Merlin Mini RTA By Augvape Review

392d395bfc43fc3f59b50fa331a3407f.jpg

It seems that you've left a gap over here.

The Merlin Mini does not have juice flow control
That needs a correction, it most definitely does have juice control.
After screwing down the tank, back up the body slightly, only 2 of the 4 juice slots will open though so you have to be careful.
Im using the smallest airflow insert with 5.5 wraps of 28/32 clapton @ 0.673 ohms, 46.4watts.
The flavour is slightly better than the Kayfun 5 and possibly the Rose V3, but way better to build on and refill than either.

*EDIT* After feedback from Augvape via @daniel craig it seems that my intial assumption regarding the juice control was wrong and the tank designer did not include juice flow facility.
The air bubbles detach just fine with the tank fully screwed down and flavour isnt harmed in the process.

ps. I seem to have a habit of over analysing and sometimes complicating things. :)

half open.
half.JPG

Fully open.
full.JPG

Last edited:
That needs a correction, it most definitely does have juice control.
After screwing down the tank, back up the body slightly, only 2 of the 4 juice slots will open though so you have to be careful.
Im using the smallest airflow insert with 5.5 wraps of 28/32 clapton @ 0.673 ohms, 46.4watts.
The flavour is slightly better than the Kayfun 5 and possibly the Rose V3, but way better to build on and refill than either.

half open.
View attachment 78689

Fully open.
View attachment 78690
I had no idea they open with the dual deck it seemed to be fully open but I had no idea I could control it. Thanks for that info, I will correct my post.

@blujeenz How did you control the juice flow?
When you attach the tank to the mod, all slots are closed.
Then I hold the bottom airflow ring on the mod with the left hand and gently rotate the glass and top cap with the right... anti-clockwise.

Bearing in mind I'm using the single coil deck which is why I only have 2 juice slots open, it will be all 4 with the dual coil deck.

When you attach the tank to the mod, all slots are closed.
Then I hold the bottom airflow ring on the mod with the left hand and gently rotate the glass and top cap with the right... anti-clockwise.

Bearing in mind I'm using the single coil deck which is why I only have 2 juice slots open, it will be all 4 with the dual coil deck.
Thanks for that. I had no idea that it had JFC. With all JFC closed I've had 0 dry hits

Okay so as it turns out the smallest airflow is firstly a little too tight even for me! I blame that on my recent toying with the SM25. I found that also killed the fruit in XXX and really accentuated the menthol flavours.

Enjoying it on the next airflow adaptor though! Not convinced it will replace an STM for me, but time will tell.

With al these nice tanks coming in at 24mm plus, I now find my mod collection looking pretty lowly, going to have to start looking for wider mods now... I thought I had finished this cycle!

Okay so as it turns out the smallest airflow is firstly a little too tight even for me! I blame that on my recent toying with the SM25. I found that also killed the fruit in XXX and really accentuated the menthol flavours.

Enjoying it on the next airflow adaptor though! Not convinced it will replace an STM for me, but time will tell.

With al these nice tanks coming in at 24mm plus, I now find my mod collection looking pretty lowly, going to have to start looking for wider mods now... I thought I had finished this cycle!
The smallest insert is a really tight draw with appeals to those who love a MTL draw. At the moment I'm using mine in MTL config and yes the flavor isn't as good as it is without the insert and that's expected. Use it for a week and post your thoughts on it

The smallest insert is a really tight draw with appeals to those who love a MTL draw. At the moment I'm using mine in MTL config and yes the flavor isn't as good as it is without the insert and that's expected. Use it for a week and post your thoughts on it
I'll try, but this overhang is embarrassing!!

Back