My Vaping Journey in a Song

acorn

Getting there...
LV

Awards
Hi there everybody

I've recently listened to an old favourite song of mine (Walk - Foo Fighters). Well while listening the lyrics struck me differently as before and I started associating the lyrics with my own vaping experiences so far. Although some might find this cheesy (walk on...;)), to everyone his own.
Feel free to add your own interpretations/ songs or even better to the musicals out there write a new Vaping song...Here it goes....

(Lyrics/ Interpretation below...Note: Video has a approx. 1min prologue though funny)

"Walk" is a song by AmericanrockbandFoo Fighters, released as the second single from their seventh studio album Wasting Light. It was written byDave Grohland co-produced byButch Vig. (Wikipedia)

Lyrics: (My Personal interpretation in brackets)

A million miles away (From Quitting Tobacco Smoking in past futile attempts)

Your signal in the distance (Danger signs/ Warnings/ Tobacco Health Risks)

To whom it may concern (Uninformed: Smokers/ Non Smokers & the Holier than thou)

I think I lost my way (The Grip of Tobacco Smoking, previous futile quitting attempts)

Getting good at starting over (Conventional Quit Smoking – Own will, Nic. patches, Nic. gum etc)

Every time that I return (To the grip Tobacco Smoking)

I'm learning to walk again (Healthier Alternative: Getting my Health/ Confidence back)

I believe I've waited long enough (From Smoking Tobacco and its harmful consequences)

Where do I begin? (Vaping - I started on Clearo’s)

I'm learning to talk again (Getting my Health/ Confidence back)

Can't you see I've waited long enough?(For me: 25 Years, +/- 30 Stinkies/day = 273 750 analogues NOT avoided)

Where do I begin? (Vaping, I started on Clearo’s)

Do you remember the days (25 Years, +/- 30 Stinkies/day = 273 750 analogues NOT avoided)

We built these paper mountains (Conventional Tobacco Cigarettes/ Tobacco Products)

And sat and watched them burn? (Conventional Tobacco Smoking)

I think I found my place (Vaping Journey/ Healthier living)

Can't you feel it growing stronger? (Health, Confidence, Knowledge, enlightment)

Little conquerors (My Mech Mods/ Regulated Devices/ E-Liquid & Nr. Analogues avoided)

I'm learning to walk again (Healthier Alternative: Getting my Health/ Confidence back)

I believe I've waited long enough (From Smoking Tobacco and its harmful consequences)

I'm learning to talk again (Getting my Health/ Life/Confidence back)

I believe I've waited long enough (25 Years, +/- 30 Stinkies /day = 273 750 analogues NOT avoided)

Now (Since Started vaping – 23 February 2015)

For the very first time (Since Started vaping – 23 February 2015)

Don't you pay no mind? (Scientific Research Results on Benefits of Vaping compared to smoking)

Set me free again (From Tobacco Smoking and its harmful consequences)

You keep alive a moment at a time (My day to day Vaping journey avoiding Analogues)

But still inside a whisper to a riot (Those still smoking, uninformed, holier than thou)

To sacrifice but knowing to survive (Criticism, Finance and assistance from Vaping Community)

The first decline another state of mind (Switch from Tobacco Smoking to Vaping)

I'm on my knees, I'm praying for a sign (Faith, Hope and Perseverance)

Forever, whenever (My Vaping future/ journey)

I never wanna die (From Tobacco related Illnesses)

I'm on my knees (Faith, Hope and Perseverance)

I'm dancing on my grave (From avoiding becoming another Tobacco related statistic)

I'm running through the fire (Uninformed Criticism)

I never wanna leave (My Vaping Journey/ Devices/ ADV’s)

I'll never say goodbye (My Mech Mods/ Regulated Devices/ E-Liquid/ ECIGSSA)

Forever, whatever (Come what may, not going back to Tobacco)

Forever, whatever (Come what may, not going back to Tobacco)

I believe I've waited long enough (From Smoking Tobacco and its consequences)

Can't you see I've waited long enough? (25 Years, +/- 30 Stinkies/day = 273 750 analogues not avoided)

Can't you see I've waited long enough? (For me: 25 Years, +/- 30 Stinkies/day = 273 750 analogues not avoided)

Last edited:
Damn well done, I can truly relate to this...."Can't you see I've waited long enough? (25 Years, +/- 30 Stinkies/day"

Eventhough still a "metal head", Rammstein's song "Du Hast" can be translated, very roughly, as:

You
you have (hate)
you have (hate) me* - (body telling you that you must hate it BECAUSE YOU CONTINUE TO smoke ciggies)

you have asked me
you have asked me
you have asked me
and I have said nothing - (eventhough you know what smoking does to you, you just carry on smoking)

Do you want, until death do you part,
to be faithful to her for all your days - (End Result of Smoking Addiction = Death)

No, no (NO MORE SMOKING - (Vaping the only way to LIFE)

Back