that myself @rvdwesth - but I have not ventured yet into temp control - embarrasingly so...
But @Yiannaki has this tank too and he told me he did a nickel build and its working great
Well in this case (and my humble opinion) you need size to do a good Ni build. If the deck is large enough to get a good long coil in there it will be a real monster :devil:

Nice review, I've been eyeing the monster for a while, but still leaning toward a Goblin mini. Decisions, decisions... :think:

Why is it embarrassing not having tried TC? Neither have I, I have a nice satisfactory vape over and over, day after day without using TC, vape the way you like to vape ;)

Nice review, I've been eyeing the monster for a while, but still leaning toward a Goblin mini. Decisions, decisions... :think:

Why is it embarrassing not having tried TC? Neither have I, I have a nice satisfactory vape over and over, day after day without using TC, vape the way you like to vape ;)

Good point @Dirge - i also have great vapes all day long without temp control
Most of my vape friends have tried it and are quite far into their temp control journeys. So perhaps not embarrassing - but a feeling of being left behind and fomo... But i will get there... Eventually...

Last edited:
Nice one @Silver . I havent got one, but i did get the chance to play with one at vape king, and i must say, its a pretty sick little tank.

Lol, TC still in its infancy and a long and steep learning curve. I have been following the Ti story on ECF - nothing is really settled yet. Did try a 30g Ti coil in the GEM with SX Mini last night and it was an epic fail! Not sure if all the additional trouble is worth the effort, but will persevere for now. Waiting on some thicker wire.
Did read on ECF that the newest Kayfuns have a problem with TC because of the spring they use on the 510 connection. Not sure if it applies to the Monster.
The Goblin Mini is a great little tank. Really easy tank. Flavour for me is not quite dripper quality, but the best of all the RTAs I have tried - other than the GEM. That said, Kayfun has always been known for great flavour.

Did read on ECF that the newest Kayfuns have a problem with TC because of the spring they use on the 510 connection. Not sure if it applies to the Monster.
Hey @Andre , the newest kayfuns they are reffering to is are the Kayfun 4's.... so much going on in there. They Monster Kayfuns are all based on the Kayfun Lite or Lite Plus (cant remember), so a Nickel build should be fine.

Paging @Yiannaki
Any problems with nickel and temp control on the Monster Kayfun V2 ?

Thanks for the page @Silver :p

@rvdwesth - No issues with a nickel build in the KF Monster V2. Its actually running like a dream at the moment.

My current nickel build:
28g
2.5mm ID
9 wraps (spaced)
0.09 ohms
Koh Gen Doh Wick

A few things to keep in mind :

- The chamber is actually fairly small so you cant go and put in an insanely large coil. The 9 wrap was a comfortable fit so perhaps u could go as high as 11 i think.

- If you do decide you want something a little longer than will normally fit, you could always skew the coil and not have it sitting across the deck straight on ( if that makes sense?)

@Average vapor Joe - The post screws are rather tiny so i am not too sure how this would cope with anything thick than 24. It might be very tricky trying to catch twisted wire, clapton wire and multiple leads. I will experiment with this over this week and get back to you :)

@Silver - did i miss anything? :D

Oh yes, did i mention that i am LOVING this tank? :D

Last edited:
Nice review there @Silver. I might pick one up in the future. Just one question. The deck and chamber. Are they tall and wide enough for some fancy low ohm builds like a dual or triple vertical single strand coil?

Ive had an authentic one for a while now and can tell you its possible to build 3mm id 24G builds in it and it can be pushed to 2--24watts in single coil mode! The best setup in this is a vertical coil but its imprtant to get the wicking right!

Nickel is also very good in these

Hi all

It's easy to build

View attachment 32662

View attachment 32663

Glowing nicely.

View attachment 32664

No leaks so far.

Most importantly, no dry hits so far. Not even on long drags. Will report back over time. Maybe I just got lucky with this build but I think the wicking is better because the juice channels are bigger and deeper.

So far I am very happy.

Great Review and nice to see that the clones are working well i would love to test it out :p

Thanks for the page @Silver :p

@rvdwesth - No issues with a nickel build in the KF Monster V2. Its actually running like a dream at the moment.

My current nickel build:
28g
2.5mm ID
9 wraps (spaced)
0.09 ohms
Koh Gen Doh Wick

A few things to keep in mind :

- The chamber is actually fairly small so you can go and put in an insanely large coil. The 9 wrap was a comfortable fit so perhaps u could go as high as 11 i think.

- If you do decide you want something a little longer than will normally fit, you could always skew the coil and not have it sitting across the deck straight on ( if that makes sense?)

@Average vapor Joe - The post screws are rather tiny so i am not too sure how this would cope with anything thick than 24. It might be very tricky trying to catch twisted wire, clapton wire and multiple leads. I will experiment with this over this week and get back to you :)

@Silver - did i miss anything? :D

Oh yes, did i mention that i am LOVING this tank? :D

Thats perfect @Yiannaki !
Glad you liking it.
Mine is lovely - only problem is that I sucked out the last drop early this morning - and haven't refilled yet.
It needs a MUCH bigger tank capacity - lol

By the way, when one uses the longer chimney top for the other tank configs - I am wondering whether that changes the flavour in any way. Probably cools it a bit. Will see in time and report back...

Back