Lightsaber Led Cartomiser Mod

Mklops

Guy on the end of the Vape cloud
LV

Awards
Hey guys,

As per our disucssion earlier today regarding the SVD and it's resembelance to a lightsaber; I have dug up this cartomiser that would complete the look!

imagesCAI84Q0J.jpg

Any ideas on how to get this made?

Also what is the thoughts on the power the LED would pull and the possible effects it would have on your vaping time?

I am very interested to see the input coming in on this topic!:p

LED should have an effect on battery life, however very little as it draws a very small current; +/- 10mA to maximum 20mA (or in Wattage: +/- 30mW to max 60mW)

Yip.... 1 small LED is gonna cut your vape time with a whopping 10 - 15 minutes!!

Very easy to make; you need 1 LED (buy any colour you like at any electronic shop +/1 R0.60) plus 1 Resistor (depends on battery voltage, let's say 3.7V, quick calculation R = 3.7 - 3.1 / 0.01 = 60 Ohm, non-standard value, closest that will suffice = 56 Ohm). Connect resistor to one leg of LED. The short leg of LED = cathode and will be connected to - of battery and the long leg of LED = anode and will be connected to + of battery. If you need a drawing let me know. Resistor will cost you about R0.08 (1/8 W).

Very easy to make; you need 1 LED (buy any colour you like at any electronic shop +/1 R0.60) plus 1 Resistor (depends on battery voltage, let's say 3.7V, quick calculation R = 3.7 - 3.1 / 0.01 = 60 Ohm, non-standard value, closest that will suffice = 56 Ohm). Connect resistor to one leg of LED. The short leg of LED = cathode and will be connected to - of battery and the long leg of LED = anode and will be connected to + of battery. If you need a drawing let me know. Resistor will cost you about R0.08 (1/8 W).
Get me a Kraken or other RBA with a glass tank and do that to it!!! RED all the way!!!

Wow awesome I think that would be an wicked mod! @johanct, if you could provide a draw that would be very helpful! Maybe it's just that it's late in the day but it felt like I was reading french for a minute!

Sent via harnessing the power of the moon's gravitational pull

Hahaha i was thinking an itaste 134 looks like vader's so red for that and then the svd looks more like Luke ' s so either green or blue

Hahaha i was thinking an itaste 134 looks like vader's so red for that and then the svd looks more like Luke ' s so either green or blue

134 all the way!

How bout a Darth Maul one with a RBA on either sides!!! in red offcourse!

I'l do a drawing later today and post it up here with calculations for different LED's and voltages.

There are a couple of factories that make these and we have looked at them before as a bit of a gag product - problem is, the ones we saw looked very poorly made - I mean, yeah it's a gag product, but it's gotta last at least a month or so before falling apart - and they cost about the same as an EVOD clearo

ledcart.jpg

I'l do a drawing later today and post it up here with calculations for different LED's and voltages.

You are a gentleman and a scholar kind sir!

134 all the way!

How bout a Darth Maul one with a RBA on either sides!!! in red offcourse!

Hmmm maybe two krakens welded together would do the trick?

Those do look cool but like stated, if they don't last it's not worth it...

I was considering converting a pt2 or mini for the purpose

Now, in order to take this to the next level of the next level....
Get 0.5 mg of quinine in your ejuice. It will give it a slight bitter taste like you get in schweppes dry lemon, or tonic water.
for the led, make sure you get one of those purple "black light" led's. The ones they use to check money, or check for blood etc...
Quinine reacts to uv light in a beautiful manner.
FX809LEGA9EBD8K.MEDIUM.jpg

@CraftyZA that is absolute genius!

@CraftyZA that is absolute genius!

Thanks!
However, I've tried to buy quinine, and apparently it is not that easy to get hold of. one can crush some malaria pills, but then you are stuck with all sorts of other chemicals, fillers, and bonding agents. I wanted to do this last year for something I was/am working on.
But, this is a resourceful forum. Perhaps someone has a stash somewhere from his/her last neon party

as if my device doesnt attract enough attention :)

now add a light to it? no thank you

If you gonna add a light. its gotta be an RGB led that flashes in 64 different colours. The. Whole. Time.

as if my device doesnt attract enough attention :)

now add a light to it? no thank you

I was thinking more for nerding out in your obi wan or Darth vader's costume at home behind closed doors...

I think being out in public with that, it'll look like you are taxiing planes down the run way

Thanks!
However, I've tried to buy quinine, and apparently it is not that easy to get hold of. one can crush some malaria pills, but then you are stuck with all sorts of other chemicals, fillers, and bonding agents. I wanted to do this last year for something I was/am working on.
But, this is a resourceful forum. Perhaps someone has a stash somewhere from his/her last neon party
If you gonna add a light. its gotta be an RGB led that flashes in 64 different colours. The. Whole. Time.

I've got a couple of those that changes colours randomly in standard 5mm format - real DISCO effect

Ok, here goes the info promised - please feel free to contact me if anything is unclear or you want to use more than 1 led or your mod has different voltages.

Attachments

• LEDS.pdf
    87.7 KB · Views: 20
Wow johan! That is freaking awesome!

Tell me one thing, that ultra violet you speak of, that's proper black light?

Wow johan! That is freaking awesome!

Tell me one thing, that ultra violet you speak of, that's proper black light?

Yes similar effect as "black Light" - normally used in new generation banknote detectors, torch applications to hunt scorpions and certain spiders etc.

Yes similar effect as "black Light" - normally used in new generation banknote detectors, torch applications to hunt scorpions and certain spiders etc.

Nice! I'm so gonna make a uv and a green one!

One more thing johan, you seem pretty clued up on the electrical side of things, any suggestions on how to mount it inside the tank to get that connection from? Basically only going on that pick and your advice at this stage...

Back