Show us your Builds - Genesis Style RBA (Kraken, Steam Turbine, RSST)

I got mine from CVS when I ordered the RSST from him.
@thekeeperza what mod are you running that setup on? I ran mine on the SVD but with most builds I just felt that I didn't have enough power even at 15W. Probably best to use a mech, but I don't have one yet!

I got mine from CVS when I ordered the RSST from him.
@thekeeperza what mod are you running that setup on? I ran mine on the SVD but with most builds I just felt that I didn't have enough power even at 15W. Probably best to use a mech, but I don't have one yet!
I have it on a RaiVapes Launcher mech. Rock solid mech!
I am going to try the same wick/coil setup on the Kraken this weekend - maybe even a dual setup and see what happens.

Hmmm, I did the calcs on a mech with 1.3ohm, you're looking at between 10.5 and 13.5W depending on whether batt is fully charged or not. So that's not bad then, it means that build should theoretically work quite nicely on an SVD.

@thekeeperza how tight is the mesh rolled? and did you torch it before you rolled or after you rolled or not at all? Does the wicking keep up nicely or do you have to tilt it at all?

First torch the mesh.
Roll just a bit around a 2mm drill bit to get the mesh rolling.
Re-roll around a piece of 28g kanthal. The roll needs to be as tight as possible.
Once rolled to size torch roll again.
Add juice and burn till flame goes out. Repeat 4-5 times. This makes a huge difference to the wicking. Before this step the juice (50/50) takes ages to soak in to the mesh.
So far it seems to be keeping up, not so sure how it will wick at lower ohms

The problem with SS rope is to get it cut to size. For that you need a specialized cutter. Ask me, I have some beautiful SS rope, which I could not use for I could not cut it without it fraying horrible. I tried all sorts of methods. So, unless you have access to the right tools, get pre-cut SS rope.

The problem with SS rope is to get it cut to size. For that you need a specialized cutter. Ask me, I have some beautiful SS rope, which I could not use for I could not cut it without it fraying horrible. I tried all sorts of methods. So, unless you have access to the right tools, get pre-cut SS rope.
Found this method http://ukvapers.org/Thread-How-I-cut-ss-Rope
And obviously there is something available on FT http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10003272/1244205-steel-cord-and-wire-cutter - should be able to get something similar here
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have cut it with my cable shears and my dremel . Both work like a dream

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

First attempt on the kraken @Hotti making me build his coils.

SS Mesh
0.65 Ohm

2014-04-13-17.11.11.jpg
2014-04-13-17.16.jpg

Working out the shorts - Timely process - coil popped twice

2014-04-13-17.35.jpg

2014-04-13-18.01.jpg

2014-04-13-19.03.jpg

Don't like the taste of the SS mesh, note sure what we did wrong. But will definitely give it another go with cotton.

My Kraken, really became a Kraken.

adyty7un.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Eish, not cool. Good thing you can order spare tanks though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

$1.28. Gonna order 5

Sounds good. Open tomorrow? How much?

I have a wicking idea running around in my head for the RSST or Kracken, if anybody has tried this please let me know, if not, what is your opinion of the idea for a Genesis style wick.

I thought I would ask if anyone has tried it before I experiment.

I have been wondering how this would work.

Wrap 500 SS mesh around 2mm silica wick and then coil?

Opinions or experience please.

Sounds good. Open tomorrow? How much?

You will have to contact them, I have no idea. The glass is on their web site - think it is R60.00.

I have a wicking idea running around in my head for the RSST or Kracken, if anybody has tried this please let me know, if not, what is your opinion of the idea for a Genesis style wick.

I thought I would ask if anyone has tried it before I experiment.

I have been wondering how this would work.

Wrap 500 SS mesh around 2mm silica wick and then coil?

Opinions or experience please.
Think that has been done with good results, maybe search on YouTube.

Finally got a good working setup on the Kraken...ss rope with ss mesh under a 28g coil.
uploadfromtaptalk1399233946603.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

How does it vape @thekeeperza ?

Been eyeing my SS rope and wondering

How does it vape @thekeeperza ?

Been eyeing my SS rope and wondering
Rather nice I would say...just not sure about the wick yet. doesn't wick as well as cotton for sure. I did try coil with ribbon but kept burning through so after 4 tries I fell back on simple wire.

Wasn't very happy with the coil and wick on the Kraken so decided to redo it. Same ss rope wick but added ekowool. 28g at 1.1ohm. Much better using the ekowool so far but will run it for a few days and see.
uploadfromtaptalk1401046661813.jpg

Wasn't very happy with the coil and wick on the Kraken so decided to redo it. Same ss rope wick but added ekowool. 28g at 1.1ohm. Much better using the ekowool so far but will run it for a few days and see.
View attachment 5407

They say that is the way to go. I have done a 3 mm ceramic wick on the RSST, which also worked a charm.

They say that is the way to go. I have done a 3 mm ceramic wick on the RSST, which also worked a charm.
Ceramic wick would certainly be easier than getting that ekowool over the ss rope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oky guys and fellow coil building ladys

Won the Smokteck RSST at the JHB vape meet 4, with the bedazel computition:party:. Had to wait till the end of the month to get myself sum mech. Oky all done. Now the coil...

Followd the Rip Trippers vid : Genesis Atomizer Coil Wrapping For A Newbie!

And this is what I got, its ok. Just think I need to drill out this air hole...

Attachments

• IMG_1331.JPG
    IMG_1331.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1332.JPG
    IMG_1332.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 30
Back