Loan Unit.

baksteen8168

Useful Idiot
LV

Awards
Just a quick thank you to @JakesSA and @VapeGrrl for the loan Vamo V5.

For those not in the know, I purchased an eVic Supreme and she worked beautifully for one day. Got home yesterday and plugged her in to my pc to download the day's vaping stats. Software alerted me that there is a update for the firmware and I accepted. This proceeded to brick my evic... :(

Posted on the "my vape broke" section, and it wasn't even 5 minutes when I got a call from JakesSA telling me that shoukd I not be able to rectify the problem I should bring her back and he would supply me a loan vamo untill my evic has been sorted or replaced.

Thanks again guys, You have got a customer for life here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Hi, Baksteen ! I am super glad that JakeSA etc. came to you rescue ! I've also purshased a eVic Supreme from them.. It is working GREAT ! Where did you go for a firmware upgrade ? For the old evic there is ver 1.3 for our new devices only version 1.0 ? There is no new firmware upgrade for the eVic surpreme as yet...

Please delete everything and keep only the new MyVapor software..

Hi, Baksteen ! I am super glad that JakeSA etc. came to you rescue ! I've also purshased a eVic Supreme from them.. It is working GREAT ! Where did you go for a firmware upgrade ? For the old evic there is ver 1.3 for our new devices only version 1.0 ? There is no new firmware upgrade for the eVic surpreme as yet...

Please delete everything and keep only the new MyVapor software..
Hi @Derek.

The versions you are talking about is the my vapors program. there are 4 old versions and one completely redesigned new version. all of them pick up the evic though (or should. lol). There are 3 versions of firmware on the site. factory, 1.0 and 1.1

I was using the new my vapors software, and as I plugged it in it stated it wants to upgrade the firmware. I don't know what went wrong, but from my research it looks like the previous evic also suffered from this. Will just be extra cautious next time. :)

I ran through all the known fixes for the eVic but it looks like she's bricked .. no jokes please! ;)

Not to worry the next one may be here as soon as next Friday.

I ran through all the known fixes for the eVic but it looks like she's bricked .. no jokes please! ;)

Not to worry the next one may be here as soon as next Friday.
yup, baksteen bricked his device... lol... from now on bricking a device will be known as doing a baksteen. haha

That means I will probably wait untill Monday as we are away that weekend, but I am sure that the vamo will be up to the task.

Thanks for all the effort @JakesSA. I really appreciate it.

I'll play the biggest guilt trip ever on the supplier to get it here asap!
Haha, this I like. Sommer 1 day express airmail or something. lol.

Hey, a guy can dream. lol

Just an update.

eVic Supreme was fixed and supplied back to me. Working 100% now. Thanks @JakesSA and @VapeGrrl , You guys ROCK!

Also bought the Vamo V5 they loaned me for a backup device should this baksteen brick the evic again...:rolleyes: (Truth be told, I just had to have the Vamo... Fell in love with her. :h:;) )

Now get your Kanthal sorted and up on the site... I wanna play with my new dripper that I got from you!! ;):-D

I shall hide all but if I accedently leave out a russion 91 or something I am very sorry >:)

NOOOOO... lol

I am bringing exact cash and leaving my cards at home... ;-)
I still have 2 birthdays to do this month... not to mention kids...

dammit lotto.... gimme my numbers...

Back