Models and Planes

gripen

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
we are busy restoring buccaneer 421 at swartkops air force museum and wanted to show everyone how we are making progress.
10052014937.jpg

Lol @gripen when I saw the title of this thread I thought I was going to see small model planes - loke the ones you build in your room and put on display in your house

Wow, that is amazing.

Thanks for sharing

the first photo is buccaneer 424.it was retired just as is and was pulled into the hanger and is stil in very good shape.its in the 3rd color scheme witch is extra dark sea gray at the top and prue blue at the botom.

this is our restoration we are busy with buccaneer421
002.jpg

she was left in wind and rain heat and dust,even had a hanger collapsing on her,she has taken a beating and yet she is still here

Is this just your hobby?
Or do you restore planes for a living?
Just curious
Remarkable

hi @Silver i wanted to become a fighter pilot on the cheetah c,but life has its bumps and bends so that did not happen.my dad in law was on 24sqw during the bush war and when he told me about the buccaneer restoration i jumped at the opportunity.so instead of flying it im restoring,i actually build fihter models as a hob y been doing it since i was 6

silver if you want to check out the buccaneer in life we are working on it on 7 February at swartkops airforce museum at hanger12

7th Feb? I am definitely going to miss it again. we have a major project running during feb :(

Here is a couple of my handy works. The Spitfire is a replica of Evelyn a second world war SAAF spitfire used as recon plane during the war. She served in Italy as part of the Alied campaign. The blue belly was for cammo against the sky and the top was kept camo to hide from planes flying over head as she was used mainly for low level recons, she was named after the pilots wife. the first pic is the actual plane.

download (1).jpg

2014-10-21_11.16.44[1].jpg 20140916_235329[1].jpg 20141019_215626[1].jpg IMG-20140918-WA0007[1].jpg IMG-20140918-WA0009[1].jpg IMG-20140918-WA0011[1].jpg

That's a bummer @Arthster won't be the same without you at the buccaneer restoration.thanks for adding the photos off you're models they look good as always

Wow @Arthster - that is amazing
So much detail in that model.

You must find building coils and figuring out atties quite an easy task after doing something like that
Lol

hi @Silver i wanted to become a fighter pilot on the cheetah c,but life has its bumps and bends so that did not happen.my dad in law was on 24sqw during the bush war and when he told me about the buccaneer restoration i jumped at the opportunity.so instead of flying it im restoring,i actually build fihter models as a hob y been doing it since i was 6

Thanks for the headsup @gripen
At least you are close to your passion though.
That photo of your son with the hammer is classic!!

Hahaha @Silver it is I love working on the bucc and my son as well.yeah I think he had a big problem and decided to use the hammer

@Rogue zombie it is one hell of an experience.working on the saaf's best lo level bomber.truly owesum

Wynand's favorite tool is the hammer... simple but effective :D

Wow @Arthster - that is amazing
So much detail in that model.

You must find building coils and figuring out atties quite an easy task after doing something like that
Lol

I love working with my hand, but I work in IT so the models and the buccaneer and the coil building all helps to keep my grounded and sane :D

jist want to shear a few work in progress models.
12032014828.jpg 13032014829.jpg 060620141081.jpg 100920141327.jpg

hi @Arthster the first and second photo are both the F15c eagle.it fools you when you look at them without the canopy,but the space behind the ejection seat is for the batteries and radio bay

just a few more photos of buccaneer 421,we have removed some of the instruments to clean
020820141128.jpg 020820141140.jpg 060920141291.jpg 015.jpeg

Back