Show us your Pit Stop

Pitstop tonight is my trusty SubTank Mini

The coil had been running in here since Sep17. But only about 40ml of juice through it. Normally I'd get more than that but this coil was tired and gunked up.

So out with the precision coiling equipment.

Here is my masterpiece. If you look closely you will see it's actually a quad core 30g claptoned with 40g SS. It's such a good job that you can't easily see it unless you look really close:

80876aab01fcbc790b9e57c740d3f5fd.jpg

Hehe, only kidding - that was for @Christos. This is a simple 28g 2mm ID 8 wrapper. Came out at 1.3 ohms. Am happy, it came out neatly.

Next is making it glow and then strumming and snooker cue. And then wicking with Rayon because this wick shines for me with fruity menthols.

Bunny ears:

6bd206637f412a9cf07f467cd95257a7.jpg

Snip those ears, position the wicks and lube up:

c392fbe71abd5e506e6888ea1f8cecc4.jpg

And voila ! The SubTank Mini is making a great vape again. Got undressed for the photo shoot. Off with the tank band and mod sleeve. This istick50 is the perfect driver for this tank for me. Perfect handfit, great battery life and reliable.

f762e88c59bccd7d8901f79440c4c1a0.jpg

This tank is an incredible tank. It's never leaked and has performed flawlessly for a few years! A pleasure to coil and wick. Good flavour for low power restricted lung hits on fruity menthols.

It's my car vape and highly trusted out and abouter.

Love it to bits.

Isn’t there a very similar kanger bridge that comes with the sxk bb? If I’m right, you could sort of combine the best of the sub tank with the best of the bb and have the best Vape device all in one... for you obviously based on ur Vape style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major pit stop done on my MaTo squonker, Flave 22 ti, Dee Mods squonk bottles and DA ONE refill bottle. Major OCD strikes again, stripped everything bare to the bone, ultrasonic clean with soapy water, rinse under clean water, left to air dry and a new coil and wick installed. Build was a little too hot for my liking so I removed the staged wire and kept only the 5 core alien and removed a wrap. Very very pleased with it.View attachment 117185 View attachment 117186 View attachment 117187 View attachment 117188 View attachment 117189

I don’t think I’ve ever done such a thorough cleaning job on any of the devices I own.... I guess I haven’t kept anything long enough to warrant such intensive cleaning except maybe the skyline which has pretty much only been soaked for a few mins in soapy water and then rinsed and air dried maybe 2 times this year

I don’t think I’ve ever done such a thorough cleaning job on any of the devices I own.... I guess I haven’t kept anything long enough to warrant such intensive cleaning except maybe the skyline which has pretty much only been soaked for a few mins in soapy water and then rinsed and air dried maybe 2 times this year

Thanks for the thought @Amir

I do think there is a kanger rba bridge or even something that can get the actual kanger rba to work in the bb.

But i also like the vape on the exocet in the bb with the fused clapton inside. Its a bigger more intense vape than my subtank setup and i like it how it is

Indeed it is! The Vape Guy also has stock now :)

Great to see some local availability :)
Now her in Durbs unfortunately.

I’ll have to order and then wait...

Thanks for the thought @Amir

I do think there is a kanger rba bridge or even something that can get the actual kanger rba to work in the bb.

But i also like the vape on the exocet in the bb with the fused clapton inside. Its a bigger more intense vape than my subtank setup and i like it how it is

I know u like the Exocet with Robs coil from the 80’s but I was actually referring to your second BB that you’re on the fence about buying

First pit Stop of 2018!

REO's, a BB and most of the RTA's currently in operation!
PitStop 007.JPG

Coils dry burned and cooled down under running water!
PitStop 009.JPG

Tanks air drying under the overhead fan.
PitStop 025.JPG

First major pit stop on the squonkers.

IMG_0628[1].JPG
After two cycles in the sonic washer, time to make some wire for the MTL OL16.
IMG_0629[1].JPG
40AWG is freaking invisible stuff!
In any case, wicked and ready to roll.
IMG_0630[1].JPG
By the way, not a good build, back to the drawing board....

Regards

First major pit stop on the squonkers.

View attachment 119682
After two cycles in the sonic washer, time to make some wire for the MTL OL16.
View attachment 119683
40AWG is freaking invisible stuff!
In any case, wicked and ready to roll.
View attachment 119684
By the way, not a good build, back to the drawing board....

Regards

What makes it not a good build? The coil position or wire type? Also looking at options for mtl on my ol16

@Amir and @Silver I have a kangertec bridge for my bb that I don't use. Perhaps you guys know where I can get the kangertec rebuildable from and I can give you feedback regarding for science!
The kanger coils need some higher watts but the flavour for desserts is generally very good and acceptable by my standards.

@Amir, how I wish I knew. The draw is good, airflow, flavor very good but lacks in volume.

Regards

That sounds very similar to the problem I’m having with a single coil off to one side in the ol16. It’s feels like an empty vape almost. I think the chamber is a bit too big for a single coil. Maybe you should increase the ID and number of wraps, and aim for a slightly lower resistance

@Amir and @Silver I have a kangertec bridge for my bb that I don't use. Perhaps you guys know where I can get the kangertec rebuildable from and I can give you feedback regarding for science!
The kanger coils need some higher watts but the flavour for desserts is generally very good and acceptable by my standards.

I’ll see if I can organize you a rebuildable. I do have a spare one lying around from the NEBOX as well as the sxk bb. I haven’t tried the rebuildable head in the bb but I have tried the Clapton kanger coils as well as the ss kanger coils. I think it’s the black and the blue colored o-ring. Anyway I find it needs around 55-60 W to come alive. Flavor is good but it’s way too hard on the battery. Also it’s not as good as the flavor on the Exocet.

Personally I find the build technique on the kanger RBA to be much more cumbersome than the Exocet as well.

That sounds very similar to the problem I’m having with a single coil off to one side in the ol16. It’s feels like an empty vape almost. I think the chamber is a bit too big for a single coil. Maybe you should increase the ID and number of wraps, and aim for a slightly lower resistance

The build before the one above was twisted dual strand 32AWG kanthal, 4.5 wrap 1.5~ID Z-coil. 1.04 Ohm and the closest I have come to the vape I am looking for. 2.5 ID coils do not fit between the posts.

Regards

The build before the one above was twisted dual strand 32AWG kanthal, 4.5 wrap 1.5~ID Z-coil. 1.04 Ohm and the closest I have come to the vape I am looking for. 2.5 ID coils do not fit between the posts.

Regards
Fit the 2.5 mm one on the side of the posts? That is how I do all mine.

Regards

I think I’ll join you at the drawing board when I find a minute and I’ll come back to you with feedback

Fit the 2.5 mm one on the side of the posts? That is how I do all mine.

How do you find the Vape with the other half of the rda being empty? I feel it’s a bit dry and almost feels like it’s lacking a bit. So much so that I went with a dual build for now till I can find out a bit more

How do you find the Vape with the other half of the rda being empty? I feel it’s a bit dry and almost feels like it’s lacking a bit. So much so that I went with a dual build for now till I can find out a bit more
It is perfect for my MTL on the second smallest air hole. I tilt the coil for the ceramic wick. Using clapton wire (various), from 0.5 to 0.8 ohm (tobacco to fruity).

It is perfect for my MTL on the second smallest air hole. I tilt the coil for the ceramic wick. Using clapton wire (various), from 0.5 to 0.8 ohm (tobacco to fruity).

I’ll try this with that vandy Vape MTL fused Clapton wire that I have

I’ll try this with that vandy Vape MTL fused Clapton wire that I have

Let us know how it goes @Amir
I have still not tried MTL in the OL16 but thats because I am "stuck" on restricted lung with superb 28g SS duals.

Let us know how it goes @Amir
I have still not tried MTL in the OL16 but thats because I am "stuck" on restricted lung with superb 28g SS duals.

I think I found something that’s works for me. Will report back at the end of the day. Not advisable to try a really high nic juice on an empty stomach before breakfast lol

Went with 26G ss 10 wraps on a 2.5mm bit coming in at .65 ohm. Put the coil between the posts and used the wick tails to create an air passage just off the post. Running it in single smallest air hole config and getting decent flavor but as expected, immense throat hit.

8b92a10613f5c150068d467de333892d.jpg

dd5991ea65677fe6d9a605208551f449.jpg

124730fdaa43add394d6655c61b79951.jpg

3070f3661fbb54538ff4ce8dd83c4328.jpg

That looks great @Amir
Dont have my ol16 nearby, i cant remember where the airflow hole(s) line up
Tryimg to think how the airflow goes with a single centre coil on the ol16

Must be a train throat hit with the coil nice and high up
Lovely

That looks great @Amir
Dont have my ol16 nearby, i cant remember where the airflow hole(s) line up
Tryimg to think how the airflow goes with a single centre coil on the ol16

Must be a train throat hit with the coil nice and high up
Lovely

Throat hit is just where I want it... as in I can’t manage more than 3 consecutive puffs without tearing. Airflow is really very customizable when it comes to the OL16 and with the air passage I created with the wick tails, the air has no choice but to go under and up and into me yearning lungs

Back