Lost Vape Mirage battery door not closing

Brommer

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hallo,

As per title, battery door not closing when battery inside. It looks like the pin doesn’t stay recessed when the door is closed. The latch of the door does catch, but it not flush on the bottom. I haven’t unscrewed anything...yet... for a closer look.
Any ideas?

01CD7A26-9E86-47EB-AE00-763B7A54E29D.jpeg

Is this the batt door?
How about a closeup to compare.
lostvape-mirage-review-battery-door.jpg

Hallo,

As per title, battery door not closing when battery inside. It looks like the pin doesn’t stay recessed when the door is closed. The latch of the door does catch, but it not flush on the bottom. I haven’t unscrewed anything...yet... for a closer look.
Any ideas?

View attachment 143982
If it's happening from the device being new and not a problem that has just started then it might be you haven't got the knack as you do need to put a lot of pressure pressing the door shut before sliding the catch but then it shuts very securely.

I agree with @Timwis above, if it's a new device that you're not used to then you will be surprised at how much pressure you need on that door to keep it closed when sliding the catch back into place. On the other hand, if it's a device you've had for a while and you know this already, then maybe it's time to take it back or break out the tools and have a closer look.

I agree with @Timwis above, if it's a new device that you're not used to then you will be surprised at how much pressure you need on that door to keep it closed when sliding the catch back into place. On the other hand, if it's a device you've had for a while and you know this already, then maybe it's time to take it back or break out the tools and have a closer look.

Yup, its not brand new. I know what you mean about the latch.
It was fine, and then after a flight from EU it wasn’t. I just thought maybe someone had the same problem and a solution. It feels like the gold pin doesn’t stay retracted when the battery is inside. Although it is still spring-loaded if I push it with my finger.

Yup, its not brand new. I know what you mean about the latch.
It was fine, and then after a flight from EU it wasn’t. I just thought maybe someone had the same problem and a solution. It feels like the gold pin doesn’t stay retracted when the battery is inside. Although it is still spring-loaded if I push it with my finger.
Ah I see, I have my Mirage next to me right now and know exactly what you're talking about. Not sure what would cause it, prodded and poked mine a few times (latch and spring pin) and can't really see what the cause would be. Wish I could help more, hope you get sorted soon.

No probs @Anvil I will hopefully have time over the weekend to investigate further.
Thanks for the input!

No probs @Anvil I will hopefully have time over the weekend to investigate further.
Thanks for the input!
If it's still under warranty make sure you don't let that lapse before contacting Lost Vape and getting it sorted, the Mirage is too nice to just let go to mod heaven.

B
Hallo,

Any ideas?

View attachment 143982
Bro check with another battery.if still the same check the hinge. It cant can jetlagged

Ahh! See that protuding pin...if it locks when you press on it then either you battery is too long,or you not pressing hard enough

What battery have you got in there ?
Have you tried with a 20700, 21700, and perhaps an 18650 with the adapter?

Just wondering if a slightly wider battery (21700) is not getting stuck or caught on the insides somewhere.

There would / should be much more pressure from the top battery connector inside the mod than from the smaller gold pin that's visible at the bottom.
If it's the bottom pin, you should have the same effect if you close the door with no battery inserted.

I use a 21700. The battery is not the problem. I am now thinking the issue is near the 510 pin, there is slight movement when I close the door.
Need to find that weird star shaped screw driver to open it up.

Before we copied everything American it was spline.It the word torx appeared a few years back.probably after a manufacturer

I use a 21700. The battery is not the problem. I am now thinking the issue is near the 510 pin, there is slight movement when I close the door.
Need to find that weird star shaped screw driver to open it up.
It's funny you mention this. The entire 510 plate on my Mirage got horribly loose within 3 days of buying it. Thankfully it didn't have an effect on the battery or battery door (I also only use 21700s). I took it to a friend who had the correct torx set and he showed me that a few screws were not properly tight, so maybe this is the cause of your issue as well. It took all of 5 minutes to get everything tightened properly and I've never had it happen again.

Back