Photography

I used to love photography but haven't picked up my kit in years and all these photo's are bringing back great memories. And I love the Cape, so I am loving the pictures...

For interest sake, it is simple and old now but this is what I have, although I mostly use my wife's 450D instead of my 400D...

Canon EOS 400D
Canon RS60-E3 Remote Shutter Release
Canon 18 - 55 mm EF-S
Sigma 10 - 20 mm f3.5 EX DC HSM
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 24 - 105 mm EF F4 L IS USM
Sigma 70 - 300 APO DG
Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod Legs
Manfrotto 322RC2 Tripod Head
Manfrotto Modo Maxi 785B Tripod with Ballhead for Travel
Compact Flash II 2Gb Data Card
Various UV filters for the 18-55mm, 50mm and 70-300mm
Polarising filter for the Canon 18 - 55 mm EF-S

I laughed when I read I still have a CF card :tearsofjoy:

QA0mV4A.jpg

xKo6jxR.jpg

50tLUJn.jpg

sdNdugG.jpg

51ePD7H.jpg

Overcast and dark day on Durban Beach... my first use of my Canon EF 400mm f/5,6L USM Lens...
Canon03.jpg Canon04.jpg Canon05.jpg Canon06.jpg Canon07.jpg Canon08.jpg

Then some shots taken of a few flowers in my Mom's garden with the lens that came with the camera.
Canon09.jpg Canon10.jpg Canon11.jpg Canon12.jpg

Man some of these shots are awesome.

Think i might dust off my trusty D3200 and take a few photies.

@Rob Fisher , for your first outing with that camera those bird in flight photos are fantastic!

@Viper_SA , lovely photos despite that they scare me hugely!! Lol

Uncle @Rob Fisher I found that the easiest starting point was to keep the dial set to Av, aperture priority. Then played between 5.6 and 22 on the Av to get a feel for it. A lot of those pics I posted were taken with a macro lens and ring flash.

Sunset taken near King Shaka Airport... just pulled over to the side and shot this from my car window.
SunSetMoonAnt1.jpg

I need to learn how to shoot the full moon...
SunSetMoonAnt2.jpg

@BigAnt
SunSetMoonAnt4.jpg

Uncle @Rob Fisher I found that the easiest starting point was to keep the dial set to Av, aperture priority. Then played between 5.6 and 22 on the Av to get a feel for it. A lot of those pics I posted were taken with a macro lens and ring flash.

Thanks will do... I'm hoping to get a Macro lens for my birthday from my girls! :p

Back