single coil vs dual coil

R_str

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi
was wondering which would be better for an high wattage mech mod, between an single coil or an dual coil? and what ohm coils would be considered as an " sweet spot " for an noisy cricket
thanks

All depends on the RDA, target resistance, what the batteries can handle and wire you are using. I would say start at 0.5ohms and see how you like the vape.

Remember to be safe with a mech and check your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel I need to stress the importance of battery safety here... Being your second post @R_str you do not get something like a high wattage mech mod... It all depends on your build you doing. I gathered you either have a Cricket V1 or 2 please note the V1 is a pure mech as they say with no room for error. V2 is more forgiving in the fact that it has certain fail safes in place but still please know your ohm laws. There is a plethora of posts on builds etc for various attys etc. Don't want you going blowing your face up....

Hi
was wondering which would be better for an high wattage mech mod, between an single coil or an dual coil? and what ohm coils would be considered as an " sweet spot " for an noisy cricket
thanks
Not to sound ambiguous but either. I say build no lower than.40 on the cricket.There are some good instructional videos on YouTube for safe and effective builds on the Cricket.

Hi
thanks

Hi @R_str
Just echoing on what the guys above say about safety
The noisy cricket V1 has no built in safety and being a dual series mod, the voltage with two cells is roughly 8 volts depending on battery life.

From what I have read, safe builds on the noisy cricket V1 (i dont have one myself) are as @kev mac says, above 0.4 ohms. At 0.4 ohms, the batteries will be drawing about 20 amps. You need to make sure your batteries are capable of continuously drawing 20 amps. Why continuous if you only vape for a few seconds? Well if it has a problem and autofires in your pocket for much longer without you knowing, then the batteries could vent if they cant handle that.

So the batteries you use need to be good quality and high drain. The other safety issue is using an atty with a 510 pin that protrudes and is not flush. Otherwise it could lead to problems as well, with shorting.

Regarding your question of single versus dual coils, that is up to you. Duals tend to produce more vapour. If you have dual coils in parallel, the resistance is halved. So two 1 ohm coils become 0.5 ohms in parallel.

If you connect up two 0.5 ohm coils in parallel, you will have 0.25 ohms. On a series dual mech mod that would mean about 32 amps current draw (V/I) - which would be in dangerous territory since many of the popular "good" batteries we use and buy are capable of about 20 amps continuous.

Be careful and let us know how it goes.

Here is one of the videos mentioned by @kev mac

Took me a while to build up the courage to use the Noisy Cricket. First build was on 0.69 ohms, sounds crazy high, but it is produces a wopping 102W (on fresh batteries), being used to only 80W this was a big jump for me.

You have to find your own sweet spot, based on what flavours you vape and what you want to achieve. The Noisy Cricket is a nice hard hitting mod, I really enjoy it between 0.55 and 0.7 ohms, that is 126 - 100 W.

But as everyone said, please make sure you have reliable batteries that do not have worn wrapping. Check Mooches battery reviews, do not take what ever is printed on the battery as gospel.

THIS link will help alot ( http://www.ecigssa.co.za/18650-battery-safety-grades-table.t14853/ ).

Build safe, monitor your batteries and enjoy the vape!

Here is one of the videos mentioned by @kev mac

Took me a while to build up the courage to use the Noisy Cricket. First build was on 0.69 ohms, sounds crazy high, but it is produces a wopping 102W (on fresh batteries), being used to only 80W this was a big jump for me.

You have to find your own sweet spot, based on what flavours you vape and what you want to achieve. The Noisy Cricket is a nice hard hitting mod, I really enjoy it between 0.55 and 0.7 ohms, that is 126 - 100 W.

But as everyone said, please make sure you have reliable batteries that do not have worn wrapping. Check Mooches battery reviews, do not take what ever is printed on the battery as gospel.

THIS link will help alot ( http://www.ecigssa.co.za/18650-battery-safety-grades-table.t14853/ ).

Build safe, monitor your batteries and enjoy the vape!

Right you are,the Cricket can be a very hard hitting mod and you need to put a bit of work into finding that sweet spot,totally doable but as you said"safety first".

this really helped me a lot, will seriously need to get quality batteries with an high drain. won't be nice posting an thread about how the noisy blew my face off.

thanks a lot

If you use the Noisy Cricket the right way and follow all the normal mech safety guidelines she will always have a spot in your heart.

It can be a bit much though at times especialy vaping at 120w at 7am.
So i would suggest the noisy be a second mod in your arsenal (this is my own findings)

20161125_135810_HDR.jpg

Good luck bud and dont be shy to ask other questions if you not sure.
Remember no question is a dumb question as we have all gone through the same road you are travelling on and its a much better road than our f#%king JHB roads :-D

Back