MTL device for wifey to give up stinkies?

herb1

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey peeps,

Wifey has decided that she wanna kick the stinkies, so...

...i'm looking for a nice MTL device for her - I have a Drag and a Lux but they're both DTL setups & she duzn't like them.

the MTL device would need to utilise nic salts and have some sort of either cheap coil or rebuildable one.

Recommendations?

I for one hate nic salts. It just tastes too chemically for me. The TWISP CUE has been working well for the wife and I so far but I'll look to purchase a TWISP Atom at Vapecon this year (just a bit more affordable and allows a greater variety of flavours).

Hey peeps,

...i'm looking for a nice MTL device for her - I have a Drag and a Lux but they're both DTL setups & she duzn't like them.

the MTL device would need to utilise nic salts and have some sort of either cheap coil or rebuildable one.

Recommendations?
Hi @herb1 maybe get her a nice new mod with a Siren v 2, the Siren is a perfect MTL and it is super easy to build on plus you can use Nic Salts in it but I don't like the stuff . Then give Twisp Cubano a go juice is a 18mg nic juice or the lighter edition taste wise is Twisp Tobacco also 18mg nic. This should help her alot.

Last edited:
Twisp cue.not refillable bit works a charm and you can get anything else that's refillable as a secondary mod.some members rate the sourin air as good too

Hey peeps,

Recommendations?
I would highly recommend an Aspire Breeze 2 pod device with a 1 ohm coil. Use this with nicotine salt Eliquids and it will definitely help with quitting. Nicotine salts are very effective in helping you to quit smoking cigarettes. The Juul in the US is proof of this.

Definitely give this option a go. It's more convenient than getting an RTA and having to deal with building and wicking. The coils are inexpensive and last a while. Since you are going to be using nicotine salts, you tend to vape less and therefore the coils will last a long while.

The nicotine strength I'd recommend is 20 or 25mg and you can go higher or lower from there depending on whether or not it's satisfying.

I would highly recommend an Aspire Breeze 2 pod device with a 1 ohm coil. Use this with nicotine salt Eliquids and it will definitely help with quitting. Nicotine salts are very effective in helping you to quit smoking cigarettes. The Juul in the US is proof of this.

Definitely give this option a go. It's more convenient than getting an RTA and having to deal with building and wicking. The coils are inexpensive and last a while. Since you are going to be using nicotine salts, you tend to vape less and therefore the coils will last a long while.

The nicotine strength I'd recommend is 20 or 25mg and you can go higher or lower from there depending on whether or not it's satisfying.
One more vote from me for the aspire breeze.

+1 on the Cue the new Vladdin is also a good option and has refillable pods. I'm a big fan of the ceramic coils still don't trust the Nic salts with coils so ceramic is the next best safe option for that imo.....

I've been using the vaporesso nexus as my second mtl device lately (like a pod but replaceable coils and refillable tank). It's small as USB drive shaped. Not as small as others like the mini fit.
Battery is built in and rated at 650mah, and easily lasts a day of heavy use, probably two days or more with regular use.
It's takes nic salts or normal juice, and works well with vg at 70% or even hugger if you must.

To help with getting off the stinkies, tobacco flavoured juices are usually recommended, but I really enjoyed my minty and iced juices when I quit the smokes.

I wouldn't mind selling it if you want something in brand new condition, and I have a box of 5 coils to include in the sale.

Otherwise, I'm certain that you will find great deals at vapecon if you are going.

Lastly, a regulated single battery mod with an rta like siren v2 (mentioned above) or the vandy vape berserker Mini, will be your best for max mtl flavour along with the benefits of being rebuildable.

Oh, the sauron air, and the aspire breeze 2 are also great pod alternatives too.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

@herb1 take your wife to a twisp kiosk first and make sure you try the tobacco in pure or signature version then feel free to explore your other options.
the vega tank,the arcus tank also does what it says and you have the guarantee of after sales service.
You have all the info now and the decision lies with you.
Let us know what you decided to do.

Cue works great especially for someone that wants to get of the stinkies but it is a bit strong! I used mine a couple of times but from most people i have recommended it to which has bought a cue and used it said that its too strong and went back to stinkies.

Perhaps @Twisp should look at making them with lower nic content as well so that users has options on buying 24mg or perhaps 18mg cause not everyone wants that very strong nic.

But, it does work great!

As a Twisp user for 4 years previously...get a real vapeing device to start of like the Salt by Coilart and a 80w Mod.
Or the new kit Wismec Active which comes with a MTL setup.
The Salt RTA by coil art will knock you out cold! That, and the fact that salts at higher wattages can potentially be dangerous. As @Daniel has pointed out recently, this RTA shouldn't be marketed the way it is. It should be marketed what it is which is a MTL RTA.

You could use the RTA but you'll need to install a build that's around 1.2 ohms and your wattage will need to be low (under 15w). Personally, I think getting a pod device is a much better option. The Breeze 2 can be bought for around R500 and thereafter the OP can upgrade to whatever he wants later on.

Cue works great especially for someone that wants to get of the stinkies but it is a bit strong! I used mine a couple of times but from most people i have recommended it to which has bought a cue and used it said that its too strong and went back to stinkies.

Perhaps @Twisp should look at making them with lower nic content as well so that users has options on buying 24mg or perhaps 18mg cause not everyone wants that very strong nic.

But, it does work great!

You do get TWISP
Or you could get the Joyetech ECO. As @Andre pointed out, they are identical minus the branding. (I'd expect the Joyetech one to be cheaper)

This is great news. After doing a bit of research I see that they go for just over R200. I can only assume (if the CUE is anything to go by) that the TWISP variant will be double this. I'm all for brand loyalty but that's an incredible saving!

You do get TWISP

This is great news. After doing a bit of research I see that they go for just over R200. I can only assume (if the CUE is anything to go by) that the TWISP variant will be double this. I'm all for brand loyalty but that's an incredible saving!

As long as you buy the ECO from a reputable store, you will get your warranty as well. Twisp does have the convenience of going to most malls and finding a kiosk but if the ATOM (ECO Equivalent) is double the price, I'm gonna get some juice with the change.

Aspire Gusto mini! The only device that has delivered for me but honestly speaking everyone is different... sometimes the best is to seek advice, try what works for you and find out your comfort place through trial and error

I can highly recommend the Aspire Breeze 2 with 1ohm coil and nic salts, and Twisp Cue with its swappable pods on the fly. I use both and they are awesome, easy to use MTL devices.

Aspire Gusto mini! The only device that has delivered for me but honestly speaking everyone is different... sometimes the best is to seek advice, try what works for you and find out your comfort place through trial and error

I also have one of these, works well with TWISP 8mg juice (I loathe nic salts)!

Guys we are confusing @ herb1.
give the guy a break.we need to help him choose but the choice is still up to him.Its no use he go out and buy the 'best device for us' and it does not work for his wife.
That is money spent, but taking his wife to a kiosk to see if she will catch on to vaping is money and a trip well spent.
So we should give advice and stats and still let them decide whats best for her...
Twisp is the only vendor that lets you try before you buy. show me some other vendor that has all their mods on display for testing.
And yet @herb1 and his wife still has the final choice and decision.
I wish you well from here @herb1

@herb1 -The Twisp CUE did the trick for my wife. She has since moved on to a different setup, but the CUE is the reason she isn't smoking anymore.

almost 40 a day smoker.check it out in the twisp forum for the stats on how many people it converted.,even the die hard ou ballie smokers ,but that is my advice check the stats and try it first

Guys we are confusing @ herb1.
give the guy a break.we need to help him choose but the choice is still up to him.Its no use he go out and buy the 'best device for us' and it does not work for his wife.
That is money spent, but taking his wife to a kiosk to see if she will catch on to vaping is money and a trip well spent.
So we should give advice and stats and still let them decide whats best for her...
Twisp is the only vendor that lets you try before you buy. show me some other vendor that has all their mods on display for testing.
And yet @herb1 and his wife still has the final choice and decision.
I wish you well from here @herb1
Thanks Resistance but don't worry about the confusing herb1 part, wifey decides on her own, whatever the cost.
It has to be her commitment, not my decision.

I just want her to stop smoking - I'm really liking the Twisp Cue or Aspire 2 for those purposes.

I have a backup Luxotic with tobinho - I'll just chuck a 0.2ohm coil in for MTL & get sum 6mg juice (as a backup).

But thanks for all the advice, guys

Back