Lemo 2 builds and wicking...

@Andre I guess it boils down to taste buds and preferences :)

I think I may have mastered the coiling and wicking for my SubTank, and still have a lot to learn on the Lemo to get the flavour working for me.
What I can agree with you on is "NO DRY HITS" at all. I chain vaped the Lemo 2 at 25-28watts (0.8 Ohm)and not a dry hit. The SubTank maxes at 23-24 watts (0.6 Ohm) and I guess I have learned to settle with that.
Of course, I totally agree. If we all had the same taste and preferences it would be extremely boring:).

The coil I have on mine is a 24g 8 wraps, 0.6ohms...wicking should just barely touch the base, vaping constant on 25watts, I've even cranked it up to 70watts with no dry hits.

I have however on one occasion got hectic leaking through the air slots, but I think that was because I over filled the tank.

Here is my build.

6 wraps, 3mm ID, 24G (0.5Ohm)
31365aa6fa3d893fe3df710f601fb6a0.jpg

8ee749d79071fffbd766cd7eabad73aa.jpg

cut the jap cotton about 1-2mm wider than ID of the coil
79e5609e7f487a5b6fc06c2df0ea6633.jpg

take the top and bottom layer off the cotton (i find its papery and messes with the wicking)
e44318dc07aea8cc4400b461445a9c2e.jpg

cut the ends parallel with bottom outer base
f767eab0a827af63534ba5517d02be8f.jpg

push the wick down with the chimney and fasten the chimney - then move wick away from the side, ie toward the inside
d49cc5da8d9c478fc5e3d4299110081c.jpg

wet the wick and double check that it not inside the juice channels.
bfe6193a92012a6df5920ee575e5d598.jpg

Here is my build.

6 wraps, 3mm ID, 24G (0.5Ohm)
31365aa6fa3d893fe3df710f601fb6a0.jpg

8ee749d79071fffbd766cd7eabad73aa.jpg

cut the jap cotton about 1-2mm wider than ID of the coil
79e5609e7f487a5b6fc06c2df0ea6633.jpg

take the top and bottom layer off the cotton (i find its papery and messes with the wicking)
e44318dc07aea8cc4400b461445a9c2e.jpg

cut the ends parallel with bottom outer base
f767eab0a827af63534ba5517d02be8f.jpg

push the wick down with the chimney and fasten the chimney - then move wick away from the side, ie toward the inside
d49cc5da8d9c478fc5e3d4299110081c.jpg

wet the wick and double check that it not inside the juice channels.
bfe6193a92012a6df5920ee575e5d598.jpg
I use rayon same kanthal and id I noticed with lemo 2 more is more especially with wicking if I underwick it either dry burns or leaks get wicking right and its flavour in your face with awesome TH.

I had alot of issues with the lemo 2 at first on 26g and 28 not matter the diameter or spaced or closed.

What i recently found is that the jap cotton doesnt work for me. Organic cotton from dischem for some reason works like a charm. I have a 1.2 ohm build on 2mm 28g and havent had a single dry hit up to 18w vapour and flavour is awesome.
24g with rayon 0.6 ohm coil not a dry hit up to 25Watts it's how you wick.

Need help getting burnt hits anywhere from 15w - 30w, 30w is really bad.

1 ohm 28g kanthol 6 wraps.

Is the coil too tight, I'm using normal cotton its a bit long but I go down the left and right of juice well from either side. I can see light from the juice well.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 45
Looks like the cotton is double too thick and double too long.

Also what I've found out is 15W on one setup does not necessarily mean 15W on another. 20W on my dripper is around as strong as 35W on my Delta2.

yea, if you are using normal organic cotton, less is more, you need to be able to pull the cotton through the coil without having to hold onto the deck, there must only be slight resistance.....

@BuzzGlo here's a decent photo of some vertical coils I built. You can get away with WAY less cotton than you think. With tanks it becomes a balance between using enough cotton to prevent leaking without using so much that you get dry hits.

Note how the cotton is just slightly thinner than the coil.

View attachment 26751

I usually role the cotton between my palms, the way you do with when its cold, to round it out and thread it easy. I wanted to practice with organis before using the japanese cotton.

Any advice on how to use the jappa?

Organic isnt working for me flavour is not lekkah

Don't roll it between your palms.

Touch it as little as possible because your hands have oils on them. Don't place it on the table etc, pretend you're keeping it sterile. Cut one side at an angle and roll it into a point and then stick that through. There should be little resistance when you're sliding it into place and it should definitely not move the coil.

I usually role the cotton between my palms, the way you do with when its cold, to round it out and thread it easy. I wanted to practice with organis before using the japanese cotton.

Any advice on how to use the jappa?

Organic isnt working for me flavour is not lekkah
dont roll your cotton, only the tip to get it through.
when you are rolling it, you are compacting it, and it swells when it gets wet - that probably why you getting a kak taste

@BuzzGlo here's a decent photo of some vertical coils I built. You can get away with WAY less cotton than you think. With tanks it becomes a balance between using enough cotton to prevent leaking without using so much that you get dry hits.

Note how the cotton is just slightly thinner than the coil.

View attachment 26751

Whats the silver things in the centre, are they hollow to allow airflow?

It's a different atty, it's the positive post weirdly enough.

ja bigger ID works , 3mm 8 wraps 28g , tried the pancake wicking method works well no dry hits ....

I give up with this tank. Tried normal and spaced coils at 2.5 and 3mm. I've tried jap cotton and rayon. I've tried 3 different size pancake wicks and about 5 different size normal wick ranging from just touching the deck to filling the deck and just leaving the juice channel open. Convinced it's something with the vacuum not working. Sometimes I get through half a tank before the dry hits start, other times its every 3 or 4 hits and I have to keep priming it by blocking the air holes and suckling. Not sure if mine is defective or what. Dont even want to put it on the classifieds cause I don't want anyone else to have to deal with this POS.

I give up with this tank. Tried normal and spaced coils at 2.5 and 3mm. I've tried jap cotton and rayon. I've tried 3 different size pancake wicks and about 5 different size normal wick ranging from just touching the deck to filling the deck and just leaving the juice channel open. Convinced it's something with the vacuum not working. Sometimes I get through half a tank before the dry hits start, other times its every 3 or 4 hits and I have to keep priming it by blocking the air holes and suckling. Not sure if mine is defective or what. Dont even want to put it on the classifieds cause I don't want anyone else to have to deal with this POS.

I feel your pain @Gambit and have had similar issues.

I havent tried as much with the Lemo2 but ive tried a few times and its inconsistent. I get dryish hits halfway through the draw. On low power. I agree with you that it sometimes works for a bit (say half a tank) then it goes on the blink again.

I persevered with the Lemo1 for a lot longer. Its now behaving quite well. Probably 70% of the time its fine but sometimes i get the dryish hits on that too. I would have stopped using it but i like the flavour I get from it with my menthol fruits.

I know this could all very well be from user error in wicking but man, it shouldnt be this mysterious to get a consistent good vape.

I havent tried as much with the Lemo2 but ive tried a few times and its inconsistent. I get dryish hits halfway through the draw. On low power. I agree with you that it sometimes works for a bit (say half a tank) then it goes on the blink again.

I persevered with the Lemo1 for a lot longer. Its now behaving quite well. Probably 70% of the time its fine but sometimes i get the dryish hits on that too. I would have stopped using it but i like the flavour I get from it with my menthol fruits.

I know this could all very well be from user error in wicking but man, it shouldnt be this mysterious to get a consistent good vape.
That's the thing, when it works, it works well flavour and vapour production is great, then all of a sudden it just stops wicking. Also I'm using 60vg juices so really shouldn't be any issue.

That's the thing, when it works, it works well flavour and vapour production is great, then all of a sudden it just stops wicking. Also I'm using 60vg juices so really shouldn't be any issue.

And Im using 50/50 ;-)

last nyt I left my mod and tank on the dinner table sideways and it leaked out the air channels, Idk I was super excited about this tank at first i thort it was because i'm new that maybe idk how to wick properly, but its tuning now its turning into a pain. 5 wicks in a week all slightly singed. subtank mini has never had a dry it on the rba no matter how I wick.

Last edited:

Guys, I feel for you. If I have coiled and wicked a tank according to what is generally accepted as good and I get dry hits or leaking or the flavour is not good, that is the end of that tank. You have much more patience.
The Lemo 2 is the first tank in a long time that I like. Wicked with Native Wicks. No dry hits, no leaking and good flavour so far on 60VG juice. Am on my second tank. Of course, never looking forward to the schlep of cleaning, drying and re-wicking.

Guys, I feel for you. If I have coiled and wicked a tank according to what is generally accepted as good and I get dry hits or leaking or the flavour is not good, that is the end of that tank. You have much more patience.
The Lemo 2 is the first tank in a long time that I like. Wicked with Native Wicks. No dry hits, no leaking and good flavour so far on 60VG juice. Am on my second tank. Of course, never looking forward to the schlep of cleaning, drying and re-wicking.
The number of times I've recoiled and rewicked this thing I'm pretty sure I should have stumbled on a working setup even if only by accident. Also way too many people having the same problem for it to be just a wicking thing. Going to replace all the o rings and try a couple more pancakes and spaced coils and if that doesn't work its going in the gorge.

Thanks @Andre

You gave me an idea to try native wicks. I will try that next. I have only been using cotton and rayon in these tanks.

I suppose the only reason I persevere is that the flavour is good and I like the way it tastes on the menthol fruity juices. So trying to get it right would be a win.

But the trusty REOs with rm2s and Nuppins don't give me even an ounce of bother. At least that is reassuring. So I don't mind if I don't get these tanks right.

Back