My first mech

Cloudgeek

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys, after vaping for just over 2 years now, I have bought myself my first mech.
I went with a shiva tube and baal v4 clone kit.
With this I am using a LG HG2 battery.
I am fairly in tune with OHM's law and have built coils before ( I have an OHM meter and decent build kit.)
My question is which wire would be best to use and why, I currently have dual pre built hive coils in the rda reading 0.38OHM, but I'm not getting good flavour or clouds, its mediocre to say the least.
In my regulated mod I went with fused aliens at 0.18OHM and used to vape at 55w to 75w.

I have the following wire:
26g kanthal A1 wire
26g nichrome wire
26g Ni200 wire
26g 316 stainless steel wire
3x 28g twisted kanthal wire
26g + 28g kanthal clapton wire
Which would be best to use for good flavour and clouds?
Obviously I like playing it safe so higher OHM's will be better for me but I still want good ramp up and cloud/flavour production

Out of what you have use the plain kanthal, SS or nichrome dual coil, around 7 wraps on a 3mm is roughly what I'd do.

Twisted, and claptons I find the ramp up long on a mech, Nickel is mainly for temp and very low resistance

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi Guys, after vaping for just over 2 years now, I have bought myself my first mech.
I am fairly in tune with OHM's law and have built coils before ( I have an OHM meter and decent build kit.)
My question is which wire would be best to use and why, I currently have dual pre built hive coils in the rda reading 0.38OHM, but I'm not getting good flavour or clouds, its mediocre to say the least.
In my regulated mod I went with fused aliens at 0.18OHM and used to vape at 55w to 75w.

26g kanthal A1 wire
26g nichrome wire
26g Ni200 wire
Obviously I like playing it safe so higher OHM's will be better for me but I still want good ramp up and cloud/flavour production
I'd go for the SS wire here, 7 to 8 wraps on a 3mm dual setup should be awesome.

Please don't use the Ni200 on a mech, ever!

I only use SS316L between 0.2ish and 0.35ish ohms. I get decent watts without too much of a ramp up time. Also doesn't drain the battery too quickly.

Thank you guys,

I went with the SS316L at 3mm ID and 8 wraps, it came to measure around 0.32OHM, the flavour is slightly muted with some juices though, any way around this?
I will post a pic of the coils and wicking shortly

Where does the coil sit in relation to the airflow slot? Try positioning the coil where the bottom half of the coil can.be seen through the airflow slot, it should dramatically increase flavor
I have the airflow more or less 3/4 of the way below the coil. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have the airflow more or less 3/4 of the way below the coil. Thanks for the suggestion.
And your cotton seems a lil bunched up beneath thr coil, after it's saturated use a tweezer to push the cotton to the sides, leave the space below the coil completely open so the air can get under that coil

Where does the coil sit in relation to the airflow slot? Try positioning the coil where the bottom half of the coil can.be seen through the airflow slot, it should dramatically increase flavor

Have moved the coils up slightly, very little increase yet noticeable, thank you.

And your cotton seems a lil bunched up beneath thr coil, after it's saturated use a tweezer to push the cotton to the sides, leave the space below the coil completely open so the air can get under that coil

Will try that right now

Tried it, cooler vape but no noticeable flavour increase, thank you for the suggestion.

Wow, very neat build you have there.
I have closed the airflow two thirds of the way, huge increase in flavour. I think the Baal V4 airflow is a little bit of an overkill.
I think you need some ni80 fused claptons at around the 0.25ohm mark. Remember with the mech you don't have an option power wise so everything is on your build. 0.25 will be still within safety limits, ni80 will have quick ramp up since you can't uo the wattage, and if your rda is an airflow hog just build bigger ID builds to help reduce it, plus the increase in surface area should increase flavor

I think you need some ni80 fused claptons at around the 0.25ohm mark. Remember with the mech you don't have an option power wise so everything is on your build. 0.25 will be still within safety limits, ni80 will have quick ramp up since you can't uo the wattage, and if your rda is an airflow hog just build bigger ID builds to help reduce it, plus the increase in surface area should increase flavor

Thank you, as soon as the boss is in his office I will build some other coils and see how it goes. Have a good day bud and thank you for the advice, much appreciated. :clap2:

26g kanthal A1 wire
26g nichrome wire
26g Ni200 wire
Just a note when you do some future shopping for wire, get yourself some 24g Nichrome. A spaced dual coil build with a 3.0mm ID will come out to around 0.32.

I find this build fantastic for ramp up time and flavour.

:)

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Just a note when you do some future shopping for wire, get yourself some 24g Nichrome. A spaced dual coil build with a 3.0mm ID will come out to around 0.32.

I find this build fantastic for ramp up time and flavour.

:)

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Thank you for the advice, will definitely try it.

If I may add.. try a fused clapton or aliens. They do good in flavour and cloud.. I find single round wire builds to be more aimed at cloud production than flavour. Although some do give good flava. But after I tried it I can't easily go back to single round wire builds

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thank you, as soon as the boss is in his office I will build some other coils and see how it goes. Have a good day bud and thank you for the advice, much appreciated. :clap2:
You have gotten some good advice here, I agree with closing the air control on the rda as I find this increases flavor. I love the advanced builds on my vapes but try to keep them in the smaller wires I.e. 26g wrapped with 36g Claptons' as the ramp time with larger builds increases and will go through batteries fast on mech's.Just my 2¢

Ni200 can only be used in temperature control mode, never in power mode or on a mech

Ni200 and Ti give off poisonous gasses when they are heated too high. Temp control ensures they stay in the safe range for vaping. Mechs are pure power devices, no temp control, so you should never use those wires on a mech mod.

Back