Nichrome or Nickel

sneakydino

Cloudy
LV

Awards
So yesterday i purchased some nickel wire from my local B&M and I asked for pure nickel as I'm waiting on my TC mod to be delivered. But when I looked at the receipt this morning it says Nichrome..So how do I tell which one it is ?

Nickel will be much lower resistance. Make a coil that you know and pop it on an ohm meter.

So yesterday i purchased some nickel wire from my local B&M and I asked for pure nickel as I'm waiting on my TC mod to be delivered. But when I looked at the receipt this morning it says Nichrome..So how do I tell which one it is ?

I havent worked with either of these wires @sneakydino
But surely the Nickel will be much softer...

28G 7wraps around a 2mm bit reads at .8ohm so it's very low, but it feels much springyer and stiffer than kanthal

You can use it, but it would not work in the TC mode

@Gina if he bought nickel and they gave him nichrome, it's the wrong thing and he should return it. The store should rectify it and compensate him for the error.

@Gina if he bought nickel and they gave him nichrome, it's the wrong thing and he should return it. The store should rectify it and compensate him for the error.

Yep, of course. It is best way. I just want to mention that the nichrome cannot work in TC mode. :)

Just thought i would add that usually look for the following when getting wire:

Kanthal - A1 or D1
Nickel - Ni200
Nichrome - N80 or N81

That might help you when choosing wire.

Just thought i would add that usually look for the following when getting wire:

Kanthal - A1 or D1
Nickel - Ni200
Nichrome - N80 or N81

That might help you when choosing wire.
I have never seen N81 is it new?
I only know about N60 and N80.

At 100 bucks i think i'll just keep it:think:....might be some builds I could try

Never tried Nichrome @Paulie
But now i am interested

I got some from VaporDna Anarchist N80 and its great!
3aeb5f810d538e62824a8d71da1ff64f.jpg

Back