Not open for further replies.

Lim

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi,

I am thinking of a group buy for Samsung's 25 R

it a 2500mah at 20a

with international parcel and duty and shit, if we get about 10 ppl can get at about 120~150 a piece

please let me know if you interested

Hi,

I am thinking of a group buy for Samsung's 25 R

it a 2500mah at 20a

with international parcel and duty and shit, if we get about 10 ppl can get at about 120~150 a piece

please let me know if you interested
Where will you be ordering them from bud?

I'm guessing the Sony VTC5's they have are fake? Although not sure which VTC that is
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...635&pvid=004c6141-24b0-4df1-9efb-7929c05d475c

Cheaper then the Samsung 25R^

Works out to R87 a battery here for 4 packs
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-INR...ultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3a97c818e4#shpCntId

I wonder if these will work well in an IPV3

VandaL, good question for you bud, did you count in the delivery and the import duties and the VAT ? the 4 battery version is sold out, but from the 3 batteries is 24. usd, I can imagine 4 battery is 32 usd, so that is already your 87 rand each,

and what about that 104 rand USPS parcel? 100 divide by 4 is 25 rand on each battery, that is now over 100 rand and we not even finished yet

and when it landed here at post office, you pay customs duties? and the VAT on top of the duties? even if you are so lucky that they might consider 0% on import duties, there is still 14% VAT, and that put it to 114 rand a battery.

No trying to blast you, but was I not correct on the assumption?

max import duties can be up to 45%. I know there are specific regulations on SARS, but you think they do follow that? I had experience of shoes which is suppose to charge 30% but was charged 45% and compression gear that is suppose to be 0% and also charged at 45% so I would not be so optimistic on the import duties

max import duties can be up to 45%. I know there are specific regulations on SARS, but you think they do follow that? I had experience of shoes which is suppose to charge 30% but was charged 45% and compression gear that is suppose to be 0% and also charged at 45% so I would not be so optimistic on the import duties

A bit off topic, but if you think that SARS are asking for too much customs duty(if you think they are, they probably are) you can ask for it to be re-assessed. You are well within your right to do this. I once bought something overseas for R600 and they wanted to charge me duties of R300, so asked to re-assess and it came out at R90(the correct amount). SARS will try to f*** you every chance they get.

A bit off topic, but if you think that SARS are asking for too much customs duty(if you think they are, they probably are) you can ask for it to be re-assessed. You are well within your right to do this. I once bought something overseas for R600 and they wanted to charge me duties of R300, so asked to re-assess and it came out at R90(the correct amount). SARS will try to f*** you every chance they get.
hi moist,

yeah, it ia true, but this time of the year i send some thing back for re access and it has not came back for a month due to strike... so fuxx SAPO...

anyway, i was saying this because i dont want some newbies for international trading to get wrong impression that they are looking at one price on ebay and when i put on group buy it another price. now days people just easily follow the voice of some one without actually checking if it is true or not.

if indeed that other guy can get it landed here for 87 rand, i would also want to buy from him.

as the rule state, this is a non profit side of the forum. if i want to make some quick bucks, i would post at sales and not here

VandaL, good question for you bud, did you count in the delivery and the import duties and the VAT ? the 4 battery version is sold out, but from the 3 batteries is 24. usd, I can imagine 4 battery is 32 usd, so that is already your 87 rand each,

and what about that 104 rand USPS parcel? 100 divide by 4 is 25 rand on each battery, that is now over 100 rand and we not even finished yet

and when it landed here at post office, you pay customs duties? and the VAT on top of the duties? even if you are so lucky that they might consider 0% on import duties, there is still 14% VAT, and that put it to 114 rand a battery.

No trying to blast you, but was I not correct on the assumption?

@x56696e9b

When i import things, i usually go with DHL or Aramex, seems like they do the clearing for you and the supplier pays the tax and stuff, Every time i got stuff from china i just paid what they asked me, and the stuff was delivered to my door. I think if you go cheaper shipping you wait for our stuff and they slam you with VAT and stuff what works out more expensive in the long run, and it's not like it is a packet of coils, the last group buy was over 2kg and still nothing extra.

Afaik, you are not allowed to import Lithium batteries using USPS at least batteries on their own. they are required to be preinstalled in a device built for that specific battery, I believe a few years ago a shipment of lithium batteries blew up in transit. If you were to purchase these batteries and use USPS you would have to declare it as something else, which is illegal.

So to legally import batteries into SA is an EXTREMELY expensive affair, as companies that offer DHL/Fedex you pay something like R1000+ for shipping then you have to deal with customs which I'm assuming is around 24% of the value.

Such is life for the SA vapor who wants high quality stuff :)

@x56696e9b

When i import things, i usually go with DHL or Aramex, seems like they do the clearing for you and the supplier pays the tax and stuff, Every time i got stuff from china i just paid what they asked me, and the stuff was delivered to my door. I think if you go cheaper shipping you wait for our stuff and they slam you with VAT and stuff what works out more expensive in the long run, and it's not like it is a packet of coils, the last group buy was over 2kg and still nothing extra.

Kimbo, what you say is also true, I had experience of ordering from Japan and using FedEx, and I did not have to pay Duty, but there was still VAT.

So VandaL you know some thing about importing, then you know the price I quoted is not over pricing at all, and there is hardly another means of getting the battery on your own except buying from a local supplier.

So VandaL you know some thing about importing, then you know the price I quoted is not over pricing at all, and there is hardly another means of getting the battery on your own except buying from a local supplier.

Well I'm not going to pretend to know how local customs work because when I purchased my Veritas, when it arrived at DURMAIL I went to pick it up and was told I had to pay R400 in taxes, which was ridiculous, so I told them to redo their assessment and ended up paying R80 which is reasonable.

Another example when I purchased my bag of Koh gen doh cotton I was told I had to pay R500 because COTTON is made in south africa. So I went back to customs and told them JAPANESE COTTON is made in JAPAN and isn't available here so I refuse to pay R500 for something that cost me R210 (around $19). So they looked at it and I paid nothing.

so these samsung batteries are INR and IMR

does that mean anything? like chemistry wise?

Afaik, you are not allowed to import Lithium batteries using USPS at least batteries on their own. they are required to be preinstalled in a device built for that specific battery, I believe a few years ago a shipment of lithium batteries blew up in transit. If you were to purchase these batteries and use USPS you would have to declare it as something else, which is illegal.

So to legally import batteries into SA is an EXTREMELY expensive affair, as companies that offer DHL/Fedex you pay something like R1000+ for shipping then you have to deal with customs which I'm assuming is around 24% of the value.

Such is life for the SA vapor who wants high quality stuff :)
We brought in VTC5's via USPS no problem. I think @Rob Fisher did too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back