M7 X 0.5 Tap

Gazzacpt

Apprentice Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all

Has anyone managed to source a M7 x 0.5 metric fine tap locally I have tried Somta tools and a few other places. Had some offers to have one made that just made my eyes bleed when I saw the price.

So do I need to import one ?

i'll phone the 3 numbers i got last week, or else we might need to import yeah

Cool thanks. All the okes ask me why do you need such a fine pitch on a big bolt. I didn't bother explaining.

My brother-in-law has one coming hopefully tomorrow. Its just the tap for the female 510 connector. Still need to get the die though.

Looking to build out own mod!

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

not so much interested in the die, just the tap for making the holes. the die is more for when you're making your own tanks isn't it? or have i mixed the two around again? :)

not so much interested in the die, just the tap for making the holes. the die is more for when you're making your own tanks isn't it? or have i mixed the two around again? :)

Nope spot on tap for threading the hole

My brother-in-law has one coming hopefully tomorrow. Its just the tap for the female 510 connector. Still need to get the die though.

Looking to build out own mod!

Please do tell where you are getting it from.

Yes I bought the other day from a local company here... Fields. Think it was about R80.

I tapped a few the other day into aluminium.

Make sure you use some cutting paste. I messed up 2 holes until I bought some cutting paste then they went in like a dream.

Yes I bought the other day from a local company here... Fields. Think it was about R80.
Thats some good news do you have contact details for that company please Mr W

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Sorry guys... just spoke to them and they don't keep M7 0.5mm.

The one I got was M3 0.5mm. :confused:

They only stock M7 in 1mm.

Ours was sourced from a local engineering shop. Didnt know but enineering shops sells engineering tools and spares also, they dont just do engineering. So go check out your local engineering shops.

Ours was sourced from a local engineering shop. Didnt know but enineering shops sells engineering tools and spares also, they dont just do engineering. So go check out your local engineering shops.

Been looking and calling everywhere I can get M7 in 0.75 or 1.0mm pitch but not 0.5

And wouldn't it be easier if I just get you a pre-wired 510 connector?

510-connector.jpg

And wouldn't it be easier if I just get you a pre-wired 510 connector?

510-connector.jpg

Wish it where that easy, I need one to rethread a mech head thats stripped but then I can also use it to make atty stands. I think @CraftyZA was looking for one to so that makes 3 of us so far

Wish it where that easy, I need one to rethread a mech head thats stripped but then I can also use it to make atty stands. I think @CraftyZA was looking for one to so that makes 3 of us so far

Ok, googling to understand taps now

So you are looking for a M7 with a pitch of 0.5 - any requirement on the thread length?

Ok, googling to understand taps now

So you are looking for a M7 with a pitch of 0.5 - any requirement on the thread length?
Nah all we need is 10mm max and most do that. If you check the link that will give you most of the detail you need. Thanks @Derick.

so far all the places i phoned do not have, the last guy on my list is going to phone me back and let me know if his supplier can get it or make it. making it up sounds a wee bit expensive though

so far all the places i phoned do not have, the last guy on my list is going to phone me back and let me know if his supplier can get it or make it. making it up sounds a wee bit expensive though
The quote I got was for thousands as I said the numbers made my eyes bleed.

Lets see if @Derick can get hold of some I saw some on amazon from a company called CTC but shipping is insane.

M7 x 0.5 are classified under Metric Fine taps & dies, - seems that SA engineering tool shops only stock M7 x 1 as most of you already reported.

@Derick I presume you would want this to be a group buy type thing so we should get a count ? Its not something you would stock and there is not a big call for it.

Back