No support from Sir Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I agree that juice in the mod is a valid reason to not honor a warrantee due to it being in the T's & C's, initially OP just wanted some feedback from the vendor which was not forthcoming until he created this thread. If there had just been a reasonable amount of feedback from the vendor then a lot of this possibly could have been avoided.

I agree, yes share your bad experience but in this thread the OP was given a valid reason as to why his mod was not covered under warrantee. He wasn't happy with reason and then this turned into a vendor bashing exercise.
We have many honest vendors here who put their customers first everyday and who don't deserve to be accused.
I'd feel insulted as vendor if I was accused of shady practices when thats obviously not the case.
nobody is infallible, vendors included. People make mistakes, and the vendor in question is free to defend themselves right here. When called upon for feedback, they chose to instead quote their T's & C's which was not in any way relevant to what the OP's initial request was. That is not professional, in my opinion. Believe me, I support Sir Vape. I just purchased my Gbox from them last month. They can stand up for themselves if they are wrongly accused. Neither you nor I know enough of the situation to make any judgement, the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

Solution is simple, look after your shit n you won't have issues. That includes not pouring juice in it.
Every single mod I've bought still works fine.

I have had good service from Sir Vape and still buy 99% of my goods from them, they do not know me personally but the staff do know my face.

But lets put one thing down to make it clear, Communication on there part is what brought this onto the forum. If they had made op feel like they did everything they could and he was valuable enough to communicate with i highly doubt he would have come onto the forum to post a bad deal.

Secondly no one should defend a company or customer without having first had experience in a similar situation.

Thirdly the amount of personal attacks is unjustified, as a forum we should assist and not act like keyboard warriors.

The whole situation should of been handled differently from both parties and i think a better solution should be found to make this thread pointless to a certain degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderators please lock this thread. It's purpose was never to resolve an issue but to demonise Sir Vape.
The OP, as well as others chose to use this as a vendor bashing exercise.
Lots of butt hurt and uncalled for name calling have sent this thread to the gutters...

@Greyz, This thread is controlled by the specific vendor, they have full control.

@Greyz we can lock this thread ourselves if needed. Its a simple click of the button but we have left it open. We have nothing to hide. We are far from perfect and have always admitted that. NO ONE IS. Mistakes happen, things something take longer than expected (beyond our control, just like any business), we say things the wrong way and the list can go on but we try our best. In any business you are going to have people that like you or don't. We have reviews activated on all our social media platforms and Google itself since we started Sir Vape. There you will find majority 4-5 star reviews then a few 3, 2 and 1's. We take them all seriously. Where we are fault we learn from them. These are once again view-able to everyone and we didn't write them ourselves. So if we were in business just for the money and to screw people we would not be in business today as its based on customer service and those reviews reflect that.

@Humbolt emails pertaining to the issue were dealt with via email in the time frame to the customer. I don't need to put them up here as that is not necessary. They were handled in the way that we do with every customer. At the end of the day its not nice being at fault whether you knew about it or it was mistake. Its frustrating I get that but we have all had it happen. I myself have kicked up a fuss with a product that I found out that I unknowingly messed up and tried to get my way, was replied to and explained and then eventually bluntly shutdown by the company as they knew carrying on with the argument was getting both of us nowhere but they had the right to stand their ground at the end of the day. I was just hotheaded at the time but eventually realised they were right and how can I hold them accountable.

Leon we have replaced hundreds of mods over the years. If the issue is valid and carried under warranty it gets replaced. We didn't just wake up, pick your name out a top hat and say hey today lets mess Leon around and rip him off which I assume you think we did. What would we gain by doing this? Its not how we work and no business will survive if that's how they do things. If we were doing that there would uproar here daily and we would be caught out.

I know majority of vendors will back me up here when it comes to device warranties. We don't like telling the customer the warranty is voided due to negligence or whatever the reason is. Its actually damn difficult and we feel terrible. Also half the time we know that the customer is going to argue and possibly bad mouth us. We have had some interesting cases we have been verbally threatened, told if we don't replace the unit and add some freebies they will tarnish our name etc etc etc. Warranty is warranty. We will get the same reply from the manufacturer and there has been cases we have disagreed with them and replaced the unit at our cost cause we disagree their reply.

Thanks for reply.
As I said, the truth lies somewhere in the middle as OP said he was getting no feedback and you are claiming he did get.

I guess we will never know.

@Greyz we can lock this thread ourselves if needed. Its a simple click of the button but we have left it open. We have nothing to hide. We are far from perfect and have always admitted that. NO ONE IS. Mistakes happen, things something take longer than expected (beyond our control, just like any business), we say things the wrong way and the list can go on but we try our best. In any business you are going to have people that like you or don't. We have reviews activated on all our social media platforms and Google itself since we started Sir Vape. There you will find majority 4-5 star reviews then a few 3, 2 and 1's. We take them all seriously. Where we are fault we learn from them. These are once again view-able to everyone and we didn't write them ourselves. So if we were in business just for the money and to screw people we would not be in business today as its based on customer service and those reviews reflect that.

@Humbolt emails pertaining to the issue were dealt with via email in the time frame to the customer. I don't need to put them up here as that is not necessary. They were handled in the way that we do with every customer. At the end of the day its not nice being at fault whether you knew about it or it was mistake. Its frustrating I get that but we have all had it happen. I myself have kicked up a fuss with a product that I found out that I unknowingly messed up and tried to get my way, was replied to and explained and then eventually bluntly shutdown by the company as they knew carrying on with the argument was getting both of us nowhere but they had the right to stand their ground at the end of the day. I was just hotheaded at the time but eventually realised they were right and how can I hold them accountable.

Leon we have replaced hundreds of mods over the years. If the issue is valid and carried under warranty it gets replaced. We didn't just wake up, pick your name out a top hat and say hey today lets mess Leon around and rip him off which I assume you think we did. What would we gain by doing this? Its not how we work and no business will survive if that's how they do things. If we were doing that there would uproar here daily and we would be caught out.

I know majority of vendors will back me up here when it comes to device warranties. We don't like telling the customer the warranty is voided due to negligence or whatever the reason is. Its actually damn difficult and we feel terrible. Also half the time we know that the customer is going to argue and possibly bad mouth us. We have had some interesting cases we have been verbally threatened, told if we don't replace the unit and add some freebies they will tarnish our name etc etc etc. Warranty is warranty. We will get the same reply from the manufacturer and there has been cases we have disagreed with them and replaced the unit at our cost cause we disagree their reply.

@Sir Vape , please understand my frustration at having a mod fail after 3 weeks of use. I bought this Smok as I really believed it was one of the best on the market. And yes, research showed that it had a problem with the adjustment buttons, which is why I (awkwardly) vaped with those buttons pointing up, to avoid juice getting into them. I can only surmise that the juice migrated to them unseen, under the cover. Imagine the dismay when it starting acting up as it did!
I was furious with you for refusing to replace the mod, you being the vendor that sold it to me. Take note of the fact that I could not confront Smok themselves, as they seem to be out of reach to us mere mortals - which is why I confronted you. But you have to admit that your feedback was not up to scratch. Not that I wanted daily updates, but hell man, don't ignore requests for feedback. It really bugs customers if feedback is slow or not forthcoming.
I honestly did not anticipate that this thread would take the tone that it did - believe me, that was not my intention at all. I was simply extremely frustrated and wanted you to respond to my queries.

Last edited:
In my 2 years of vaping, I have purchased 95% of my vaping gear from Sir Vape. I have had 4 electronic mods break shortly after purchase. I have not complained. Instead I have learned that at the stage we are now in the vaping evolution where if you pay between 600 and 1200 for an electronic mod made in China, there is a good chance that the e-liquid will eventually find its way into the board and it will konk in.

So I stick to Mech mods now.

I have only had the finest service from Sir Vape. Twice I have returned a faulty item within the same day of purchase and they have allowed me to get a new unit, or a different unit with the same value.

I take my hat off to Sir Vape for their commitment and dedication to bring variety and reasonable prices to the vaping community and will support them all the way for their professionalism.

BTW, I am not friends with any of the staff. Nor am I afraid to give constructive criticism or compliments where due.

I also regularly comment on their review sections on their website, for the benefit of consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread just reminded of the days working in cellular, when customers would come in and have a fit that their phone wasn't working, and then we would find the device all rusted inside from water damage. Sometimes you could still smell old wine and beer on the phone, but the customer would swear on their life they have never messed anything on it.:-D

This thread just reminded of the days working in cellular, when customers would come in and have a fit that their phone wasn't working, and then we would find the device all rusted inside from water damage. Sometimes you could still smell old wine and beer on the phone, but the customer would swear on their life they have never messed anything on it.:-D
Were those phones 3 weeks old?

@LeonRSA ,fair question,if you owned a vape store and a customer bought a mod,brought it back after a while with liquid damage,would you have replaced it incurring the cost of the mod? And would you do this on a daily basis? Be honest

@LeonRSA ,fair question,if you owned a vape store and a customer bought a mod,brought it back after a while with liquid damage,would you have replaced it incurring the cost of the mod? And would you do this on a daily basis? Be honest
Of course not!
My gripe was not with replacing the mod, it was the lack of feedback which upset me. Read my original post!

Of course not!
My gripe was not with replacing the mod, it was the lack of feedback which upset me. Read my original post!
SORRY I completely understand now bro,I think @Sir Vape got the message,hopefully they will better there after sales service before I buy from them

Thread got juiced from the faulty gear. Slippery and then it fell to the ground.

Not to add frustration to this but this is one of the reasons i have multiple mods. When i do a major pitstop it includes about 4-5 mods and atties all at once. This means i can use my reliable gear from the word go when done with the pitstop. If i had gear that caused problems id be able to leave the device or atty at home in a position where it will be juice free or short free or “whatever” free until i have time to fiddle it into a working piece of vape gear. I hope by now that Sirvape could sort the problem for you and that it was to your satisfaction.

Only advice i can give is to buy gear that does not cause problems (=reo sqounker with ol16).

Other reo owners might not agree with me but i could never and have never over sqounked my reo mod and ol16 before.

20180124Smok.jpg

@BigGuy , your tech guy is a bit ham-fisted, isn't he? There wasn't a single scratch on that screen, now look at it. Seriously...?!

Last edited:
View attachment 119883

@BigGuy , your tech guy is a bit ham-fisted, isn't he? There wasn't a single scratch on that screen, now look at it. Seriously...?!
You see,same principle applies when sending food back for reheating at a restaurant,dont swear the waiter,your food might not come back the same,just kidding,we need to hear the other side of the story 1st

You see,same principle applies when sending food back for reheating at a restaurant,dont swear the waiter,your food might not come back the same,just kidding,we need to hear the other side of the story 1st
I'd love to hear the mental gymanstics that justify returning a mod, broken or not, in that condition back to the owner, AND making them pay the courier fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back