Local One-Shot creators

I hear you @method1
Would be great if somehow the original creators could be asked for permission and paid a royalty.

I suppose not very easy or practical from here in SA with international DIY recipes.

This is the system we use, it is doable.
However it's meant butting heads with unscrupulous types using the recipes without consent.
Y'all know my story :)

My oversight on my initial comment to see DIY recipes available as one shots

Definitely the original creator should either give permission and/or get paid a reasonable royalty.

Could be epic if one could get many great recipes in that way and it didn't cost too much.

I hear you @method1
Would be great if somehow the original creators could be asked for permission and paid a royalty.

@Silver @method1 What about DIY recipes which are published on the Internet? If the creator has published them then one assumes that there is no objection to other people using them for their own, private, purposes. However, what is your opinion about mixing published DIY recipes and then selling them? As you said, @Silver, the original creator should get something, right?

@Silver @method1 What about DIY recipes which are published on the Internet? If the creator has published them then one assumes that there is no objection to other people using them for their own, private, purposes. However, what is your opinion about mixing published DIY recipes and then selling them? As you said, @Silver, the original creator should get something, right?

Yes, that's exactly what I was getting at in my previous post.
"All The Flavours" for example has Creative Commons licensing that one can choose to attach to a recipe - so the creator can specify the conditions of use.

There is an argument that some people use along the lines of "if you put it on the internet it's fair game" - personally I think that's a B.S justification.
We have done several profit-share collaborations with mixers, both for one shots and finished pre-mixed products.

Back