Mini Drill Set

Could someone recommend a place in SA to get a precision drill set? I'm looking for drill bits from about 1.0mm to 2.5mm and in 0.1mm increments, as well as maybe a mini wireless hand drill to use with them. It doesn't have to be electric.

I found this: Amazon product ASIN B010AZT4PG
And this: Amazon product ASIN B000VNPRNQ
Would rather get locally though.
@chamberlane ,what do you plan to use the drill for? If it's to twist wire the one pictured is probably sufficient. If you plan to drill through wood or metal then I'd look at some w/ more power.

That drill you are referring to is actually a specialty tool used in the electronics world to drill PCB's. It is in fact called a PCB drill. Try a shop like communica or RS components. If that doesn't pan out give me a shout. My mother in law has a wholesalers license and thus I have access to an enormous range of tools etc at rock bottom prices. If you don't come right Ill go through all of her catalogs.

I have used my dremel in the past to widen air holes on a few tanks, the triangular shaped diamond bit works like a charm

upload_2015-9-22_8-22-35.png

In order to preserve the drill bit sharpness and lifespan you need to follow a few rules.

Always use lubricant it can be water or oil or if you're a backyard mechanic use spit.

Drill metal at low speed or your will overheat the tip and it will wear out. I like to have a cup of water on hand and dip the bit into that to cool it down.

Drill metal at low speed or your will overheat the tip and it will wear out.
These pin vises you twist with your hands. Now that I say that out loud I don't think I'll make it through steel. Brass np.

I second the Dremel options.
They have loads of accessories, so will be usefull for many applications, and drilling will just be one part of what it can do. Some of their other cutting bits are useful for enlarging juice holes.

A Dremel is one of the most valuable tools you can get. Invest in the original and you will never look back.

I tried a few cheapie China mini drills and they all were dismal. They never kept a decent rpm and most didn't have enough power to drill evenly through wood.

I used to do a lot of custom work on pool cues, and the Dremel works amazingly!

Then when I started with the lotus build it was perfect for fabricating small brackets and polishing up bits , now that I'm onto the next car build the Dremel is a permanent member of my tool box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back