Mech Mod Wanted

Nemesis. Without a doubt.

Low voltage drop, tubes for 18650, 18500/490, 18350 or either with a kick. In 18650 with kick it is comparable to a Sigelei Zmax in 18350!

The Fasstech clone is pretty perfect but I've heard that the Hcigar version is better. I think @Gizmo might be bringing in Hcigar clones by month end...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

i got a question, arent all the mech mods basically the same? its just the design on the outside that makes them different?

i can sense myself buying a mech mod very soon, so im very eager to learn before buying one

afaik, you would definitely want as many possibilities as possible. as @RawRam_cpt said....look for optional kick and/or vapesafe fitting. you may not want or need it now...but who knows. that is at least what i looked for when i chose ;)
also look for different battery sizes that can fit your mech. even if you are using 18650's now....you might want to go 18350's later, for stealth vaping :cool:

Riaz, they are not all the same as some have better conductivity than others. You would normally be looking for something with low voltage drop. Some of these Chinese clones are really absolutely horrible and almost unvapable due to the voltage drop....which means it is like vaping with a flat battery when inserting a freshly charged one due to the drop in voltage to the atomizer under load...

afaik, I agree with Tom, a Nemesis is a very nice mech mod to start with because....what he said! :)

thanks Jacques34

is the nemesis clone a good place to start?

thanks Jacques34

is the nemesis clone a good place to start?
I got one last week, loving it! but did not go scientific with it, i.e. measuring volt drop...just like the finishes, size, threads going smooth.

I got one last week, loving it! but did not go scientific with it, i.e. measuring volt drop...just like the finishes, size, threads going smooth.

where did u buy it from if i may ask?

Question? You can not change wattage so if you vape a fresh 4.2 v bat with a 1 ohm coil you vaping at 17watt? Wow isint that high?. Even worse if you go with a .5 ohm coil? 35watts

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Afaik, I would definitely recommend the Nemesis. It can take all sizes batteries and fit a kick with 18350 and 18500, which means it would work in all configurations. It has a 22mm diameter, which means most rba's will look good on it. You can upgrade the switch to magnetic too, meaning you can get some experience with magnetic and spring loaded switches decide what you prefer. For the money that the clone costs, you wont find anything much cheaper with the same functionality and quality.

Wud you please do that Tom if you get a chance

??? meaning to go scientific? nope, don't have the gear for that....old fashioned statement: it vapes like a steam engine on steroids :eek:

Afaik, I would definitely recommend the Nemesis. It can take all sizes batteries and fit a kick with 18350 and 18500, which means it would work in all configurations. It has a 22mm diameter, which means most rba's will look good on it. You can upgrade the switch to magnetic too, meaning you can get some experience with magnetic and spring loaded switches decide what you prefer. For the money that the clone costs, you wont find anything much cheaper with the same functionality and quality.
what he said

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Newbie alert:

Seems as the Nemesis is a good device, especially as a starting point to a mech mod. I see the Chi You can also handle the same battery configurations as the Nemesis. Any of the experienced mech peeps have any opinions between the Nemesis and the Chi You?

Space_Cowboy, I would definitely recommend the Nemesis over the Chi You. The Chi You is a nice clone, but the Nemesis hits harder and I like the design much more. It can really become a pain when changing atomizers on the Chi You with adjusting the pin until you get no more battery rattle. Sometimes when an atomizer doesn't have and adjustable pin, you have to unscrew the centre pin screw to such an extent that it is almost falling out to get your battery to sit snug. The Nemesis automatically compensates for this by just screwing the bottom switch in deeper. The Nemesis is a 22mm mod where the Chi You is 23mm. I have found that more RBA's are 22mm than 23mm and this will leave a part of the top cap showing past the atomizer. If you are for instance going to be looking at putting a kayfun 3.1 or kayfun lite on your mod, which is a great rba for a beginner because it is so easy to set up in comparison, the Nemesis is a no brainer. It is as if they were made for each other...

JM22 has some of the best machining i've seen on a clone. I though my ithaka clone was high quality. You should see this thing. If you are not in a hurry, I will take some photos tonight with my slr. They are phenomenal!
The center pin is fully adjustable as well, so you can mount a myriad of tanks and drippers on there, and everything can flush mounts, since the pin can adjust.

*Edit*
I dropped mine while running so save the neighbours dog. The switch was damaged. I like this mod so much, that I'm buying another one!
The only down side for me with this mod is the soft spring at the switch. This is an easy fix by simply replacing the spring with something a little stronger.

JM22 has some of the best machining i've seen on a clone. I though my ithaka clone was high quality. You should see this thing. If you are not in a hurry, I will take some photos tonight with my slr. They are phenomenal!
The center pin is fully adjustable as well, so you can mount a myriad of tanks and drippers on there, and everything can flush mounts, since the pin can adjust.

*Edit*
I dropped mine while running so save the neighbours dog. The switch was damaged. I like this mod so much, that I'm buying another one!
The only down side for me with this mod is the soft spring at the switch. This is an easy fix by simply replacing the spring with something a little stronger.
true what crafty says only beef I have with the jm22 is the switch if they used a stronger spring this mod would be perfect
yqututyr.jpg
its the 1st one on the left

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Like all the other said, go for the Nemesis clone. The one on Fasttech is just perfect, and it hits hard.
@The Golf, remember, with a mech, you will be using rebuildable drippers and rebuildable atomizers, so for many the idea is to get as much Watts as possible. The old 8W range is mostly for tanks like the protank, cartomizers etc, but with RDA and RBA you can, and possibly would want to, push the Watts way higher than that. I use 1ohm dual coils in my Igo-W, which will give you 17.6W on a fresh batt pulling 4.2A. Only thing to remember is you batts can only handle a certain Amp load. Most 18650 brand name imr batts is around 10A, but nowadays we get 30A batts for those super low ohms!

Good advice from the forumites, @The Golf. When I researched a mech tube mod some time ago, my results were K100, Smoktech Magneto and Nemesis. Got the K100 from Fasttech eventually. Still going strong, never has given any problems. Not using it much other than to pulse the coils on my Reomizer. I now like the idea of a magnetic switch like on the Magneto or the kit you can buy for the Nemesis. Had a quick look on the ECF site, and they also recommend any of those 3 as good, reasonably priced mods.

Like all the other said, go for the Nemesis clone. The one on Fasttech is just perfect, and it hits hard.
@The Golf, remember, with a mech, you will be using rebuildable drippers and rebuildable atomizers, so for many the idea is to get as much Watts as possible. The old 8W range is mostly for tanks like the protank, cartomizers etc, but with RDA and RBA you can, and possibly would want to, push the Watts way higher than that. I use 1ohm dual coils in my Igo-W, which will give you 17.6W on a fresh batt pulling 4.2A. Only thing to remember is you batts can only handle a certain Amp load. Most 18650 brand name imr batts is around 10A, but nowadays we get 30A batts for those super low ohms!

Just keep in mind, your battery reads 4.2 of the multimeter. Under load it would read roughly 3.7 volts. Keep in mind you have a voltage drop. This is due(and dependant) to the resistance of the coil.

But like everyone says is the difference btwn say 3.9v and 3.6v that different. is it really that much weaker or worse. Does it then rather make sence to regulate the voltage or wattage

But like everyone says is the difference btwn say 3.9v and 3.6v that different. is it really that much weaker or worse. Does it then rather make sence to regulate the voltage or wattage

For me it is detectable at at 0.5 volts
Where the drop really gets important, is when you calculate minimum coil resistance. Then it is imperative that you have the right value.
Even if you do, still work in a 15% safty margin.
You only have 1 face.

As soon as you regulate you lose the advantage of a mech - wattage beyond 15W, but always with @CraftyZA 's warning in mind. An electronic (regulated) mod just cannot give you the flavour, vapour and throat hit that a well set up mech mod can, imho.

Back