Show us your Builds - The Goblin & Goblin Mini

Riaz

Passion changes everything
VIP
LV

Awards
Seeing we have so many Goblin owners here, Ive decided to start our own thread.

Show us what you got

This is my build

26g kanthal
8 wraps
2mm ID
0.4 ohms
Japanese cotton wick

The flavor from this atty is unbelievable.

Ive only had mine for 2 days now, and im very impressed.

2015-02-19 17.13.40.jpg
2015-02-19 17.13.49.jpg
2015-02-19 17.13.59.jpg

In my previous build i left the wick on the deck- this caused major leaking!

This time i decided to run the wick a little into the channels- hope this will solve the leaking.

Great stuff @Riaz ! I wicked my Goblin like @Dubz video showed and I went through my whole tank without a dry hit. Very impressed with this tank.

Great stuff @Riaz ! I wicked my Goblin like @Dubz video showed and I went through my whole tank without a dry hit. Very impressed with this tank.
Thanks bro

Can you post a link to the vid here please.

Awesome vid @Dubz

I havent had a dry hit yet.

Ill check for leaking when i get home, if i see any traces of juice, i will rewick as per the video.

I received my Goblin today and wicked it like the video and no dry hits. Been through 2 tanks of juice already :D. Great flavour and boy is this tank thirsty, 0.3ohm 26ga 2.4mm ID dual coil - Japanese cotton, vaping at 45watts on sigelei 100watt plus.

Will buy a Goblin end of the month. I'll need a tank when I send my Reo in to the spa for a refit. Can't go around dripping everywhere :p

So last night, i decided to swop for the bigger tank and rewicked one time as per the video

No dry hits, no leaking what so ever

Super @Riaz

How do you like the bigger tank? Can you pick up any difference in the vape itself?

How does the Goblin vape compare for you to your other devices?

ill definitely be checking this video out when i get home. work network blocks videos.
any help to improve my goblin experience is welcome
thanks @TylerD

Super @Riaz

How do you like the bigger tank? Can you pick up any difference in the vape itself?

How does the Goblin vape compare for you to your other devices?
I like the big tank mainly for the obvious reason of holding more juice- i had to refill thrice yesterday on the smaller tank

As for flavor wise, with the smaller one it was a bit harsh for my throat (running at 0.4ohms) because i think im coming down with a throat infection, but the flavor is definitely better than the bigger tank.

It much more subtle with the bigger chimney, if i can put it that way.

I will probably revert back to the smaller tank when im a bit better.

But there is definitely a difference in taste as well as the vape experience between the big and small tanks.

As for the other devices, Odin and Dark Horse, the flavor is right up there with these drippers.

The flavor given from the Goblin is amazing, considering it is a RBA.

This is a huge plus for me as ive discovered that dripping is not really my thing. Hoping to get my Odin bf'd this weekend and will probably use the DH very occasionally. I would say the flavor from the Goblin is similar to that i get off the Odin.

Can i actually compare it to the Atomic, yes definitely- it kicks its @ss.

These are just my views and what ive experienced- that being said, vaping is subjective, what works for one might not work for another, but to those who dont have a Goblin, get one you wont regret it.

Over and out

Are you still having the leaking issue @Marzuq ?
No @Riaz i resolved the leak on my second build. you need to feed some of your wick part of the way into the channels to prevent the leaking.
the issue i have is dry hits and dull flavour.

I like the big tank mainly for the obvious reason of holding more juice- i had to refill thrice yesterday on the smaller tank

As for flavor wise, with the smaller one it was a bit harsh for my throat (running at 0.4ohms) because i think im coming down with a throat infection, but the flavor is definitely better than the bigger tank.

It much more subtle with the bigger chimney, if i can put it that way.

I will probably revert back to the smaller tank when im a bit better.

But there is definitely a difference in taste as well as the vape experience between the big and small tanks.

As for the other devices, Odin and Dark Horse, the flavor is right up there with these drippers.

The flavor given from the Goblin is amazing, considering it is a RBA.

This is a huge plus for me as ive discovered that dripping is not really my thing. Hoping to get my Odin bf'd this weekend and will probably use the DH very occasionally. I would say the flavor from the Goblin is similar to that i get off the Odin.

Can i actually compare it to the Atomic, yes definitely- it kicks its @ss.

These are just my views and what ive experienced- that being said, vaping is subjective, what works for one might not work for another, but to those who dont have a Goblin, get one you wont regret it.

Over and out

Thanks for the feedback @Riaz
most interesting and informative.
I like the way you described the difference between the small and large tank.

I am intending on getting this Goblin at some point and I do look forward to trying it out.

No @Riaz i resolved the leak on my second build. you need to feed some of your wick part of the way into the channels to prevent the leaking.
the issue i have is dry hits and dull flavour.
Yip that is what solved the leaks.

You using rayon to wick correct?

I found that in RBA's, personally, rayon gave me the same issues. There is something about using rayon in RBA's where you have to use the exact amount or you will get dry hits.

My take on it is, dry hits are mainly caused by the wick not being able to saturate itself quick enough. So the coils are burning the wick faster than the juice can saturate it. Could be fixed by using a little less wick going down the channels, but just enough to prevent it from leaking.

wicking it like in the dubz video leaks to poor wicking performance. I prefer more wick with thin tails going into to the channels and 2mm diameter with 30awg gets me good results. Can hit 50 watts no dry hits. Still need to improve the wicking to reach 60 watts

ill definitely be checking this video out when i get home. work network blocks videos.
any help to improve my goblin experience is welcome
thanks @TylerD
Te way the guy in the video wick it, just works for me. No dry hit or leaking for two days now. Rewicked yesterday again, and no burn marks on the cotton. Was perfectly white. Winner.

Te way the guy in the video wick it, just works for me. No dry hit or leaking for two days now. Rewicked yesterday again, and no burn marks on the cotton. Was perfectly white. Winner.
what ohms and watts do you run it on?

26g
7 wraps
Dual coul
2.5mm ID
0.39ohms

IMG-20150221-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20150221-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20150221-WA0009.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20150221-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20150221-WA0002.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 48
Loving my goblin mini

Only device that im consistently using

Just thought i put it out there

Wanna try new and different builds deck a bit small but ill take the time and do it...

Latest build

26 gauge A1 kanthal
9 wraps
dual coil
0.54 ohms
vaping at 40 watts

Next build will try for a 0.2/0.3 ohms

Love sob ohming

d12ba0239f6eac301cbf8267bc7fb443.jpg

Ps

Thinking of getting the bellus or the tfv4 next

Pensive state

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

Hi @Anwar - i have moved your post above to this existing thread on builds for the Goblins

Still a noob when it comes to building but I did a single coil twisted build with 28 kanthal.

Came to 0.7 ohms. (leads could have been the other way round but its been working great so far).

Forgot to take a photo of the wicking but here is the coil.

Attachments

• e 217.JPG
    e 217.JPG
    282.4 KB · Views: 46
This is the kind of post ive been waiting for. I just cant seem to get the little gem to work

Thanks, it's my first RTA and been having a tonne of fun with it.

Have only done around 5 builds on it (note the "noob" bit) but the twisted seemed the easiest to make and has been working great the last few days.

Back