My cigar melted.

blujeenz

Loafing since 2013
LV

Awards
No its not clickbait, it really melted, so I turned the housing into a usb flashdrive.
Its basically a mech with just a pressure switch under the plastic cartomiser wired to the batt.
cigar.JPG
A closer view.
IMG_1686.JPG

Bought this in Dec last year and occasionally take a few puffs, last time was 3 weeks ago and it was fine then.
I suppose the hot weather caused the cart to leak onto the switch contacts and make a connection.

So... be aware that these disposables should be stored with the mouth piece down.

Batt was charged and will be saved, Im probably going to resurrect an old ego tank to take the juice, its 50mg and will probably put me on my back even in my Arbiter solo.

Crude construction, I must of had half a dozen Ego devices (similar to that) that ended up with similar results, lucky I didn't burn the house down! Twice it was that bad I had to think quickly and toss the battery out the window, once it was still glowing 48hrs later lol!

No its not clickbait, it really melted, so I turned the housing into a usb flashdrive.
Its basically a mech with just a pressure switch under the plastic cartomiser wired to the batt.
View attachment 250452
A closer view.
View attachment 250453

Bought this in Dec last year and occasionally take a few puffs, last time was 3 weeks ago and it was fine then.
I suppose the hot weather caused the cart to leak onto the switch contacts and make a connection.

So... be aware that these disposables should be stored with the mouth piece down.

Batt was charged and will be saved, Im probably going to resurrect an old ego tank to take the juice, its 50mg and will probably put me on my back even in my Arbiter solo.

It is not the first time I hear of a disposable acting up. Saw one autofiring. Got a bit scary.

I'm curious @bluejeenz ... Is that pressure switch wired between the battery and atomiser? ... meaning it switches the "atty" directly :eek:
If so ... What is the resistance of that "atty", as that's quite some current it's gonna be switching :think:

I'm curious @bluejeenz ... Is that pressure switch wired between the battery and atomiser? ... meaning it switches the "atty" directly :eek:
If so ... What is the resistance of that "atty", as that's quite some current it's gonna be switching :think:
yes it does, some kind of diaphragm switch.
coil is 3.6 ohms, so roughly 1.2A on those skinny wires.

Back