Reload RTA Clone - Good/Bad idea?

So guys, what coils for this tank???
A good set of Nano Aliens, 3x 28 or 29AWG cores, with 36 or 38AWG outer, N80, 3mm 6 wraps. Should be around the 0.17-0.20ohm mark. Cut the legs at 4mm, install flush on the deck while screwing the legs secure, with the 3mm coil rod in the coil. Once secure pull up, till the slack is gone and the coils should automatically be at almost perfect height, pulse and pull again, will bring them slightly higher. Position coils closer to the center, about 1mm gap in between. Wick tight enough to have to pull the cotton through but not enough to deform the coils, comb only the very ends out as this will remove loose fibers and straighten the cotton closer to the coil without losing the bulk that keeps it saturated. Place your scissors on the outer o ring, tilt 45 degrees and snip, the cotton will peek about halfway through the wick ports.

A good set of Nano Aliens, 3x 28 or 29AWG cores, with 36 or 38AWG outer, N80, 3mm 6 wraps. Should be around the 0.17-0.20ohm mark. Cut the legs at 4mm, install flush on the deck while screwing the legs secure, with the 3mm coil rod in the coil. Once secure pull up, till the slack is gone and the coils should automatically be at almost perfect height, pulse and pull again, will bring them slightly higher. Position coils closer to the center, about 1mm gap in between. Wick tight enough to have to pull the cotton through but not enough to deform the coils, comb only the very ends out as this will remove loose fibers and straighten the cotton closer to the coil without losing the bulk that keeps it saturated. Place your scissors on the outer o ring, tilt 45 degrees and snip, the cotton will peek about halfway through the wick ports.

Got it @Moey_Ismail . :headbang:

WRT coil cutting: a few people (as well as a tutorial by Crafted Coils) have mentioned that the coil legs should be cut at 6-6.5mm. This so that the coils sit above the air holes. How are the 4mm legs working out for oyu?

Got it @Moey_Ismail . :headbang:

WRT coil cutting: a few people (as well as a tutorial by Crafted Coils) have mentioned that the coil legs should be cut at 6-6.5mm. This so that the coils sit above the air holes. How are the 4mm legs working out for oyu?
Most people cut them at that length, at 4mm its perfect for me because I pull the slack out completely that the 3mm rod is snug and has to be rotated to remove from the coil, something about slack coil legs troubles me . But if you don't mind that, the 6-6.5mm should work fine

Legs were cut at 4mm here but coils weren't positioned towards the center as yet. Pulling them to the center will bring them higher as it's more of a straight line in relation to the post holesIMG_20190913_145339_827.jpg IMG_20191016_223418_557.jpg

@ace_d_house_cat also bear in mind, too high will make your wicking suffer a bit as it's a long way for the juice to travel, this way I get the bottom 3rd of the coils to line up with the top of the airflow nub thingy

would highly recommend annealing the grub screws...their are notoriously bad on an otherwise awesome rta.

Placed an order with BLCK Vapor at 10am, received it at 3pm the very same day. THAT IS SERVICE! :campeon:

Speaking of which, their shipping is only R65 to PTA/JHB. Why can't all shops do the same? I'm all for supporting vape shops but I'm not prepared to pay R150 for shipping that's less than 10km away. There shouldn't be an excuse, the technology and partners are there and there shoulbd be a contstant drive to make vape goods more accessible to the ever-growing customer base, which there doesn't seem to be.

Anyways, rant over, back on topic:

Received my Reload RTA yesterday and I am extremely happy! :clap:

Coiled (Wotofo dual core aliens, 3mm ID) and wicked it (CB Prime) and got it right on the first try!

20210125-202601.jpg
20210125-203710.jpg

20210125-204838.jpg

It's 0.09 ohms and at 75w it seems to be at it's best.

Just a few questions:

1. Bearing in mind that this tank will be used exclusively for desserts, can anyone recommend a set of coils for it?
2. I see that that drip tip is fairly unique, does anyone know where I can get a replacement that matches my gunmetal Centaurus?

Overall; very happy and one of the best pieces of kit that I have.

Welcome to the best RTA on the planet haha, i cannot beat the reload 24 no matter how hard i try.

All qp designs tanks tested
Have the petri 24 also
Tauren beest tried
Rebirth rta tried
Blotto rta tried
Blitzen tried
Have omni shados

All above are great tanks but nothing beats the OG reload.

For me, coil pacement has to be a tad higher to what you yours at, a little more centred away from airflow. Wicking thinned out quite a bit, i can barely see my wick in the channels but its quite full where the wicks go into the channeks to avoid leaking.

Once you get the coil olacement and wicking right on this tank, all else becomes history and I honestly cannot see any dual coil rta beating it. Plus it's a damn looker! I do however feel the petri 24 has a slight edge over the reload for desserts but overall the reload 24 is the worlds greatest for me.

Some special babies I put together for my Reload. 2x 28AWG frames, 4x 0.3mm ribbons stacked, 36AWG alien wrap, 3mm ID, 6 wrap, all N80. Now to install them. IMG_20210128_204028.jpg IMG_20210128_204312.jpg

Awesome. I wouldn't mind "Acquiring" a set from you to try in mine if you have spare to sell.
Always trying different builds in mine.

Awesome!

I have my coils placed in exactly the same position. The cotton must not go right to the floor of the deck, right?
It won't really affect the vape if the cotton is thinned out enough. Mine sits just behind the cotton retaining ring with a few stragglers peeking through.

Coils should be much closer to the airflow. Your choice but test both ways with a complex juice you are familiar with.
Tried many different coil positions and this for me was the best, in theory the air pressure builds up beneath the coils, engulfing them completely, bringing all the flavor particles up. Also having the coils closer to the airflow ports makes the draw tighter

Back