Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It all depends on the strain of yeast. Yeasts for wine can go up to 14%. Bread and brewers yeast peak at around 5%.

Distillation is the only way to get the % higher.

And no, your hand sanitisers contain traces of methanol. Not ideal for right now.
And probably wont be able to get wine yeast now during lockdown

I was under the impression that bread yeast died out after around 3% alcohol content? Correct me if I'm wrong, please. It's the reason I've never bothered to try homebrew. I can never be bothered to order brewing yeast.

Also if 3% is the case, is there any way to reduce the concoction to increase its vol? or would one need to distill in order to achieve that?

lastly, can't I just drink my hand sanitizer?

Bread yeast will yield a Less desirable alcoholic content if the purpose is to get knackered.
Brewers yeast and plenty of sugar will get you the running naked down the road. Without distillation.

Curry is King, but doing a traditional English Roast Dinner tonight, got me a leg of Lamb!
Got a jar of Balti Curry sauce in the cupboard, me thinks Lamb Balti with Pilau Rice tomorrow!

IMG_3706[1].jpg

Just finished posting my review on all the various forums and Reddit, then uploaded photos to Instagram. Now time for a few beers!:beer-toast1:

OK. so the President had to make the hard and wise choice to extend the lock down, was not expecting this.

OK. so the President had to make the hard and wise choice to extend the lock down, was not expecting this.
Sometimes it's better to suffer the least of two evils. He's choice was right even though some see it as wrong. You can't please everyone, but this way there will be more people left to complain.:meparto:

Sometimes it's better to suffer the least of two evils. He's choice was right even though some see it as wrong. You can't please everyone, but this way there will be more people left to complain.:meparto:
You are 200 percent correct, it was the hard and the right choice that he made.

I know this is a stretch but anyone know where I can get nic salts in the fourways area by any chance.Didnt plan for a lockdown extension ‍♂️

Day 15- 10:00
My Fiber decided to lock me out of my PC or visa versa- , now that is what you call ''lockdown'' Got a M-WEB techie on the phone very quick , imagine being stranded w/out internet ! JHB is overcast but I don't forsee any rain . With this extension , I don't know if my juice is going to make it , so vaping less and less often .Otherwise nothing to report , To all celebrating Easter , Happy Easter/Pascha .

Day 15- 10:00
My Fiber decided to lock me out of my PC or visa versa- , now that is what you call ''lockdown'' Got a M-WEB techie on the phone very quick , imagine being stranded w/out internet ! JHB is overcast but I don't forsee any rain . With this extension , I don't know if my juice is going to make it , so vaping less and less often .Otherwise nothing to report , To all celebrating Easter , Happy Easter/Pascha .
My fiber locked me out of Playstation network the other day. I thought the kids were going to explode!!

At least i am getting to listen to my CD's, i had forgotten what a great album Queensryche "Operation Mindcrime" is!

Locust 2’s birthday today, so as per his order,
Chili con Carne for supper,
99F2BAAD-323F-40C8-A892-8033B03CC3DC.jpeg
And Carrot cake (gluten free so Locust 1 can enjoy as well) waiting to cool before icing.
12D37661-5ED3-4E19-8F4F-3B80B1650B29.jpeg

Carrot cake is my 2nd favorite dessert, my number 1 is Melktert, with a nice proper biscuit crust. I'll give away my firstborn rights for a decent Melktert.

My wife is a genius and loves baking when she has the time.

Cheesecake... for this weekend...

She says it’s cooling now. Lol I looked at her funny. Clearly I am not a baker. I just know my coils have to cool a bit before putting them under the tap when dry burning. Hehe

1f27876e325f151ba9d71d77c38fb39e.jpg

Back