New Kylin 2 RTA Leaking help

Not leaking related, but has anyone figured out how to remove the top slide fill mechanism? It is in need of a clean and there is old juice stuck in there that is simply not coming out.

Thanks

Not sure about removing it, but what about just running mild hot water through it? That used to work for the airflow gaps in my Zues before it gave up on me ;-)

I think the water should be able to get in there?

Hi everyone

So first, thanks for everyone taking the time to read my post. Here is an update:

I replaced the O-ring that is at the bottom between the atomizer and glass. Since then I have had no leaking issues so far... only did this yesterday evening so it's still in test phase.

Will keep you posted.

Warm regards

Hi everyone

So here is the update as promised.

As stated previously I replaced the o-ring and still had leakage. I then went on and added some plumbing tape on the sides of the atomizer where this o-ring is supposed to prevent juice from seeping through but according to my eyes is too narrow to do...

So since Friday, after applying the plumbing tape I have had very little leakage and if I have to blame it on something I would say it is some sort of condensation... So I have won the battle and I am a happy vaper!

Hi All, just an update on the Kylin RTA V2, I have tried so many things and after inspecting the deck with a microscope I found that the main issue might be at the yellow spacer/insulator it seams that the juice leaks through there, for a test I have cleaned the deck with acetone and apply a small amount of carbonate of soda / Koek soda with a bit drop of supper glue all around the edge of the insulator in the juice well where you can see the insulator material, after that I washed the deck as best I could the avoid any residue of the superglue. It's now 2 days with no leak and only the normal condensation as too a bottom airflow tank. I know that the glue won't stay as the juice will soften it and it might came loos, I will follow up after another re-wick in a few days. please let me know if anyone does try this if it help you too.

Attachments

• vandy_vape_kylin_v2_24mm_rta_build_deck.jpg
    vandy_vape_kylin_v2_24mm_rta_build_deck.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 32
Silicone isnt safe to smoke hehe but if you leave it long enough to dry out.... would silicone not be a good permanent solution? The juice wont do anything to it I dont think?

Silicone isnt safe to smoke hehe but if you leave it long enough to dry out.... would silicone not be a good permanent solution? The juice wont do anything to it I dont think?

Well silicone might work if you can get the right stuff, the O-rings is silicone based though.. it might also loosen up in time, would have been great if one could strip the base and add a bit underneath as a gasket and then let it dry for 48 hours or more. but still today I do not have any leak as I had previously , still a bit of condensation but I can live with that no problem.

I thought it was common knowledge that the world Kylin is the direct translation of the Mayan word for "leak".

I thought it was common knowledge that the world Kylin is the direct translation of the Mayan word for "leak".
With version one yes but i was expecting V2 to leak because of V1 but i have no leaking issues with V2!

Hi All, just an update on the Kylin RTA V2, I have tried so many things and after inspecting the deck with a microscope I found that the main issue might be at the yellow spacer/insulator it seams that the juice leaks through there, for a test I have cleaned the deck with acetone and apply a small amount of carbonate of soda / Koek soda with a bit drop of supper glue all around the edge of the insulator in the juice well where you can see the insulator material, after that I washed the deck as best I could the avoid any residue of the superglue. It's now 2 days with no leak and only the normal condensation as too a bottom airflow tank. I know that the glue won't stay as the juice will soften it and it might came loos, I will follow up after another re-wick in a few days. please let me know if anyone does try this if it help you too.

You know that superglue contains cyanide, right? That's why it's called cyanoacrylate. You shouldn't use superglue in atomizers.

I threw away 3 kylins (1xv1 and 2xv2) because of that. I took them apart and tried everything I could find on internet and youtube. Nothing. threw them away because I don't sell crap.

You know that superglue contains cyanide, right? That's why it's called cyanoacrylate. You shouldn't use superglue in atomizers.

Well I'm still alive and it's not where it can get direct heat, People fix their false teeth with superglue and they don't get dead.. LOL

Well true it's dangerous but still I mix with carbonate of soda and that should change the properties but I'm NO scientist though, this is more like a test to find something more permanent to replace the glue with.

The tank is still going well, still have a little leak but still 95% better than before. ....more like condensation....

Back