Mr. Hardwicks' - Juice and Hardshots Reviews

One of my advs! I love it! Not over bearing on flavor and affordable. It's awesome!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I also enjoy this juice, however the Jellybean Crush for me is better. Have you tried that ?

I assume its popular, its always sold out in most places before any of the other flavors.

I also enjoy this juice, however the Jellybean Crush for me is better. Have you tried that ?

I assume its popular, its always sold out in most places before any of the other flavors.
I like that juice as well. But I'm moving more toward ices now. I just can't vape much else unfortunately. Very hard.

Hardshots_Pie_Hi_Res_4_large.png

Mr Hardwick's Rodeo Hardshot (sublime pipe tobacco) has earned a permanent atomizer and mod in my arsenal.

None of the apple-ish juices I have tried so far have appealed to me at all. Was, thus, with some hesitation that I bought a bottle of Mr Hardwick's Easy As Pie (apple pie like the old McDonald's fried one), but my experience with Rodeo finally convinced.

Some time during last week I loaded the Reo Mini, vaping at around 18W. And loved it from the very fist toot. As vapers you know that feeling - the almost suprised ooooh and smug satisfaction when the first toot is beyond your expectations. Then the next hurdle - will the initial satisfaction keep, will it not be too sweet in the long run, can this be an ADV? After around 5 days of vaping it, I have come to the conclusion that Easy As Pie is the best bakery juice I have ever tried. No doubt an ADV for me - it will be my @RichJB's Cannelloni. My taste impressions so far:

The pastry is light and fluffy and not too fried. The apple is cooked, but not overcooked and still very bright. The spices are where they should be - in the background - complementary. The icing is just a light dusting, making for the perfect finish and never too sweet. Perfectly balanced and far better than the real thing can ever be.

Highly recommended, even if you are not an apple or apple pie fan.

100%agreement on this one @Andre , have to stock up on the Rodeo again, but these will stay in my rotation, especially the
Limelight pipe once the batteries arrive,:D

Hardshots_Pie_Hi_Res_4_large.png

Mr Hardwick's Rodeo Hardshot (sublime pipe tobacco) has earned a permanent atomizer and mod in my arsenal.

None of the apple-ish juices I have tried so far have appealed to me at all. Was, thus, with some hesitation that I bought a bottle of Mr Hardwick's Easy As Pie (apple pie like the old McDonald's fried one), but my experience with Rodeo finally convinced.

Some time during last week I loaded the Reo Mini, vaping at around 18W. And loved it from the very fist toot. As vapers you know that feeling - the almost suprised ooooh and smug satisfaction when the first toot is beyond your expectations. Then the next hurdle - will the initial satisfaction keep, will it not be too sweet in the long run, can this be an ADV? After around 5 days of vaping it, I have come to the conclusion that Easy As Pie is the best bakery juice I have ever tried. No doubt an ADV for me - it will be my @RichJB's Cannelloni. My taste impressions so far:

The pastry is light and fluffy and not too fried. The apple is cooked, but not overcooked and still very bright. The spices are where they should be - in the background - complementary. The icing is just a light dusting, making for the perfect finish and never too sweet. Perfectly balanced and far better than the real thing can ever be.

Highly recommended, even if you are not an apple or apple pie fan.

Joel is an amazing mixer, he never puts out a bad juice.
Great feedback @Andre

I bought a bottle of easy as pie one shot and seems I have missed something. Mixed it as recommended and it seems way off. I generally like dessert juices so was surprised. Based on the comments I can only think I got a bad badge cause has a fairly strong “chemical” smell. Thought it needing more steeping and have had it for probably around 2 months with intermediate tasting and still don’t get the taste others are getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all

This is my first review of a Mr Hardwicks juice. For those who don't know, Mr Hardwicks is a local juice company run by @method1. He is a fantastic guy and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to juices. Mr Hardwicks has been a supporting vendor on the forum for some time.

The juice I have been spending time with is none other than Debbie Does Donuts (DDD). I got a taste of it a while back and then got two bottles from @method1 at the last Vape Meet. I got the 12mg and 18mg strengths. I paid R300 for the two bottles. They are 32ml each. So that's R150 for 32ml. I have been vaping it for the past few weeks in several devices. For review purposes I have focused on the 12mg version.

MR HARDWICKS - Debbie Does Donuts (12mg)

Bottom line - I love this juice for its authentic freshly baked doughnut taste. The granular texture makes it feel like you are eating a fresh chocolate doughnut. Very satisfying. It's a winner in my book! I will certainly be ordering again.

View attachment 50663

The juice has a dark orange colour. It has an incredibly authentic smell. Smells just like a chocolate doughnut. As if you were in a bakery - with that tasty doughy aroma. My goodness, this juice smells awesome. Makes you want to eat it.

On the vape, I get a chocolaty doughnut taste which is very similar to eating the real thing.

I have always loved chocolate doughnuts and especially the ones made in the Pick n Pay bakery, which I treat myself to every few weeks. (pictured above). Vaping this juice tastes a lot like that doughnut.

For me it's a deeper chocolate taste with a background of freshly baked doughnut. They are well balanced. The chocolate is mild (not overpowering) and is quite deep. It's not artificial tasting. The doughnut part is delicious. It's the only juice I have vaped where I properly get that "doughy bread" bakery taste. I also get a little bit of creaminess and occasionally a feint doughnut sourness. It all works very well together. I do get a bit more of the doughnut on the exhale, especially through the nose. The flavour strengths are perfect in my opinion. Not too strong or too weak.

DDD is definitely a sweetish and fairly rich vape - but it's not too sweet, just right. It's a wettish and warm vape. I find it natural tasting.

Throat hit was surprisingly good for me despite it being a 70% VG juice and me only using the 12mg. (I am used to 18mg). It definitely satisfied the nic cravings! Vapour production was also very good.

What contributes to making this juice special is its granular texture. It feels as if there are doughy granules in the vapour, which enhances the doughnut taste for me. Makes me want to eat it. Very authentic indeed!

The aftertaste is mild. Occasionally I got that doughnut taste lingering for a bit which I enjoyed. I found myself licking my lips a few times.

It's quite a rich vape so not an all-dayer for me. But that does not detract from it at all. I enjoyed this on several occasions with coffee in the mornings (felt like I was eating a chocolate doughnut with my coffee). I also found it particularly pleasing after meals as a dessert of sorts. In addition, I vaped it regularly when I was in need of a good nic hit.

I don't normally vape this kind of juice and wasn't expecting to enjoy it much. But I was very surprised. I enjoyed it more the more I vaped it and with fine tuning of my equipment. I don't have much to compare it to but all I can say is that if you like chocolate doughnuts or even just plain doughnuts and you want to experience that fresh bakery taste, give DDD a try.

Mouth to Lung versus Lung Hit

This juice vaped well in my equipment. I tried it in both mouth to lung (MTL) style on a Reo/RM2 and direct lung hit style on a Reo/Nuppin. I tried two different coil setups in each.

For this juice I far preferred MTL on the RM2
  • MTL (RM2) - I found it to be sweeter and richer, more granular and with more concentrated flavour. I got that doughy bakery taste far better with mouth to lung on the RM2.
  • Lung Hit (Nuppin) - I did not enjoy this as much with direct lung hits. I found it lighter, less chocolaty and I didn't get that "thick doughy" taste I was getting from the MTL.
For me the best setup on the RM2 was a 29g Kanthal paracoil - 1.6mmID - at 0.45 ohms - using Jap Cotton wick.

Packaging:
  • Good packaging overall and has a nice design
  • Dark amber glass bottle with a "child deterrent" cap and a good thin-nosed glass dropper.
  • The labelling is good. Perhaps a criticism is that the juice name and nic strength is a bit too small. I did not see the PG/VG ratio.
Equipment used:
  • REO Grand/RM2 - 0.45 ohm para-coil - Jap Cotton wick - (30 to 39 Watts, depending on battery level)
  • REO Grand/Nuppin1 - 0.52 ohm para-coil - Jap Cotton wick - (26 to 34 Watts, depending on battery level)
I love me a good donut vape.It is too bad for me that this is a local (for you) juice cuz I'd love to try some.I guess I'll have to stick with Loaded Glazed Donut a favorite donut vape of mine.Luckily I've found a site that sells it for 11 bucks plus 3 dollars shipping ,a great price for 120ml. I'm gonna order some right now as you've whet my appetite.

Aargh man this juice has got me going back and forth.

I used to review Videogames, for a very long time. In doing so, I came to a credo when drawing a conclusion - it was either badly made (rubbish), OR it wasn't to my liking. When "putting pen to paper", I was careful to make that conclusion clear when I wasn't necessarily enjoying a game.

This Mango Sticky Rice - beautifully balanced, brilliant full mouthfeel and on point. It deserves to be enjoyed. However, and this is a personal taste, I sometimes can't get past the slight savoury note from the Rice. In my culture, we have a Rice Pudding that is similar to a milk tart tasting cream with rice (made for puddings). It took me years to appreciate it as a "pudding", because my childish palette was used to the obvious pudding types - cold, sweet as heck puddings. I even battled with Malva pudding because it was warm.

The oriental are know for a little savoury with their sweets. And this recipe is on point. It is what it set out to be. A STICKY COCONUT RICE PUDDING garnished with Mango. It does an excellent job at that. The ingredients are well balance, compliment each other well etc. etc.

I vaped this for hours. At first I was a little "bothered" by the slight savoury rice aspect, but loved the rest. After a hour or so, the savoury note became full on "sticky Coconut infused rice pudding" and I loved it. The Mango finish - not overly so - is a great finish.

However, tonight when I went back to it, I am trying to get past a ever so slight savoury note again...

So, I would prefer that brilliant Rice ingredient smothered in sweet, creaminess, where its texture is no longer an issue for me. That is not to say this is a bad recipe - on the contrary, I think its brilliant. For me, I will probably vape it every now and then, when I am looking for something "different". While it's not my favourite, I suspect it will be for many others. I'm apparently, still childish when its comes to pudding.

I will however enjoy this when I am feeling grown up and exotic :)

Aargh man this juice has got me going back and forth.

I used to review Videogames, for a very long time. In doing so, I came to a credo when drawing a conclusion - it was either badly made (rubbish), OR it wasn't to my liking. When "putting pen to paper", I was careful to make that conclusion clear when I wasn't necessarily enjoying a game.

This Mango Sticky Rice - beautifully balanced, brilliant full mouthfeel and on point. It deserves to be enjoyed. However, and this is a personal taste, I sometimes can't get past the slight savoury note from the Rice. In my culture, we have a Rice Pudding that is similar to a milk tart tasting cream with rice (made for puddings). It took me years to appreciate it as a "pudding", because my childish palette was used to the obvious pudding types - cold, sweet as heck puddings. I even battled with Malva pudding because it was warm.

The oriental are know for a little savoury with their sweets. And this recipe is on point. It is what it set out to be. A STICKY COCONUT RICE PUDDING garnished with Mango. It does an excellent job at that. The ingredients are well balance, compliment each other well etc. etc.

I vaped this for hours. At first I was a little "bothered" by the slight savoury rice aspect, but loved the rest. After a hour or so, the savoury note became full on "sticky Coconut infused rice pudding" and I loved it. The Mango finish - not overly so - is a great finish.

However, tonight when I went back to it, I am trying to get past a ever so slight savoury note again...

So, I would prefer that brilliant Rice ingredient smothered in sweet, creaminess, where its texture is no longer an issue for me. That is not to say this is a bad recipe - on the contrary, I think its brilliant. For me, I will probably vape it every now and then, when I am looking for something "different". While it's not my favourite, I suspect it will be for many others. I'm apparently, still childish when its comes to pudding.

I will however enjoy this when I am feeling grown up and exotic :)
Thanks for the feedback.

I’m still gonna grab one and whip it up. Like you say, it’s either gonna be a favorite or an “every now again when something different is needed”

Thanks for the feedback.

I’m still gonna grab one and whip it up. Like you say, it’s either gonna be a favorite or an “every now again when something different is needed”

Definitely worth getting. And like I said, I think others will like it more than I do. Different preferences etc.

Well if you look at all the reviews on ATF, others definitely like it more than me :)

Definitely worth getting. And like I said, I think others will like it more than I do. Different preferences etc.

Well if you look at all the reviews on ATF, others definitely like it more than me :)
It’s in my cart along with half of blck vapor so payday tomorrow can’t come soon enough :-D

Back