Reo Mail

And.... Picked it up/ had itdelivered by @Jakey today! Awesome doing business Sir, will be picking up batteries etc tomorrow, then she will be fully up and running :rock:

20150423_182525_zps9toahdbb.jpg

And.... Picked it up/ had itdelivered by @Jakey today! Awesome doing business Sir, will be picking up batteries etc tomorrow, then she will be fully up and running :rock:

20150423_182525_zps9toahdbb.jpg
Most welcome to Reoville. Your Reo looks in great nick. Enjoy and please tell us about it. @johan should be along in the not too distant future to award your official Reonaut badge.

Will be learning all I can about the mod, and then start adding DIY touches to personalise it to me... Colour change will be my first point to start on, something different...

Beautiful @Redeemer, can't wait to hear your comments. Welcome to Reoville and here's your official Reonaut badge:

ReoBadge.png

Thank you kind Sir
Can't wait to have it completely built tomorrow, and start my REO-Ville vaping journey!

Thank you kind Sir
Can't wait to have it completely built tomorrow, and start my REO-Ville vaping journey!

I know you meant well, but I beg you, never, ever, call me "sir".

Last edited:
Just a token of respect....
Being brought up Afrikaans, I should say Oom :rofl:
Hope the use of s... didn't conflict with another lifestyle I'm accustomed to, in which case, I'm very sorry for using it indeed :help:

Hope the use of s... didn't conflict with another lifestyle I'm accustomed to, in which case, I'm very sorry for using it indeed :help:

Ok, I see you are fairly new here - "oom" is equally worse! ... and before you end up in "k@k straat" let me explain quickly:

• The title "sir" is a derogatory title reserved for the British, descended from so called aristocracy.
  • The title "oom" I only tolerate from young beautiful girls that yell at me: "yes! oom"

Ok, I see you are fairly new here - "oom" is equally worse! let me explain quickly:

• The title "sir" is a derogatory title reserved for the British, descended from so called aristocracy.
  • The title "oom" I only tolerate from young beautiful girls that yell at me: "yes! oom"
@johan there can be only two reasons why anyone would call you "Oom" or "Sir", both of these originate from you avatar pic.
You have have your hand on your hat and you are posing like a gentleman in a greeting mode like "Sir..." and your profile pic depicts a picture of a respectable gentleman in his late 50's. :)

Don't stress...we all learnt the hard way. I did post a thread somewhere on how to approach that person...will have to search for it. But load shedding first!

Don't stress...we all learnt the hard way. I did post a thread somewhere on how to approach that person...will have to search for it. But load shedding first!
I'm so grateful I don't have have that issue on this side of the world. Bought so much fun dyes batteries while i was home just to compensate for the load shedding

@johan there can be only two reasons why anyone would call you "Oom" or "Sir", both of these originate from you avatar pic.
You have have your hand on your hat and you are posing like a gentleman in a greeting mode like "Sir..." and your profile pic depicts a picture of a respectable gentleman in his late 50's. :)

There are a huge differences between "sir", "gentleman" and "oom" ;) - never let an avatar fool you ;). If I have to make that kind of derivation of some the member's avatars on this forum, I will be taken to the cleaners for defamation. (My avatar is a photo of Leonard Cohen taken in his late 70's).

Interesting the general 2 accepted definitions of the word: "avatar":
  1. Hinduism: a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher.
  2. Computing: an icon or figure representing a particular person in computer games, Internet forums, etc.

Last edited:
Congrats on the Reo @Redeemer
She looks stunning
Wishing you all the best with it - and many many happy vapes!

There are a huge differences between "sir", "gentleman" and "oom" ;) - never let an avatar fool you ;). If I have to make that kind of derivation of some the member's avatars on this forum, I will be taken to the cleaners for defamation. (My avatar is a photo of Leonard Cohen taken in his late 70's).

Interesting the general 2 accepted definitions of the word: "avatar":
  1. Hinduism: a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher.
  2. Computing: an icon or figure representing a particular person in computer games, Internet forums, etc.
Thanks @johan! I get get it now not "AVATAR PIC" but "AVATAR"

Last edited:
@Andre disliked your post due to the fact that you could have given me a heads up and pm'd me this link when @Silver asked me to do a 'who do you think you talking to' for @johan .

Ok undid the rating, dnt have the heart to outright dislike something ;)

Hi All,

Well previously I had a nice long post typed out re my intro to Reo, will see how far this goes. I got the Kui with the group buy to see how it might go. It was fair enough save for the reliability but after putting it down and taking up the IPV mini and Kayfuns and Russians again, well, I just couldn't.

I am not a master coiler or wicker of any sort and never quite got the hang of wicking on the RBA's for 90% VG, regardless of how big the juice channels were. I always had a dry hit. The first thing with the reo I thus had to do was get used to the flavour of juice without the burnt wick flavour (true story :)).

I am also a fan of VV / VW due to the consistent vape given by PWM regardless of voltage drain / capacity (can't seem to get the right term right now :-(). While I still miss this, having a few drippers coiled at different ohms has more or less given a work around to this issue.

This has however been a small trade off for the benefits of the ultra reliable vape given by the Reo and while I have seen some say that 'X' BF RDA needs to be coiled in 'Y' way, and the same for wicking, I have not experienced any real or perceived issue with this. I attribute this to my poor building technique and experiences which has left me unspoilt. Everything just tastes great or greater with any of the 2x odins, darang or RM2 in my daily rotation. Recently though, I have found that I am less inclined to fault even this and happily vape at .6ohms on the Darang all day down to 3.5V sometimes even 3.4V.

I have it for just over a month and I was in doubt right up until 30min before I had to meet @Gambit to pay and collect. Not being one to hide my fears I told him I was nervous about the purchase. He was really cool and great about it. He said no issues, come around to the mini vape meet and have a toot anyway. Funny thing is the minute he handed it to me and I touched it, I had to have it, it just felt great in the hand and everything else has been the same.

The vape meet was great too as I finally got to taste some other juices besides my 24/7/365 VM DIY chocolate for like 8 months. So with due respect I'd like to give a shout out to the other members there that day that opened my vaping world a bit more which was, in no particular order; @shaunnadan ; @BigAnt ; @dr phil and of course @Gambit.

I also would like to say thank you to @Andre , Reo's biggest advocate (Rob should give you a freaking commission! :D) and @shabbar who's pestering to buy a Reo I resisted for over a year (gaan k@? in elk geval :D).

I think I still need a VW device though but having read how others struggle with high VG (ok in fairness they don't all say 'struggle'), there isn't much drive or urgency to run out there save for some variation.

Thanks to all other many great people in the forum and community, many occasions I wish I had more time for it. But for sure I am glad now that a good vape doesn't have to take up a big part of my day anymore.

Regards,
Rafiq

Oh, btw, here is a picture of my favourite shirt and some might notice a Reo Grand (Custom LP) in my hand 8--). It doesn't have a name but mostly I refer to it as "where the F*&$ is my vape?" LOL.

Attachments

• 20150423_173110.jpg
    20150423_173110.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 36
Hi All,

Well previously I had a nice long post typed out re my intro to Reo, will see how far this goes. I got the Kui with the group buy to see how it might go. It was fair enough save for the reliability but after putting it down and taking up the IPV mini and Kayfuns and Russians again, well, I just couldn't.

I am not a master coiler or wicker of any sort and never quite got the hang of wicking on the RBA's for 90% VG, regardless of how big the juice channels were. I always had a dry hit. The first thing with the reo I thus had to do was get used to the flavour of juice without the burnt wick flavour (true story :)).

I am also a fan of VV / VW due to the consistent vape given by PWM regardless of voltage drain / capacity (can't seem to get the right term right now :-(). While I still miss this, having a few drippers coiled at different ohms has more or less given a work around to this issue.

This has however been a small trade off for the benefits of the ultra reliable vape given by the Reo and while I have seen some say that 'X' BF RDA needs to be coiled in 'Y' way, and the same for wicking, I have not experienced any real or perceived issue with this. I attribute this to my poor building technique and experiences which has left me unspoilt. Everything just tastes great or greater with any of the 2x odins, darang or RM2 in my daily rotation. Recently though, I have found that I am less inclined to fault even this and happily vape at .6ohms on the Darang all day down to 3.5V sometimes even 3.4V.

I have it for just over a month and I was in doubt right up until 30min before I had to meet @Gambit to pay and collect. Not being one to hide my fears I told him I was nervous about the purchase. He was really cool and great about it. He said no issues, come around to the mini vape meet and have a toot anyway. Funny thing is the minute he handed it to me and I touched it, I had to have it, it just felt great in the hand and everything else has been the same.

The vape meet was great too as I finally got to taste some other juices besides my 24/7/365 VM DIY chocolate for like 8 months. So with due respect I'd like to give a shout out to the other members there that day that opened my vaping world a bit more which was, in no particular order; @shaunnadan ; @BigAnt ; @dr phil and of course @Gambit.

I also would like to say thank you to @Andre , Reo's biggest advocate (Rob should give you a freaking commission! :D) and @shabbar who's pestering to buy a Reo I resisted for over a year (gaan k@? in elk geval :D).

I think I still need a VW device though but having read how others struggle with high VG (ok in fairness they don't all say 'struggle'), there isn't much drive or urgency to run out there save for some variation.

Thanks to all other many great people in the forum and community, many occasions I wish I had more time for it. But for sure I am glad now that a good vape doesn't have to take up a big part of my day anymore.

Regards,
Rafiq

Oh, btw, here is a picture of my favourite shirt and some might notice a Reo Grand (Custom LP) in my hand 8--). It doesn't have a name but mostly I refer to it as "where the F*&$ is my vape?" LOL.
Most welcome to Reoville. Thank you for a great post and your kind words. Glad you are enjoying the Reo. @johan should be around in due time to award your official Reonaut badge.

Hi All,

Regards,
Rafiq

Really enjoyed reading your post. Welcome to Reoville and may the unnamed Reo provide you with many more "F*&$" good vapes. Here's your Official Reonaut badge:

ReoBadge.png

Really enjoyed reading your post. Welcome to Reoville and may the unnamed Reo provide you with many more "F*&$" good vapes. Here's your Official Reonaut badge:

Never expected it to be so but getting the badge is pretty satisfying :).

Now to find the :baseball::basketball::rugby::soccerball::crystalball: to layout the dosh for the stunning engraving a la @Rob Fisher. Beautiful work from @hands but I'm sure owning such a master piece is even better.

Please is there a combined thread showing Reo customisation? According to Google Images it seems SA is pretty much leading the pack.

Ciao for now everybody.

Back