Project Boxmod

Forgot to add the fire button but you can put it on the bottom line. When the switch is closed on one diode, it will add o.75v as it will bypass the diode. If both switches are closed then you have 1.5v extra.

Last edited:
because the switch offers less resistance than the diode, and electricity is lazy and will always take the easiest way :)
awesome and thanks

I've used some T6A100L diodes in a previous amp. They are a little fat though but handle some serious punches. Not sure of the exact rating. I actually might still have some if you are interested. Will check tonight.

Perhaps, Denizenx.... If you are up for a bit of a challenge... (But I promise it will be fun!)

How much space do you have to build in? If you want to do a box mod from scratch, you can do a pwm signal. They are really not hard to build with some opamps, and a few components. I think you can build it for between 50 - 100 bucks. If you building it into that faulty evic head, that will not be an option. Then I would suggest that 4A dipswitch. I cant seem to find one higher than that.

*edit*
The greyhill series 76 switches support 5A, and that is the highest that Greyhill make.

He is building a passthrough and using a 5v bat charger so he can build the circuit into the charger.
The switches will be operated only when the circuit is open. ie. not firing so I wonder if the amp rating is all that
important. Not sure if the amp rating for switches has to do with flashovers or sparking when operated while under load.

That is awesome! I would say that 4amp will be perfect then. And yes, the amp rating is for sparking while switching that causes degradation on the contacts. 4amp will be plenty. As long as the switch contacts does not become hot. If they are clean and make good contact, that should not be a problem.

busy reconditioning my old ego/510 connector so that means i now have 1 x 510 connector and 1 x ego/510 connector so i can do both :) box mod of some type would have been next on the list anyhow

Cool! So once you have the passthrough working, we will help you design some stuff for a boxmod.

when i finally build a boxmod i want a touch switch on there. one of those nifty stick finger over 2 metal contacts type touch switches. that's just cool :cool:

when i finally build a boxmod i want a touch switch on there. one of those nifty stick finger over 2 metal contacts type touch switches. that's just cool :cool:
It is a switch that works on capacitance. Fun fact: the iPhone screen was built on that tech. One thing you will have to look at is protection. That capacitance switch will fire in your pocket as well. So you will either have to be diligent in locking your device, or the fire button should auto lock after 30 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nah you wire a small on/off switch in the system so before pocket time switchy goes to off position. maybe even magnetise the one cover and put on/off switch inside

well colour me silly, forgot that the wee evic easy head doubles as a usb passthrough/charger when plugged into an appropriate device. so wall powered usb hub type thing. well guess its box mod time :D

right, looks like there's at least 2 of us now looking at cobbling together some kind of easy bod mod. let the mad planning begin :)

Back