Ohm

andro

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
how can u guys build subohm coil?
Can i have a little explanation on the basic

Not a 100% sure what you are asking here @andro but I'm guessing you want to build a sub-ohm coil? Take a 1,5mm drill bit and with 28g Kanthal do 6-7 wraps and bingo!

Use this web site to work out exactly how many wraps http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/

Yes, sub ohm is anything lower than 1.0 ohms, but generally speaking I think REAL sub ohm is sort of below 0.3 ohms. Not that I have ventured there. Think you might lose a lot of flavour and battery life there, but gain a lot of clouds.The hard core peeps that live there will probably disagree with me. And I have no problem with the really dark side of sub ohm, as long as it is done safely.

The problem is i try to do sub ohm and always come out 1 ohm or more . How can people do like 0.3 or so .

I have 28 26 24 g . Plus flat ribbon
With 26 you can easily go below 1 ohm. 7 wraps on a 1.4 ID will get you under .6Ω

A 28g paralell build is also a good option. And can easily get you below .6

With a normal 28g microcoil you won't get a decent coil below 0.9 (6 wraps on a 1.5 mm ID)

How low are you looking to go @andro?

With 28g and 5/6 wraps i usually hit 0.9-1.0 ohm

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

First and foremost, you need to be using safe batteries (VTC3. VTC4, VTC5 or Purple 2500mah eFests)

I dunno, I find the lower i go, the more intense the flavour, I also find that I'm able to pick up subtleties that i just cant perceive on cooler builds. The way i see it, is your airflow should determine what your build is. The magma is a little restrictive even all the way open, so going below about 0.20 ohms, you'd probably roast your insulators (and throat)

I'm running my magma at 0.32 ohms. :p

With my mephisto on the other hand, I had a 0.21 build in there :p and the Plume veil which has even more airflow I was hitting 0.16 ohms

maybe start with like 0.75 ohms, that'll be safe on most things.

Dual: 11 wraps around a 3mm drill bit of 26AWG per coil
Single: 8 wraps around a 3mm drill bit of 24AWG

Last edited:
Seeing that we are on the topic, I remember seeing a chart showing how low you can safely go with each battery. Does anyone have that chart? I saw it long before I even considered going RBA, so at the time I didn't pay it much attention, but it will be quite helpful...

Seeing that we are on the topic, I remember seeing a chart showing how low you can safely go with each battery. Does anyone have that chart? I saw it long before I even considered going RBA, so at the time I didn't pay it much attention, but it will be quite helpful...
There u go, one chart is for batteries and amps, other one is coils and voltage

Attachments

• Sub Ohm Battery Chart.png
    Sub Ohm Battery Chart.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 28
  • voltagechart vape.jpg
    voltagechart vape.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 25
Back