My mod just exploded! Fire!

phanatik

Danman100
LV

Awards
As the title says, my mech mod - or rather the battery - just exploded.

I also have a burnt carpet, some burnt cables (was vaping at my pc) and a very sore hand.

I have no idea what caused it. Be careful guys.

a paragon copper mod and a new efest 2800mah battery.

I screwed on my old aerotank mega to see if if i could vape some of my higher nic juices in it.

I mainly drip nowadays

Sounds like a shorted coil; I still have half a dozen mini Protanks I use now and then [on an MVP] (they take the same coils) and often had 1 out of every 3 coils from a pack had a short. would never dare use them on a mech. They're shit. I could never figure out if I was getting clones or authentics; as they always looked bloody different every order.

Edit: Hmm I also have a paragon (the midnight edition). I note the very very tiny vent hole at the top and wondered what good that would do. Guess you answered that question.

Last edited:
Yip a lot of people don't have any idea how dangerous batteries can be I have seen an rc car blown apart before
due to improper use of batteries. Glad to hear you are okay. :)

Sounds like a shorted coil; I still have half a dozen mini Protanks I use now and then (they take the same coils) and often had 1 out of every 3 coils from a pack had a short. would never dare use them on a mech. They're shit. I could never figure out if I was getting clones or authentics; as they always looked bloody different every order.

could the same happen with rda/rtas?

cause i'm contemplating ditching my mechs, but if it was the coil/tanks fault...

i dont know, i screwed the bottom cap on, fired once to hear any popping in the tank to indicate that the firing pin did not need adjusting and BOOM...

I'm actually still shaking.

It gave the kind of pop you did not want to hear

could the same happen with rda/rtas?

cause i'm contemplating ditching my mechs, but if it was the coil/tanks fault...

Of course it can; But I'm less nervous about using a coil I built in a big dripper; than tiny micro-coil hidden in a tiny casing where the wires are less than a millimetre from the sides.

I got a heatvape invader mini now that im using so the mech has been shelved for the last 2 weeks. mind you. Loving the temp control.

Is the paragon a hybrid mod like the SMPL? Because they hate commercial tanks if you don't adjust them to work on a hybrid. My atlantis ruined one of my batteries on a SMPL and know of a couple other guys that had the same.

That's uncool. Be happy u didn't get seriously injured. There has to be a reason the battery exploded. Prob manufacturing defect or something.

Is the paragon a hybrid mod like the SMPL? Because they hate commercial tanks if you don't adjust them to work on a hybrid. My atlantis ruined one of my batteries on a SMPL and know of a couple other guys that had the same.

It has a screw that goes through a plastic insulator which in turn is squeezed into the top cap.
The screw needs to be adjusted every time you fit a different atty.
Then the screw itself has another inner screw on the head which needs to be adjusted in or out of it as well to make a perfect contact with the battery. Its actually a pain the groin tbh. But its a pretty mod. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone: But I like mine.

Sorry about your experience though phanatik. And glad you're OK.

Last edited:
Been there, done that and got the t-shirt and also had to change underpants! Mine was screwing an Atlantis onto a Mech Mod.

Glad you're okay.

Back