Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So my mom tested positive today. Sister and niece went for their tests later this afternoon cause they live together. Stressful times.

Very worrying. Wishing her all the best for a speedy recovery.

So my mom tested positive today. Sister and niece went for their tests later this afternoon cause they live together. Stressful times.

Sorry bro. Hopefully you can start treating before symptoms progress.
Fingers crossed X

Loads of graphs in the link to make the story more clear. Bottom line, get the jab. It works.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/state-of-affairs-july-26-2021

In the United States, cases continue to rise with a 170% increase in the past 14 days. Every state has significant case growth, but the surge continues to be driven largely by severe outbreaks in the South. Today, Arkansas is the leader (60 daily cases per 100,000) followed by Louisiana (52 per 100,000) and Florida (49 per 100,000).

Hospitalizations also continue to rise and we are up 58% in the past 14 days. Nevada takes the prize for most hospitalizations (30 per 100,000), followed by Missouri (27 per 100,000) and Florida (26 per 100,000).

Among the highest vaccinated states (Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island), hospitalizations remain stagnant while cases rise. I’m hopeful that this trend will continue.

During the same time, CDC recorded 5,914 breakthrough cases where someone was hospitalized or died. CDC does not report all symptomatic breakthrough cases (i.e. non-hospitalized), so we need to look at the local level too. For example, in Los Angeles County, 0.13% of the vaccinated tested positive. In San Diego, case rates among vaccinated also continue to remain low while unvaccinated cases continue to increase. Vaccines seem to be holding up.

We’re starting to see the Delta leaders (UK, South Africa, Netherlands, etc.) come down from their peaks, which is fantastic news. Every epi curve comes down, even with Delta.

Loads of graphs in the link to make the story more clear. Bottom line, get the jab. It works.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/state-of-affairs-july-26-2021

In the United States, cases continue to rise with a 170% increase in the past 14 days. Every state has significant case growth, but the surge continues to be driven largely by severe outbreaks in the South. Today, Arkansas is the leader (60 daily cases per 100,000) followed by Louisiana (52 per 100,000) and Florida (49 per 100,000).

Hospitalizations also continue to rise and we are up 58% in the past 14 days. Nevada takes the prize for most hospitalizations (30 per 100,000), followed by Missouri (27 per 100,000) and Florida (26 per 100,000).

Among the highest vaccinated states (Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island), hospitalizations remain stagnant while cases rise. I’m hopeful that this trend will continue.

During the same time, CDC recorded 5,914 breakthrough cases where someone was hospitalized or died. CDC does not report all symptomatic breakthrough cases (i.e. non-hospitalized), so we need to look at the local level too. For example, in Los Angeles County, 0.13% of the vaccinated tested positive. In San Diego, case rates among vaccinated also continue to remain low while unvaccinated cases continue to increase. Vaccines seem to be holding up.

We’re starting to see the Delta leaders (UK, South Africa, Netherlands, etc.) come down from their peaks, which is fantastic news. Every epi curve comes down, even with Delta.
Sorry for being inquisitive - there was rumors about a Latin/South American variant ,worse than Delta ?

Interesting question mate. Got me inquisitive too. Looks like there's two called "Delta Plus" and "Lambda". This is what I found from a few days ago.

https://lens.monash.edu/@coronaviru...l-you-need-to-know-about-the-emerging-strains
The World Health Organisation is correct in stating that “it will never go away”. This said, we have to devise ways to coexist with this new infectious agent, just like we coexist with many other known infectious agents.
If enough people read this ... we will never be able to ''win'' ,is enough cannon fodder to hype the infection into ''FXK THIS'' I want my life back - injections don't/won't help ...

Sorry to hear that. Wishing them well

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

88bb0949b2f1085f1d0648c6e302514f.jpg

A very interesting article (and website) to read…

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/index.php/content/articles/history-anti-vaccination-movements

Extracts:

History of Anti-vaccination Movements

000013_265.jpg

This French caricature from around 1800 shows that fear of vaccination quickly produced reactions among artists.
The Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia

A poisonous tree as metaphor for the effects of smallpox vaccination as seen by anti-vaccinationists in the early 1900s.
000628_265.jpg

Instructions from the (British) Anti-Vaccination League on how to avoid smallpox vaccination mandates, 1913
000630_265.jpg

Health and medical scholars have described vaccination as one of the top ten achievements of public health in the 20th century.[1] Yet, opposition to vaccination has existed as long as vaccination itself[2] (indeed, the pre-vaccination practice of variolation came under criticism as well: see our timeline for details). Critics of vaccination have taken a variety of positions, including opposition to the smallpox vaccine in England and the United States in the mid to late 1800s, and the resulting anti-vaccination leagues; as well as more recent vaccination controversies such as those surrounding the safety and efficacy of the diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (DTP) immunization, the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine, and the use of a mercury-containing preservative called thimerosal.

Dr Phophi Ramathuba, Healthcare MEC for Limpopo visited our district today, SWAMBO took her for a tour of their hospital. It's very "PR" but Phophi really does try to help where she can.

Another one of the "kids" I was talking about has tested positive, but like the first one, he has only lost taste/smell.

Back