PBusardo - Smok XPro M80 Plus

Watched it earlier today, I do think his reviews can be a bit harsh and has that "my way or the highway" attitude. The man is thorough though, which is good for us as consumers.

At the price point it's a solid device, even if the TC in it does not work. I've not had a single regret with my purchase, it's my all day device, but I didn't buy it for TC.

Yeah, what @Dirge said.
I wanted a new boxmod. I wanted to "toy around" a bit with TC, but was not my MAIN GOAL.

Kanthal TC is flimsy but not entirely and utterly useless. It does kinda curve the power delivery a bit and makes it almost "feel smoother". YMMV.
Nickel TC was exactly as PB said - a disappointment as far as dryburn test goes. But i really wouldve liked to see (even though it seems impossible to do) a FLIR test with juice etc. Does it pass a dryburn test? Heck no, not even at low watts and 200F setting.
BUT...
It did actually solve my dry hits problem I've been having with Subtank Mini... so there is that. It is definitely doing SOMETHING, its just not DOING ALL THE THINGS.

If someone were to ask me to recommend a TC device, my M80 would not be it. But if someone asked me for a reasonably priced boxmod with megabattery and some extra features to "toy with" (or just plain watts device) - the M80 is definitely it.

In PB's defense, harsh as he might be - hes not WRONG!
The whole point of TC is to stop the dry hits. Passing the dry test is priority #1 when it comes to that...

Back