My first mech

Sorry if this is a noob question. Wont there be more flavour if using spaced coils? From my little experience spaced coils always gave me better flavour.

It's subjective. I space my coils partly because I want them to fit straight into the wire slots on the atomiser, but I also like how it springs after you pull it apart and push it together and leave it.

I don't space flatwire though.

Hi Guys, after vaping for just over 2 years now, I have bought myself my first mech.
I went with a shiva tube and baal v4 clone kit.
With this I am using a LG HG2 battery.
I am fairly in tune with OHM's law and have built coils before ( I have an OHM meter and decent build kit.)
My question is which wire would be best to use and why, I currently have dual pre built hive coils in the rda reading 0.38OHM, but I'm not getting good flavour or clouds, its mediocre to say the least.
In my regulated mod I went with fused aliens at 0.18OHM and used to vape at 55w to 75w.

I have the following wire:
26g kanthal A1 wire
26g nichrome wire
26g Ni200 wire
26g 316 stainless steel wire
3x 28g twisted kanthal wire
26g + 28g kanthal clapton wire
Which would be best to use for good flavour and clouds?
Obviously I like playing it safe so higher OHM's will be better for me but I still want good ramp up and cloud/flavour production

Some atomisers need bigger wires. Plain old 26ga SS is great in my Petri but in my Goon24 it's like it's an 1100 motor in a Land Rover body. I may need to mess around with the build a bit, close off airflow... But I threw in a couple Staggertons into the Goon and it's a completely different vape. Way better. It's on a mech than uses a 26650 battery so it's still within the safety limits of the cell.

Sorry if this is a noob question. Wont there be more flavour if using spaced coils? From my little experience spaced coils always gave me better flavour.

I have tried spaced as well, there was no noticeable difference apart from a bit of spitting juice when spaced.

ok so today I hit the road to Vape cartel, the dude there helped me with my coils, we did dual coil 7 wrap 22g nichrome at 0.17ohm which draws about 21A from the battery, I also bought a 25r. Clouds for days and flavour like never before.

Is that safe?

I doubt anyone at VC would steer you wrong though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170527-202435.png
    Screenshot_20170527-202435.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 46
With device and battery voltage drop, and the fact that the battery rating is continous and can stand more on pulse it's fine, it is pushing the limits though and wouldn't suggest building around there for someone new

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Is that safe?

I doubt anyone at VC would steer you wrong though.
just check the nominal voltsge of a battery is 3.7v not 4.2, its safe enough, no issues as yet and Iv vaped that mech like mad this weekend.

just check the nominal voltsge of a battery is 3.7v not 4.2, its safe enough, no issues as yet and Iv vaped that mech like mad this weekend.
Yep the nominal voltage as stated by the manufacturers is 3.6v/3.7v but a fully charged 18650 measures around 4.2V.

I am fairly new to mechs and I understand the basics but I'm still feeling my way around so not pushing any limits. I have been mostly using straight wire and mostly use dual 24g Kanthal or Ni80. The Ni80 ramps up faster so if the ohms with the build are not working out too low I use that. I don't use SS currently because I've been using dual coils and the ohms work out lower and I prefer Ni80 in general. I have two mechs and have tried a few RDA's but mostly use the VGOD Pro mech with the ProDrip and using simple wire and not pushing any limits the vape has been outstanding. It's been fun playing around like this and I would strongly suggest playing with basic wires. I don't think you need to push any limits to get great performance.

As for flavour and wicking and finding out the best way to place the coils and wick it, maybe learn the RDA on a regulated mod so you know what's the best to expect so when you when you are trying to troubleshoot the performance on a mech you will not be questioning the wicking because you would have already mastered that part of the setup so one less suspect in the lineup.

Back